Philosophy Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

It doesn't matter whether a society is morally right

inaudita

First round is acceptance and definitions....

Challenge Period
2 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago

Free Will Is Quite Illusory

EchoboostX4
Aerogant

This is a no-holds-barred debate on the contention that "Free Will Is Quite Illusory". The public shall vote accordingly. If voters are biased/not voting seriously, please do not go through with the vote. Only the most impartial of judgments are accepted. Please cast your votes with utmost fairness. The opposing side may cuss/curse all he/she wants in any manner. He/she may use such terms in either a derogatory or colloquial way. I will not take insults personally. Thi...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 6 Hours Ago

Male Evolution Versus Female Evolution (I believe Female Evolution needs more attention).

Aerogant

Back in the stone age, the primitive side of the brain was influencing the people over the practical side of the brain. The males created wars, excuses, power and control to get what they wanted, while the females, being biologically structured to be loved, not understood, had to be loved in a terrible sense of the word by the ruling of men. As civilization reached its peak of blood and death, people slowly started waking up to a more advanced way of controlling people without blood baths - the...

Challenge Period
3 Comments
Updated 7 Hours Ago

Meat eaters

Tommy.leadbetter
birdlandmemories

Those who eat meat must be either more ignorant or more selfish and unkind than vegans....

Debating Period
7 Comments
Updated 10 Hours Ago

Should we start developping Bioroids?

tahir.imanov
Mister_Man

Definition :Bioroid - genetically engineered humans that are superior in overall biology, intelligence, and physical capabilities.First round for acceptance....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 18 Hours Ago

Naturalism provides a sound basis for morals

Hariex
creationtruth

In this debate I will be advocating a naturalitic account for the origin of morality. My opponent should either posit that naturalism can not provide a sound basis or posit a supernatural origin. Structure:R1) AcceptanceR2) First argumentR3) RebuttalsR4) Rebuttals ...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 18 Hours Ago

Gen Z will lead the world in the wrong direction.

CountCheechula
elixir

First, thanks Thought of this debate in my head and thought it would be quite amusing. First round is acceptance (FRA) I will be Con because I truly I am a Pro. Devils Advocate some say. I am super interested in this topic and will be glad to debate anyone. Again, thanks....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 6 Hours Ago

"unlimited paradox" - an ever present unlimited force does not exist

dairygirl4u2c
Aerogant

note that i am taking the con position in this debate. i usually take the pro position. i changed my stance and want someone to argue the opposite. this is what i am negating: 000000000000 "unlimited paradox" - an ever present unlimited force does not exist can the unlimited limit itself? if not, it is not unlimited. if so, it is not unlimited. thus, we can see by probing a few questions about what it means to be unlimited, that it does not really exist, at least in terms of being e...

Voting Period
2 Comments
Updated 11 Hours Ago

Slavery and racism (Jim Crow) are different types of ills

Adam2
jackh4mm3r

This is a response to who for some weird reason believe that since the Northern states ended slavery first, they must be free of open and violent racism. For instance, Britain might have ended slavery but did that stop them from violating black people's rights and conquering other lands (during the age of imperialism)? No. Just because one doesn't believe in slavery doesn't mean they like another race. Britain has a reputation for being racist, even in the post-slavery era. It had a reputat...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 14 Hours Ago

eating meat is not inherently immoral

linate
ldow2000

eating meat is not inherently immoral our bodies are designed to eat meat. that is proven by the fact that we eat both meat and plants. and, our canine teeth shows that we are designed to eat meat. as long as considerations are given to how the meat was created, such as inhumane conditions of livestock being bad meat to eat. especially if you grow your own meat, it is not participating in a corrupt meat market. regardless of the corrupt meat market though, eating meat is not inherently imm...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 12 Hours Ago