shakeema-justice.com
looneytunes28

people of 65+ should be not be allowed to drive

shakeema-justice.com

Pro

I don't believe that people of the age 65+ should be allowed to drive. seeing as they aren't even allowed to work legally anymore so then why should they be able to drive on the road of people of such a younger age. if they are incapable of working amongst other people how do we know that they can operate a full size vehicle. if they are going to be allowed to drive they should go through a special test before they legally can. other than that. THEY SHOULD BE BANNED FROM THE ROAD!
looneytunes28

Con

People of the age 65+ have probably had more experience than young teens. Scientific studies have shown that the pre frontal cortex doesn't fully develop until the age of 21. This part of the brain is crucial to making big decisions. How can a teen make logical driving decisions if their brain is not fully developed? Most 60 year olds aren't stupid, blind, or deaf. So being 60 years old won't make them any more of a lousy driver than a teen.
shakeema-justice.com

Pro

rebutle 1: the argument isn't about whether young teens should be allowed on the road it has to do with people over the age of 65.
rebutle 2: I am not saying that 60 year olds are any of those things. there Is a reason why the government made it illegal for people over the age of 65 to not work anymore. and it has to with their capabilities. I don't believe that they have all the capabilities that they did when they were of younger age.
Research on age-related driving concerns has shown that at around the age of 65 drivers face an increased risk of being involved in a vehicle crash. After the age of 75, the risk of driver fatality increases sharply, because older drivers are more vulnerable to both crash-related injury and death. Three behavioral factors in particular may contribute to these statistics: poor judgement in making left-hand turns; drifting within the traffic lane; and decreased ability to change behavior in response to an unexpected or rapidly changing situation.
looneytunes28

Con

looneytunes28 forfeited this round.
shakeema-justice.com

Pro

shakeema-justice.com forfeited this round.
looneytunes28

Con

looneytunes28 forfeited this round.
Posted by TheodoretheMan 2 years ago
TheodoretheMan
My 95 yr old grandfather drives. WELL. One size does NOT fit all. Some 65 yr olds have Alzheimer's and can't find their bed. Some 65 yr olds and older are some if the smartest people in the world, (Richard Dawkins. He drives.) "there Is a reason why the government made it illegal for people over the age of 65 to not work anymore. and it has to with their capabilities." The government also dropped a bomb on an innocent country (many times), made abortion (the act of killing innocent babies int the womb), etc, etc, the list goes on.
Posted by FreedomBeforeEquality 2 years ago
FreedomBeforeEquality
Driving should be exclusive to workers. Those 65 year olds paid for that right already. Everyone under 65 is working towards having made an equal contribution. Until then, they are just borrowing from the hard work of everyone before them.
Posted by shakeema-justice.com 2 years ago
shakeema-justice.com
This law stands in the Canadian legal system
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
As a contractor at 66 I can still work 12 hour days.And not strain myself. If I were to retire, I would still do this as a hobby. I like it so much.
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
What country are you from that people are not allowed to work past 65?
Posted by Atmas 2 years ago
Atmas
This type of issue can be solved by having the person wanting to renew their license to retake the driving test. If they fail, they don't get a license.