vi_spex
Alpha3141

pascals wager is a fairy tale

Alpha3141

vi_spex

Pro

pascals wager=if you dont vote for me, regardless if you cant make it back to the computer in time, you might fall and snap your neck because i just mentioned it
Alpha3141

Con

Pascal's Wager is simply a hypothetical view of the Theist vs. Atheist debate.

It isn't a "fairy tale", but is a simplified version of a Theist's point of view on the matter. Both sides might disagree on reality, but it is "worth a chance" that the Theistic position is right. If your wrong, you don't lose anything anyway.

Using an analogy like you are doing misses the point of Pascal's Wager. If you dislike it, then give a logical reason for how it is wrong. Not an irrelevant analogy in order to attack it.

Truthfully, if you want to refute Pascal's Wager, don't use some irrelevant hypothetical attack. I want to know, what part of Pascal's Wager is incorrect?
vi_spex

Pro

belief=theism
atheism=disbelief=belief=theism

i am showing you pascals Wager..

pascals wager=if you dont jump one time for me real fast alpha, you might fall and snap your neck just because i mentioned it

shouldnt you do it then? just do what i tell you
Alpha3141

Con

Sadly, you misunderstand Atheism. Atheism depends on philosophical beliefs too. The believe in Logic, reality, morality, induction, Naturalism, and believe that theism is wrong. Atheism isn't some "neutral" position. It is just as dependent on faith as theism, if not more.

And again you use an analogy. Your analogy fails, because it isn't relevant. People aren't going to hid in a cushioned room just because they are afraid of death. Possibility is real. I agree with you. But why is Pascal's Wager wrong? Please, please stop using those examples.
vi_spex

Pro

i agree atheism is belief to the contrary, but there are not much atheists these days just theists to science

and atheism is simply the belief that there is no god, nothing more

belief that logic is true is theism

the neutral position is the maybe position, i accept i dont know

i am using pascal... tell me why you didnt jump to answer your own question about why pascals is wrong

possibilities are imaginary, not real.
Alpha3141

Con

Possibility is the hypothetical idea of what may or may not happen. Labeling it "real" or "not real" misses the point.

I see nothing wrong in particular with Pascal's Wager. If there is, I would like to hear about it.
vi_spex

Pro

so tell me why you didnt jump? do you like to fall and snap your neck? better jump for me just 1 time man or it might happen just becasue i said it..

this is pascals.. total non sense

you dont go to hell if you believe... you might not snap your neck because i mentioned it, if you jump

no difference

is it not possible that i am right? and that you might fall and snap your neck, just jump 1 time for me real fast man dont worry about it
Alpha3141

Con

It is true that you might hurt yourself if you jump. But that is irrelevant. Give a non-hypothetical reason why Pascal's Wager is wrong. You hold the burden of proof. You need to give a relevant reasoned explanation of why it is wrong.

All I see is that you simply dislike the idea of Pascal's Wager.
vi_spex

Pro

read it Again m8..
Alpha3141

Con

Ummm, I read it again. And yes, jumping can result in you hurting yourself. So why is Pascal wrong?
Posted by lol101 1 year ago
lol101
vi_spex
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
to your kid
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
how do you prove a coffe cup is hot
Posted by Alpha3141 1 year ago
Alpha3141
Your examples are just examples, not explinations
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
and how do you know i am not right
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
i mean right now, if you have a hot cup of coffe and i believe it is Cold, how do you prove i am wrong
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
how do you prove to me that a coffe cup at your place is hot? all i have is my reasoning, imagination
Posted by Alpha3141 1 year ago
Alpha3141
How is any of that relevant?
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
logic is true, is absolute.. prove you can close your eyes and read on

it isnt circular to pick up a pen to use it..
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
if you are Building a cardhouse in your house and the window is open, its stormy weather and really windy, and everytime you begin to stack the Cards the Wind knocks them over, do you let the window stay open?
Vote Placed by imabench 1 year ago
imabench
vi_spexAlpha3141Tied
Reasons for voting decision: ff essentially