agree_disagree
bballcrook21

pedophiles should be put to death

bballcrook21

agree_disagree

Pro

Paedophiles should be put to death because they cause harm and mental scaring and if put in jail they may escape and continued their mass destruction of a child's innocence (perhaps repeatedly).Not only is it safer it may urge the victim to move on knowing that their molester is no longer alive to hurt them.
bballcrook21

Con

I accept the challenge. I will state that pedophiles should not be put to death. Let me start off with definitions that I will use throughout my overall argument.

Pedophilia - sexual feelings directed toward children.
Pedophile - an adult who is sexually attracted to children.
Rape - unlawful sexual intercourse or any other sexual penetration of the vagina, anus, or mouth of another person, with or without force, by a sex organ, other body part, or foreign object, without the consent of the victim.

Pedophilia, just like homosexuality and heterosexuality, is a form of sexual preference. It is by no means something that all pedophiles act upon. What you are describing is child molestation, which is unlawful sexual intercourse or sexual activity with a child as an adult.

My previous statement will be the main basis for my argument from now on.

I await your response and opening argument. Then I shall state my rebuttal.
agree_disagree

Pro

well you are correct in your facts department many people are scared daily by child molesters less of them means less scaring .Being only a child I am disgusted at your disagreement on the topic my relate was rape by a molester and no she is scared out of control and frightening would you want that to happen to your family member ,I think not.
bballcrook21

Con

At this point I would rather you pick up a book about grammar and proper sentence structure then lecture me about what could and could not happen to my family.

I could not understand your argument to the core, but I will still explain some things.

Less people of one type does not make the problem go away. Pedophilia is a sexual orientation. It is very disgusting, and I would have to agree with you on that, but it is still a sexual preference. Just like homosexuality and bestiality (no I am not comparing homosexuality and bestiality), it is all sexual preference.

Pedophilia was widely regarded in medieval Europe and there are quite a lot of pedophiles in the Middle East as of today.

We have evolved to disregard pedophilia and as a society have accepted that it is rather offsetting. However, that does not equal death. You can have certain feelings or emotions but learn not to act upon them. If you are a pedophile, that means you are attracted to children. If you are a molester, that means you rape and have sex with children. That is the difference.

Also, need I mention that lawfully it can be considered pedophilia to be an adult of 18 years and have sexual relations with a "minor" of 17 years.

It is wrong to assume that I like pedophiles. We both share the common disgust for pedophilia, I just happen to have a more educated response as to how we deal with pedophiles.

If a man or woman has sexual relations or any intimate relations with a child, then they shall be sent to jail. If this problem persists, then a heavier punishment can be placed upon them.

You should only every give your life if you take the life of someone else.
agree_disagree

Pro

agree_disagree forfeited this round.
Posted by bballcrook21 1 year ago
bballcrook21
Using your age to justify wrongdoings is not a good excuse. You are only further perpetuating the stereotype of age equaling to maturity as well as intelligence. If your age stunts your debating capabilities, as well as understanding the English language (I have never seen anyone who did not know the difference between a rapist and a pedophile) then you should not be debating.

Your argument has to be correctly written and articulate enough for people to enjoy reading. As this is comparative, I was issued the win since my writing was much better then yours.
Posted by agree_disagree 1 year ago
agree_disagree
HHand yes I meant. Rapist not pedophiles but I'm 13 and
I thought they were the same so there
Posted by agree_disagree 1 year ago
agree_disagree
I don't care if my grammar is wrong that has nothing to do with this
I also am new to this site and a child so how the he'll should I also
know what a poll thingy is. My entire. Family has watched my
relative suffer under the stress of being molested
Posted by Greg4586 1 year ago
Greg4586
Jern hate to break it to you, but that's just simply historically incorrect. In almost every society throughout history the societies have been built to protect the women whether the society is patriarchal or matriarchal. Rape has been almost always looked down upon by society and have often resulted in the rapists being publicly beaten and often murdered.

I think you have a fundamentally misunderstanding of male sexuality. It seems you view them as violent savages who seek to fight, but what you misunderstand is that what they're built to do is to protect and provide for their families, often women and children. This is often misunderstood by men being most of the fighters in war and commit horrible atrocities and war crimes including rape, yet what you will notice is when it is done and not looked down upon is when it is done not to their own people, but to the people they conquered.
Posted by hldemi 1 year ago
hldemi
Noob sniped. Semantic misconception. Pro was obviously thinking of pedophilic child sexual abuse offenders. Give Pro chance to redefine the terms unless you want cheap easy win.
Posted by Rob.OBiscuit 1 year ago
Rob.OBiscuit
Some of these comments are nauseating. Paedophiles should be put to death. And no, it's not a sexual orientation. It's wrong to have sexual feelings for a non-consenting body (rape, beastiality, paedophilia etc). Children do not have the mental capacity or agency to consent to sex and nor do animals. That's like saying being a rapist is an orientation. It's not. Also, there is such a thing as paedophiles who have acted on their "feelings", the question does not explicitly specify if they have or have not, and if they have - there is not one single shred of doubt that, in my opinion, they should be killed.
Posted by JernHenrik 1 year ago
JernHenrik
I agree with bballcrook21, that punishing people for thought crimes are a slippery slope, best not taken.

Millions of men are sitting in front of their computer screens, every day, to masturbate to pornography, that often depicts a very young woman, being forcefully raped, by a gang of big muscular men. Even though, I am gay, I also like to watch her being humiliated, violated, penetrated.
Like most other men, I don't act out, on a real person.
So pedophiles, should not be killed, just for being born, with an unfortunate sexual fetish.

HOWEVER! If one is caught, in the act, with baby blood, on his penis, and there can be no doubt, then..
He should probably be punished, somehow. I am guessing, that the father of the raped child, would want to pull the trigger himself. May I only suggest, that we first round up some sadists, and some gay men, and RAPE&TORTURE him, with every tool, ever devised to cause pain. I am talking, anal rape, first by gay man's penis and then by iron rod. Electricity that fries his balls, before we smash them etc etc
THEN, and only then, can we execute him, and throw his ashes down a volcano.
Posted by bballcrook21 1 year ago
bballcrook21
I am patiently waiting for your argument.
Posted by bballcrook21 1 year ago
bballcrook21
Also, if you thought that no one would argue against you, why did you make this a debate? You could have made this a forum thread or a poll.
Posted by JernHenrik 1 year ago
JernHenrik
When children rape:
In the more patriarchal societies, young boys are told by their brothers and fathers, that rape is a Man's Privilege, and an important stepping stone from boyhood too manhood.

Dramatization:
We raped! shouted, the proud adolescent boys out. It's a kind of sexual rite of passage, now the young boys feel like men and treated as such by society. The desire to rape had been long whispered in the locker room before gym class, Young boys parade around, showing of their penises. Proud and confident, that one day, they will get the opportunity to force their hard weapon up inside, the private parts, of some randomly victimised female . Then, very important: Repeat, but, in her A$$. Brutality. They take turns, and compete to see which boy can cause her the worst pain and humiliation.

In the position of pimply youths puberty is all of humanity, and especially the men's part of it, cultivating a hunter and warrior instincts. Conqueror. In that lies the horror of war, that it is capable of making normal people do perverted acts of cruelty and rape. Forensic psychologists have long known that rape is usually not due to a desire to get sexual satisfaction, but rather the lust for power, the desire to emphasize their superiority over weaker by his humiliation, revenge, acts of sadism.
Vote Placed by PericIes 1 year ago
PericIes
agree_disagreebballcrook21Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro had dreadful spelling and grammar. Example: "Being only a child I am disgusted at your disagreement on the topic my relate was rape by a molester and no she is scared out of control and frightening would you want that to happen to your family member ,I think not." Con had more convincing arguments, but this was more because of Pro's lack of any real argument. Pro basically said "pedophiles scare people and my relative was raped so they should be put to death." This is not a sufficient argument. Sources go to Con for actually posting sources.BBC is pretty reliable, as well.
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 1 year ago
dsjpk5
agree_disagreebballcrook21Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro ff a round. This is bad conduct.
Vote Placed by Greg4586 1 year ago
Greg4586
agree_disagreebballcrook21Tied
Reasons for voting decision: The two sides were both equally rude in this debate, so I can't really give the point for better conduct to anyone. Con does bring up a good point that by definition a pedophile is someone who has an intense love for children, and they are very different from pedophiles who rape. By strict definition Pro is suggesting we execute a population of people for having a desire they can not control. Pro should have been more strict to clarify that he/she means child rapists rather than pedophiles.