vi_spex
Kyle_the_Heretic

pascals wager is a fairy tale

Kyle_the_Heretic

vi_spex

Pro

pascals wager=if you dont vote for me, regardless if you cant make it back to the computer in time, you might fall and snap your neck because i just mentioned it
Kyle_the_Heretic

Con

Pascal's Wager is an argument in apologetic philosophy [1], and not at all structured like a fairy tail or in any way related to one. Pascal's Wager may be completely correct, partially correct, or completely incorrect, but is nonetheless proffered as a truth. A fairy tale is not required to be philosophically, scientifically, or realistically correct to any given degree, and is not proffered as a truth. The tale need only make sufficient sense for the reader to be entertained, and/or find a moral in the telling.

If Pro is comparing Pascal's Wager to a fairy tale, in the sense that the wager fails to adhere to reality, he fails to do so, instead making Pascal's Wager equal to a statement that has no apparent relation to the topic of debate.

1 https://en.wikipedia.org...
vi_spex

Pro

so if they dont vote for me they might not fall and snap their necks just because i mentioned it?
Kyle_the_Heretic

Con

Pro has failed to address any part of his argument in Round 2, which probably doesn't surprise anyone who knows him well on this site.
vi_spex

Pro

so they shouldnt vote for me, like i shouldnt belive in heaven?
Kyle_the_Heretic

Con

In Round 3, Pro has directly addressed his opponent with a question unrelated to the debate topic, instead of addressing his opponent's argument. He did the same in Round 2. Because the question is unrelated to the debate topic, it warrants no response, as it contributes nothing to the debate.
vi_spex

Pro

soo.. they should vote for me? because or else they might fall and snap their neck
Kyle_the_Heretic

Con

Pro is apparently more interested in posing unrelated questions than in debating his own topic.
vi_spex

Pro

this is pacals Wager
Kyle_the_Heretic

Con

Pro's final statement is ambiguous, and fails to explain or defend his argument. There is nothing I can add beyond that which I presented in Round 1.

For all those who actually read this debate, please don't hold it against me.
Posted by whiteflame 1 year ago
whiteflame
****************************************************************
>Reported vote: imabench// Mod action: Removed<

3 points to Con (Arguments). Reasons for voting decision: ff essentially

[*Reason for removal*] (1) Pro did not forfeit any rounds in this debate. (2) This justification does not support the arguments vote. Conduct can be awarded for a forfeit, but not arguments.
******************************************************************************
Posted by hldemi 1 year ago
hldemi
This guy is pure gold
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
thats your name! im sure of it
Posted by lol101 1 year ago
lol101
Lol
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
yea
Vote Placed by tejretics 1 year ago
tejretics
vi_spexKyle_the_HereticTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro drops all of Con's arguments, and Pro fails to fulfill their burden of proof, which requires them to prove that Pascal's Wager is a fairy tale. Pro's sole argument was: "if you dont vote for me, regardless if you cant make it back to the computer in time, you might fall and snap your neck because i just mentioned it" -- I don't see any link to the resolution. Voters -- under their obligation to act as blank slates -- should not vote on arguments that lack links or are unwarranted. As such, I vote Con.