Ozzyhead
SteveEvans

paintball is safer than bowling

Started: 3/6/2014 Category: Sports

Ozzyhead

Pro

As someone who plays and enjoys both sports religiously, I have to say paintball is a safer sport than bowling. I hope to have an opponent that has participated and enjoys both. I also hope for a good argument. I will not tolerate any bashing of the opponent. I will also not allow poor grammar and spelling. A couple mistakes is understandable however. If English is not your first language, then mistakes are understandable. Please tell me if English is not your first language. Sources do not have to be outrageously professional. Wikipedia will be an acceptable source as long as I can find the information you provide somewhere else. As I said you can use Wikipedia, but if I find a professional source that contradicts what you say, than your statement will be invalid. But only that statement. You do not forfeit just because the information you provide is contradicted. Let us enjoy this discussion! First round is acceptance. Most of us have been bowling since a young age for recreational purposes, but please provide how long you have been playing both sports when you accept. I have been bowling for about 3 years on a regular basis, and before that was on a sporadic basis. I have been playing paintball for about 5 years on a regular basis.
SteveEvans

Con

I accept the rules; I will cite sources for my claims to be credible, I'll try my best to avoid minor spelling/grammar errors, I'll format my arguments like I always do, and I'll present arguments professionally. I accept, and look forward to, the debate!

P.S. My first language is indeed English.
Ozzyhead

Pro

Unless you call bruises injuries, generally people do not get injured in paintball as long as they are following the rules. In bowling, people have sprained and snapped their wrists, dropped the bowl on their foot, and things of that nature, and this goes for professional players. People who play too much in a week get injured according to twinboro.com. Also according to the site, injuries are caused by incorrect balls, meaning weight and grip, and can be caused by unfitted equipment such as gloves and braces. According to the National Injury Information Clearinghouse of the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission it's statistically more likely that you'll injure yourself while bowling than if you were playing paintball. A 2001 study reported that per 1000 participants there are only 0.24 injuries in paintball while bowling was almost double the incidence of injury at 0.47 injuries. As long as paintball is done in a professional way, and watched over by trained referees, and using the right, paintball approved protective gear, than you are sure to walk away with only a few bruises and aches. The law is that paintball must be played on a closed off field and the owners are required to have a rule that requires players to keep masks on while on the field and to keep the barrel covered when not in play. Bowling is self officiated while paintball is over watched by people ready to protect a player who is defenseless in a time of need. Also, on a day playing paintball, owners/managers will require that the game go on break so that people can rest, refill, and eat for nutrition. They also provide on site medical assistance. Maybe not the best, but it is available, while I have seen people in bowling alleys require ambulances when injured. In bowling, people can go on their own, play by themselves, get too involved in the game, and completely forget to rest. Sure, maybe you have to be "dumb enough" to make such mistakes, but unlike paintball, no one is there for you to protect you from yourself
SteveEvans

Con

SteveEvans forfeited this round.
Ozzyhead

Pro

Ozzyhead forfeited this round.
SteveEvans

Con

SteveEvans forfeited this round.