vi_spex
Mark_Brand123

pain is true

vi_spex

Pro

joy and pain are the only true emotions
Mark_Brand123

Con

I would like to start out by looking at your opening statement,

"joy and pain are the only true emotions"

How can you make an assumption like this firstly without providing any evidence of this. I would like to bring everyone attention to the words "true emotions", what exactly does this mean? Tell me, what separates a 'true' emotion from a 'fake' emotion? And say theoretically if joy and pain are in fact the only true emotions what would you classify other emotions such as fear or even love? Are you a person who knows no love?

The claim that the only true emotions are joy and pain is quite plainly, ridiculous. You have provided no evidence to your cause, so are we just supposed to take your word for it?
vi_spex

Pro

only pain and joy are true.. it is the case, not not the case

true=matter

love is unknown, not true.. you can love a lie

im not necessarily saying love is bad though, but it can be for sure, ask dentists heheh
Mark_Brand123

Con

"only pain and joy are true.. it is the case, not not the case"

Yes I am aware that this is the case that we are debating about, may I ask why you choose to bring this up?

"true=matter'

I'm sorry, could you elaborate on this? This statement is rather vague. I do not know what you were thinking whilst writing this so I can only infer. If you are stating that the only thing that true has a physical presence and are made of particles (something you can touch), then why make this debate at all? Because emotions as far as modern research is concerned, you cannot touch emotions. The other way in interpreting this is by saying that the only thing that is true is that which matters. How can this be justified as everyone has a different opinion on what matters.

"love is unkown, not true.. you can love a lie"

I want to focus on the words "love is unkown, not true", Well your opening debate states that the only TRUE emotions are Joy and pain, so how would we even know what love is?

"im not necessarily saying love is bad though, but it can be for sure, ask dentists heheh"

Could I ask you to please stop deferring from the original point of this debate? And I would like to point out that you have not answered my other questions which can only lead me to believe that you have no answer for them ;)
vi_spex

Pro

only joy and pain are true, not not true

matter is true

particles are stories, not real

oppinions dont matter.. material is material not immaterial

love is belief, beliefs are unknown or not true

your lack of understanding of your defeat is irrelevant to the truth of my position
Mark_Brand123

Con

You are repeatedly pointing out the same points over throughout these three rounds and quite frankly, it is boring. The sentence "oppinoins don't matter.. " is very bold. In what context are we talking? Just simply stating that opinions don't matter is absurd!

"beliefs are unknown or not true"

So then why do we live in a society where we have our OWN beliefs at all?

"particles are stories, not real"

Are you saying therefore matter isn't real? Then please explain what everything is made up off?!

"your lack of understanding of your defeat is irrelevant to the truth of my position"

I am sorry, but I'm afraid that your lack of understanding of the topic has resulted in you failing to explain my points, repeating the same points over again even though I have already told you why they were incorrect, and lastly your failure to be able to answer my questions thoroughly which only lets me believe that you don't have an answer for them!

Ladies and Gentlemen, I believe I have made my points clear enough for everyone, I wish you all the best for the voting of this debate and may the best debater win :)
Posted by FollowerofChrist1955 1 year ago
FollowerofChrist1955
You should attend this debate:
Atheism- A lost reality! A hopeless, helpless cause!
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
hehe
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
life is true noob
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
see=joy
Posted by canis 1 year ago
canis
"so put your hands in boiling water and just feel bored"... Well would be fiction created by non fiction.
Posted by canis 1 year ago
canis
It is because you feel no joy reading it.
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
so put your hands in boiling water and just feel bored
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
you are not making any sense
Posted by canis 1 year ago
canis
"joy and pain are the only true emotions"... Shi. . I just spilled a glass of milk... Think any emotion is true. But when watching " Titanic"..Some cry.. Others think it is boring. = True feelings created by fiction. Put your hands in boiling water..It will not be boring. = True feelings created by non fiction.