openminded7
frozen_eclipse

people are good at heart

openminded7

Pro

I am writing an essay explaining that people are good at heart but my teacher wants me to prove it which makes it kind of hard. My three reasons were because we were created in a state of innocence, we all have a choice, and people don't think before they act. How else could I explain or prove that babies or children don't think about being evil or doing dire things by themselves but by their surroundings... Debate??
frozen_eclipse

Con

I will prove that people are not all not good at heart by defeating pros contentions and proposing some ideals of my own.

"We were created in a state of innocence," pro says.

I say that this conclusion is not based upon concrete conclusive means.
A infant is born with the same capability of evil and misbehavior as us all. The only difference is infants can not communicate any evil deeds they may be thinking of. They also cannot act or move to enact these deeds. Except maybe throwing up on mom and then laughing about it. That happens which means babies are capable of laughing at others misery. That alone can support the notion that babies have mischievous and evil thoughts and a inherently evil nature like all humans.

"We have free choice." Says pro. I'm going to add that we have free will to choose to be evil or good. That means those who choose to be evil or do evil or bad deeds do it on purpose and choose to do so. That establishes intent for evil and since many humans choose to be evil that means all humans are not good. Thus this point fails.

Humans murder children, cast death spells on others, abuse family members, steal food and resources from the poor, make others suffer in the name of greed, kill in the hope of temporary peace torture and kill for pleasure etc...... not all humans are good.

The last contention of pro states, "people don't think before they act." The fact that people or babies may not think before they do ebil things means the action is organic and a true intent of the heart. Once again this establishes evil intent. This is similar to when a drunk says mean things about a friend. It is when a person is drunk and doesn't think before they speak do we learn what they truly think . As we can see there is no way all humans are good.

the contentions of pro have been eliminated thus con should win this debate.

openminded7

Pro

openminded7 forfeited this round.
frozen_eclipse

Con

frozen_eclipse forfeited this round.
openminded7

Pro

openminded7 forfeited this round.
frozen_eclipse

Con

frozen_eclipse forfeited this round.