vi_spex
ZBestDebater

pascals wager is a fairy tale

vi_spex

Pro

pascals wager=if you dont vote for me, regardless if you cant make it back to the computer in time, you might fall and snap your neck because i just mentioned it
ZBestDebater

Con

Oh boy, your argument is not only ignorant, but it is also making a terrible comparison. Pascal's wager considers every option possible. See, if you don't believe in god, you will absolutely rot forever. There's no out of it, it's a fact that you will either perish from existence or rot in hell for eternity. If you DO believe, then you have a chance have a chance that you will live in heaven forever, or perish from existence, if god doesn't exist. So you're actually better off believing in god. Here's a better comparison: Let's say a mad dictator has sent soldiers to capture you and your family and torture all of you for as long as you live. Now, there's a really big trench, but the only way across is through a very, very loose wooden bridge. Now, he soldiers will arrive in about 3 minutes. You either get tortured by the soldiers, suicide by jumping in the trench, or try to walk the bridge and either fail or succeed. now, what's your best option? Obviously, you need to try to walk the bridge, since it's literally your only chance of not dieing or getting tortured. It's a small chance, but you should take it. it's the same thing with god. you need to believe, and that's your only chance of NOT being in pain or perishing forever.
vi_spex

Pro

i might go to heaven wheather i believe or not, same with hell..

fact=truth

you have no truth to tell about god, only fantasy, thats why god is a fart that never happend
ZBestDebater

Con

Look, i can tell that you are way too stubborn to read a long paragraph, so i'll shorten it for you WITHOUT the explanation: If you believe, you might go to heaven. if you don't believe, you will absolutely rot in hell and/or perish from existence. Now, please, if you need evidence for this, it's in the last round, and you can also use logic to find out that Pascal's Wager is right. it is completely right, it uses logic to show that believing in god is the only chance of not meeting the worse destiny possible.
vi_spex

Pro

belief is doubt, i can believe i will go to heaven just for believing that i will, same

so.. because you can get bird poo on your head when you are outside you should Wear a hat for the rest of your life, resonable argument
ZBestDebater

Con

Look, the next round is going to be the last round. so i must ask of you to provide an argument on why the logic that Pascal's Wager uses isn't right. If you can't provide that evidence, then i must ask you to either forfeit this argument or confess an act of trolling. Pascal's Wager tells you that your only chance of survival is believing in god. If you do so, you might go to heaven. if you don't, then you will absolutely, undeniably go to hell or perish from existence. So, according to logic, the safest way is to believe in god.
vi_spex

Pro

are you going to Wear a hat for the rest of your life?
ZBestDebater

Con

Oh wow, You really can't provide a valid argument, can you? Getting some bird poop on your head is merely an inconvenience to us, we can take the risk. Hell is something that will torture us forever, it's horrible and we have to avoid it at all costs. Perishing from existence is also something to be avoided at all costs. So logic shows that believing in god is the only way that we might be saved by god if he exists. I need you to give a real argument instead of making terrible comparisons. I'm pretty sure that you only have 1 argument left, it better be a good one. Because if it's not, then you have failed to prove your point. just stop repeating the same thing about a hat and tell me, full-on, Why Pascal's Wager is, by definition, wrong/incorrect? Because it's logical, the safest path is believing in God.
vi_spex

Pro

i am providing pascals wager

but it can still happen, do you want bird poo on your head? no, go buy a hat ffs..
ZBestDebater

Con

Yes I see that you're obviously going to lose, since you never provided a valid argument about what we are ACTUALLY arguing about. You only talked about how you should not or should wear a hat because of some bird poop. Pascal's wager shows by logic that believing in God is the safest way to take, and the only way you might ever survive and live on as a person. You did not understand this, I don't even kn ow if you actually read what I wrote. Oh well, I knew that you were never going to move from that one little bad comparison you made from the start. The voters will now decide who is in the right, and i have a feeling it's not you.
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
ow.. i get it now...

sry man.. thanks btw x)
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
does your lack of understanding, mean its incoherent?

your lack of understanding, is your lack of understanding, not my incoherence...

be afraid only, of your self inflicted unawarness, so dont be afraid, the answer is now, unless i dont answer
Posted by whiteflame 1 year ago
whiteflame
They're almost always nearly impossible to understand. But I'm not going to have this out with you in the comments, especially as you seem more interested in insulting me than in an actual discussion.
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
if this is about dick size perhaps you should learn some pyramid coherence from me and go invent some dick growth pills, but if you do have an argument you will post it now
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
i have no care about votes

how are my arguments incoherent..
Posted by whiteflame 1 year ago
whiteflame
...I just removed a vote that was against you, a vote that attacked your arguments here and on other debates as being a waste of space, as being inflammatory. And your response is to proceed to insult both me and anyone who disagrees with you? Wow. You're making bench's vote look tame by comparison.
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
Whiteflame.. you dont understand what pascals is.. do they just let retards on the board like you? Wonder when my invite got lost
Posted by whiteflame 1 year ago
whiteflame
Debate: http://www.debate.org...

Profile: http://www.debate.org...

****************************************************************
>Reported vote: imabench// Mod action: Removed<

3 points to Con (Arguments). Reasons for voting decision: Once again, Pro failed to make a single coherent argument and instead is just wasting server space for Juggle

[*Reason for removal*] (1) Much as Pro's arguments are often confounding, the voter cannot ignore all points made by this debater. (2) Maligning the debater with your RFD is not only outside the realm of providing feedback, but ends up making this voter look biased. (3) This vote has commonly appeared with the exact same verbiage on multiple debates. RFDs need to be specific to the debate, not overgeneralized as this is.
******************************************************************************
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
nja
Posted by YoshiBoy13 1 year ago
YoshiBoy13
Finally, vi_xpex argues *against*, not *with* an equals sign.