G3Mii
comoncents

paying to go to college freash out of school

Con Tied Pro

G3Mii

Con

why should students freah out of school pay to go to college, when the goverment know that they haven't been working and cannot afford it, yes we know that people say well your perents can afford it but what if your perents can't?.
does this mean becuase you or your perents can't afford it that means you cannot have a well paying job all beacse of your finacial income?. it just means that the rich get richer and the poor gets poorer
comoncents

Pro

My opponent's argument is blurry but I will argue how a person could pay for college and why it is a good thing.

Just a little insight into my life, I did not go to college out high school. I was ignorant to my options. That is the key. There are options!

You should never believe that education should be free or at the hands of tax dollars, Americans cannot afford it.

If you are poor, get a pell grant, and a student loan. Pick a college that you know you can afford. You should be held accountable to pay for college out of high school; you can pay for it with the two I mentioned.

You may have to pay it back when you graduate but in theory you are still paying the university right out of high school.

And if you wait, you will age. I am 25 now and will not get done with Law school till I am 30. I have friends that are 25 and making money already. You do not realize it till you are older and look back at what you could have done.

Look guys, this is a weird debate but I take it as an opportunity to share. My opponent's argument is cloudy but mine is here on paper.

http://www2.ed.gov...
http://studentaid.ed.gov...
G3Mii

Con

as my oppoant has made it clear yes my argument is blurry, this is because the education system in america is differant than from the one in england. over here if you live in a certain area you go to the college closer to you becuase you still have to go home at the end of the day.
now it all depends on what course you take.
take mine.
i do hairdressing;
�250 for my kit
�40 for my uniform
�10 for my trousers
�4 for my shoes
�50 enrolment fees
on top of other things such as if we have a school trip we have tp pay for this too. my perents are on low income and find it difficult to keep up. we applied for a student grant and got �200 which doesn't cover the cost of my kit. i get �30 a week EMA which has to pay for my lunch and upkeep of my kit.
comoncents

Pro

First of all you did not specify Uk or USA.
My claim still works for your original argument.

For the uk.
http://www.direct.gov.uk...

I am sure you could get a loan.
also,
There're tons of scholarships you just have to make an effort.
G3Mii

Con

the UK is differn't from the USA for a start we do not have elementry school jr high and high school we have primary school and secondry school then some people choose to go to college. with the resession this country is in i think that it is out of order that we should have to pay for it.
the goverment want as meny people as they can to take college courses as it is advertised of the tv (eg learndirect) so if they want this surly they could work out the income and realise that some people whould be entitled to a free course.
my opponant is not making it clear that we should HAVE to pay for our courses purly becuase we shouldn't have to if you are on low income and have just come stright out of secondry school you should NOT have to pay and are entitled to a free course
comoncents

Pro

You seemed confused.
Everyone should have to pay for there education.
The government can help but you should be responsible for paying your own education.

You are arguing that kids should not pay for their education.
I have to argue why they do, and how to do it.

The reason why they should pay for their own education is b/c no one should be responsible for another's education.
Where would you suggest getting the money to fund your proposal?
You have not come up with points to prove why kids should be "entitled" to a free education.
(The life one is dealt is not an excuse)

You cannot afford to cover everyone going to college. And there're many different ways to get college paid for. I have provided some.

http://www.scholarship-search.org.uk...
G3Mii

Con

you cannot get a scholership for the colleges down here.
and as for funding well the goverment can pay for childeren to go to school so why can't they pay for say 16-19 for a free college course then? these teenagers cannot apply for these sort of things trust me i have tried.
and you want reason why they should be entilted to a free college course?
1) becuase it gives them a chance at what they want to do without worrying about the cost
2)becuase half of them do not have money
3)besucase its just not right that you should have to pay for it all
4)not only do you have to pay for the fees you have to pay fopr trips
theres 4 off the top of my head
comoncents

Pro

"you cannot get a scholership for the colleges down here."

Why not. I sent you the link. You can get a scholarship almost anywhere. You have to put effort into it.

"and as for funding well the goverment can pay for childeren to go to school so why can't they pay for say 16-19 for a free college course then?"

I can imagine that the UK funds to help children go to school so people can have a basic knowledge. Higher education should not be included. If the government does include higher education the funds would have to come from somewhere. Where do they get it?
Tax more? Really, do you guys really need to be taxed more than you are now?
Take away from the children? Really, do not let 5-year-old Timmy goes to schools so 18 year old you can.

"these teenagers cannot apply for these sort of things trust me i have tried."

Try harder!

"and you want reason why they should be entilted to a free college course?
1) becuase it gives them a chance at what they want to do without worrying about the cost"

What about students that have to pay for it b/c their family makes more. Now you are unloading a ton of people into a work field b/c the government picks up the tab. Now the family's that cannot get into the government program have to struggle for their kids to go to college.

"2)becuase half of them do not have money"

So is it fair for the half that does?

"3)besucase its just not right that you should have to pay for it all"

Why not?

"4)not only do you have to pay for the fees you have to pay fopr trips
theres 4 off the top of my head"

Oh not, you have to pay for services! What? It is not all free in this world!

Look I know it is hard but hey that is the cost of higher education. I have given you some ways to do it. You have to put the effort into it.

As of now you have not shown me that you have tried hard.

VOTE PRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PRO
Posted by commonprotocol 7 years ago
commonprotocol
I rescind that, it goes to me for making a mistake in my last post.
Posted by commonprotocol 7 years ago
commonprotocol
I believe the award for ultimate irony goes to alto2osu for making an error while lambasting someone or not proofreading.
Posted by alto2osu 7 years ago
alto2osu
both-->"bother" in the second sentence. My bad :)
Posted by alto2osu 7 years ago
alto2osu
So, I really think that London *should* fully subsidize a university education for their youth. Or, I suppose, they should both to fund their pre-collegiate education more, because it isn't apparent to me at all how Con made it through secondary with such absolutely appalling communication skills.

You have a bloody screen in front of you, with a "post comments" option. This isn't just spewed out of oblivion. Write. Re-read. Spell check. POST.

Furthermore, coherency is key to online debate. It isn't that this isn't a welcoming educational community, but when you don't take pride in the words you use to represent yourself in this particular forum, it signals to those around you that you don't have the respect for us or yourself to take that time.

As for the debate itself, echo Puck. Student loans exist, and if you are actually as poor as you say you are, then I guarantee you are eligible. I graduated from college, and had to work during my collegiate career. At the same time, I was given federal assistance to the tune of full tuition each term despite being from a middle class background. Take advantage of the things you are given by your government to succeed.
Posted by Grape 7 years ago
Grape
Most of the top schools in the US have so much money that if you're poor they will pay for your education out of their own pockets. Swarthmore College has granted something like $23 million to all of its current students, which is like a third of the total tuition at the school. Granted this is not normal but those who are truly deserving of a college education will be able to get it regardless of money.
Posted by G3Mii 7 years ago
G3Mii
yeah good one were all the aermicans keep blwing up our troop in 'friendly fire' WHEN OR BRITTISH TOOPS SHOULDN'T BE OUT THERE MY BROTHER DIED FIGHTING AMERICAS WAR!!!!
Posted by comoncents 7 years ago
comoncents
I live here and have done that. I am in school now. Join the military like I did.
Posted by G3Mii 7 years ago
G3Mii
maybe if u lived here and was in the real world were you struggle every freekin day to put food on the table youd understand
Posted by Zetsubou 7 years ago
Zetsubou
I have reason to suspect this "Girl" is "fake".

By Fake I mean:
"Avatar"
"Retarded Arguments"
"Retarded Spellings"

It's just too stupid to be real.
Vote Placed by Anacharsis 7 years ago
Anacharsis
G3MiicomoncentsTied
Vote Placed by mable_sox 7 years ago
mable_sox
G3MiicomoncentsTied
Vote Placed by Rockylightning 7 years ago
Rockylightning
G3MiicomoncentsTied
Vote Placed by Korashk 7 years ago
Korashk
G3MiicomoncentsTied
Vote Placed by comoncents 7 years ago
comoncents
G3MiicomoncentsTied