Philosophy Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

God Most Likely Exists

Epica
thedude99

This is a debate between me and whoever accepts first. I will be arguing that God most likely doesn't exist. God: the creator and ruler of the universe and source of all moral authority; the supreme being. You may start in the first round. Format will then be simple presentation, then refutation. For an equal number of rounds, Pro must leave their last round blank....

Debating Period
5 Comments
Updated 11 Hours Ago

This crimescene would state: Illegal immigatation will likely cause america to explode

Jedi4
thedude99

Wassssup my glib-glops! After spending time in murica I see lots of cool things. Hot valley girls, ugly valley girls, hot southern girls, ugly southern girls, burgers, guns, baseball, american hop-hip, guns, Mcdonalds, but mostly i saw mexicans. I think america should raise up a 700 foot wall of ice to keep them out because if they dont america will likely explode!...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 11 Hours Ago

Acts of Commission and Acts of Omission are morally equivalent

Romanii

Finding a way to accept this debate without permission will result in an automatic loss. Please apply to accept in comments. First round for acceptance, burden of proof is shared, etc etc etc.For reference: Act of Commission - directly inflicting suffering upon someone (e.g. punching someone in the face for no reason)

Challenge Period
8 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Do or Do Not there is no try. Do you Agree?

MyOpinionIsFact
robertacollier

If you do then you either do or do not. So try doesn't exist. Either you fail or you don't. Or you did or you didn't. If you did but didn't finish then technically you didn't do it. so there is no try....

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Is nature worth more attention than technology

Tiny_beautiful_nature
Sarra

Should people focus more on nature than on technology, by which I mean machines that were invented after the industrial revolution....

Debating Period
5 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

A beggar is smarter than a person with PHD

Tiny_beautiful_nature
PurpleSloth

A beggar, by which i mean an uneducated man will always be smarter than a highly educated person....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 8 Hours Ago

Abortion

a_janis1
Ariesx

consider abortion to be one of the most important issues facing our world today. The reason being is because abortion either is the legalized killing of innocent human beings or abortion is not the killing of a human being. There is no in-between. I will stand against abortion in every case with one exception. That one exception is when the mother is guaranteed to die during child birth or if both the fetus and the mother will die during child birth. I argue that abortion is the killing of an...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

There is no such thing as a bad or good person in the moral sense.

Tough
Kevinsan007

Three rounds of debating. First round solely for creation (on my part) and acceptance on Con's.In this debate, "Good" means morally correct and "Bad" means morally incorrect. The moral system at play is not clear as I believe this to be true for all moral systems of ethical reasoning.My outlook is that good and bad are applicable either to the actions or the motives of the actions of people that themselves are morally neutral and are merely catalysts in the moral equ...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 11 Hours Ago

Islam Is Not Atheism

masterdrave
Max.Wallace

Hello Max.Wallace, I viewed your profile and would be very interested in debating this essential issue with you. I await your acceptance, and good luck!...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

the tipping system is not good

dairygirl4u2c
Basketball126

many of the workers make less than minimum wage and often have to make up the difference with tips. it is better that the boss pay a decent wage to begin with. people pay for the food and service by patronizing the restaurant, they shouldn't feel they need to pay more by tipping. ...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago