bbbb
Dirky

parents that don't support their childs public education should be charged with child neglect.

bbbb

Pro

so look. i am a student who is about to debate a bunch of arrogant people. I need some help here; this is my final for the course and i just dont want to screw anything up.
I'm supposedly for this topic so do you have any tips for me.
Sorry for wasting your time.
Dirky

Con

In your case, what you are presenting is that the parent is against the idea of their child's public education. If they are simply against it and not doing anything physical to remove the child, than you are screwed in your debate. If this is not the case, then the other most probable thing you could be arguing is that the parent is physically taking their child out of the education system, this deprives the child of any chance to succeed in life, which is not only neglection, but in a way, abuse. The child will eventually go through the real world and be denied any half-decent jobs. Condemning the child, later in life, to roll around in the waste that the parent left.
Tips:
-Put the others in the debate in the position of the child
-Connect to real-life events that have already happened, such as a sad story about educational deprivation (must be relevant)
-and finally have a confident voice that is not to crazy, but passionate enough to draw attention to your point, use sophisticated words, but not to over the head of the judges.
bbbb

Pro

bbbb forfeited this round.
Dirky

Con

Dirky forfeited this round.
bbbb

Pro

bbbb forfeited this round.
Dirky

Con

Dirky forfeited this round.
Posted by bbbb 3 years ago
bbbb
I am just confused right now. I really have no debating techniques. ( If you want to talk to me personally about this for tips and other great points. leave a bunch of tips for me. Isn't this a debate site).

P.S- In case your wondering, I'm using someone else's e-mail...
HA!

Anyway, what is the major idea in the topic?
All I see is child neglect and education.
Hope you guys can help.
I don't want to fail this course!
Posted by Phoenix_Reaper 3 years ago
Phoenix_Reaper
So you are saying that parents shouldn't be charged for neglecting education?
Posted by sagacity 3 years ago
sagacity
what are you arguing?