Philosophy Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Resolved: Just governments ought to ensure food security for their citizens.

Zaradi

The debate isResolved: Just governments ought to ensure food security for their citizens.This is intended to be an LD debate. It will be structured to be as close to LD format as reasonably possible. If you are not familiar with LD debate or don't know what LD debate is, please refrain from accepting. The round structure will look something like this:Round One: AcceptanceRound Two: Aff's Case, Neg's Case + rebuttalsRound Three: Aff rebuttals,...

Challenge Period
2 Comments
Updated 9 Hours Ago

Should we put down animals?

CocoJones
MyDonutIsShapedLikeAButt

Animals should not be put down, it is too GAURI...

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Hitler Was a Sensitive Man

AsslessChapsy
lexigomez

Hitler was a sensitive man. He went to art school when he was younger. He wanted to be a painter. Hitler was a vegetarian. He was also a non-smoker He Hired gay and handicapped officers. He was concerned about overpopulation. If Hitler was alive today, he'd listen to the Cure, the Smiths, and Depeche Mode. Hitler also loved his mother very much....

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 22 Hours Ago

People are predisposed to be followers by nature.

a-little-in-the-middle
thenewkid

Hello! I am new to debating on this website and have been reading through many fantastic debates. This particular topic is one I have been intrigued to debate. There are many opinions out there that humans by nature were born to lead. I am on the contending end as I believe that we as individuals are predisposed to be followers. My opponent should be arguing the contrary. I am not choosy about how my debates are conducted....all I ask for is.... a) Please allow round one to be for acc...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 8 Hours Ago

Anarchism (Pro) vs. Fascism (Con)

Liberals
Gahere

If anyone accepts this debate, please give me a reason....

Debating Period
6 Comments
Updated 24 Minutes Ago

is it better to be loved or feared when ruling

y890
Pase66

i am loved and you are feared...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

y890
Pase66

someone join me please...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Do we have free will?

TessElena
YoshiBoy13

We've probably all seen the comic of a dinosaur that said, " if atoms and particles all behave in probabilistic ways, but our mind is made of atoms and particles, how can free will exist?" My debate is inspired by that. This debate is opened to anyone interested. I will let my opponent begin....

Debating Period
12 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Atheism lowers morality

heyyouguys
Nick11

An Inconvenient Dining Proposal Why can't we eat young primate flesh? I remember reading a modest proposal from long ago about eating young animals that had passed away due to a famine in Ireland. I know we eat young animals as fine delicacies. One that sounds fantastically exotic is to boil a young goat in her mother's milk. Why can't we do that with primates? There are literally thousands of primate fetus carcasses burned away each year. If we just cool the incinerator a little, and reduce...

Voting Period
2 Comments
Updated 4 Days Ago

Resolved: Everything is Debatable

TheJuniorVarsityNovice
Zaradi

This should be impossible to accept, if anyone somehow does you forfeit the round. I dont know, let's see where this one goes. BOP is shared.comment if you want to play DEFINITIONS: they're debatable...

Debating Period
22 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago