vi_spex
FactvsFeeling

pain is true

vi_spex

Pro

joy and pain are the only true emotions
FactvsFeeling

Con

According to research in the past, human emotion was thought to have been comprised into six different categories: Happy, surprised, afraid, disgusted, angry, and sad. Given the similarity of facial reactions when happy and surprised or disgusted and angry, the Institute of Neuroscience and Psychology from the University of Glasgow has dropped it down to four main categories - Namely combining surprised and happy and disgust with anger.

Whether we opt to go with conventional or the most recent research, we are left with four to six options. Not two.
vi_spex

Pro

so you are arguing anger is not of the mind?
FactvsFeeling

Con

No, I am arguing against the premise of your debate - The only two emotions being joy and pain. If I were to take it a step further, and read into the question concerning perhaps you intent was to relay the only two emotions which are true are joy and pain, I would say that is subject to interpretation. A quick Google search would reveal the contrary - Love and fear actually turn out to be the two which immediately pop up. Even so, when reviewing the rationale of the arguments made in those cases, I don't see scientific study utilized to back it up - so it falls into the category of opinion rather than fact.

In short, experts in the field of Neuroscience disagree with you when it comes to the amount of emotions, and other research points to love and fear.. not joy and pain. However, as I said, the latter is mere opinion.
vi_spex

Pro

obviusly there are more emotions then joy and pain clown
FactvsFeeling

Con

Something I have already pointed out - Yes, there are more than two emotions. If we were to verify the authenticity of your argument in the only two true emotions are joy and pain, I would say the burden of proof is in your corner for making such a bold claim. Which, by the way, you have done nothing to support your claim. You have merely decided to poke at my observations, and rather poorly. Furthermore, you have resorted to a character attack by name-calling, and therefore losing any credibility as a debater. I am glad the debate is over.
Posted by FollowerofChrist1955 1 year ago
FollowerofChrist1955
You should attend this debate:
Atheism- A lost reality! A hopeless, helpless cause!
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
not that serius
Posted by FactvsFeeling 1 year ago
FactvsFeeling
Are you serious?
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
u retarded?