hofferyolo
devin.cooper64

pediepie against smosh

Started: 10/15/2013 Category: Funny

hofferyolo

Con

Sometimes I am so annoyed bu people saying that pewdiepie sucks, but if he sucks then how come he has 14 million subscribers on youtube. If people aren't saying that felix ( pewdipie) sucks there are saying that smosh is better...... I love how funny pewds is but i am getting grayhairs every time someone says " pewdiepie sucks and smosh is better so you are gay." So you tell me who is better? First can you go on to youtube and look up pewdiepie then watch smosh......
devin.cooper64

Pro

To clear things up, con is siding with Pewdiepie and I am siding with Smosh for who if the better youtuber.

In my opinion I hate both evenly, so I will be playing the role of Devil's Advocate for this debate...

First of, to rebuttal the points Con brought up...
1. There's actually a very good reason why PewDiePie has 14,000,000+ subscribers, MatPat of the Game Theorists, did an episode dedicated to the reason why pewdiepie has beaten out celebrities (vevo), music labels (UKF), animators, and even entire networks (machinima) for the most subscribed spot.

According to the video, its simple as, PewDiePie cheated the system, by splitting his gaming sessions into parts, youtubers are required to continue on to the next video in order to see the next part, this in return generates views, which will make the youtube system see the high amount of views and place him up on the featured page, generating even more views.

On the same note, playing video games accompanied by commentary is far easier than creating skits like Smosh does, so while PewDiePie uploads more than one video a day, Smosh can only upload 2 videos per month, making the probability of getting featured more less likely. PewDiePie also uses misleading thumbnails and titles, to attract viewers easier, though this is a minor reason. [1]

That being said, he uses one of the cheapest cheats to get more views and subscribers while Smosh does not, also, the amount of subscribers does not reflect how good something is, there are millions of great youtubers that barley scratch 100,000+ subs and there are plenty of youtubers in the top 100 that dont deserve the spot...

Now for my main arguments:
1. Smosh has a bigger legacy than pewdiepie, sure pewdiepie has a lot of subscribers and a few million generic sword throws and quizzes on happy wheels, but smosh has its own cartoon network [2] , magazine [3], website [4], and an upcoming video game [5].

2. The effort required to make video game lets plays is nothing compared to skits, for pewdiepie, he just has to find a game, play it, commentate, edit, and upload, something that only takes a few hours. Smosh on the other hand has to write out scripts, act, edit effects and improve it, and much more. Their video uploads reflect that as true, pewdiepie uploads lots of videos per day while smosh only shoves in 3 video a month due to how much time it consumes.

3. Lets Plays are a tired act, lets be honest, everyone and their dog is doing lets plays, there are thousands of lets players well known and unknown doing the same act that PewDiePie does long before he actually showed, and his presence has only added thousands more to the bucket of lets plays, all low quality surprisingly, the act is tiring and so easy to do its stupid.

[1] www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgMqhEMhVV8
[2] www.youtube.com/user/ShutUpCartoons
[3] https://itunes.apple.com...;
[4] www.smosh.com
[5] www.smosh.com/indiegogo-food-battle-the-gameR06;
hofferyolo

Con

hofferyolo forfeited this round.
devin.cooper64

Pro

devin.cooper64 forfeited this round.
hofferyolo

Con

hofferyolo forfeited this round.
devin.cooper64

Pro

devin.cooper64 forfeited this round.
Posted by Fluffyman200 3 years ago
Fluffyman200
I like both I just want to see a good debate