Philosophy Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

The Mechanics of Reality and the Numinous (God/spirituality/supernatural)

boozeandbabble
fred70

You may use a thousand words for a single lie, but the truth has no twin.-----Michael Bassey Johnson. What rationale can discern that the truth has no twin? Reality is as hard as nails.----C.S. Lewis It doesn't give two pence about our ideologies, sentiments, interpretations, and religious notions. Our propaganda means nothing to reality. From the wittiest philosopher to the tiniest gnat, everything has been subjugated by it. Every organism experiences reality from a different vantage poin...

Voting Period
3 Comments
Updated 8 Hours Ago

no be dumshit I make God real for you I help

fred70
TheRealSpassky101

You no like god I help. You say no god I help for you.Put question for me I take and make you know it.God make world in many things and god is put them to do for him. God boss for them. God say no do this. No do it.God say do this for always you do it.Sky is put for bird and bird know this.You say no God is for world I say you dumshit.No be the dumshit no more. I help for you. ...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 9 Hours Ago

How do atheists rationally know truth from fiction?

ViceRegent
DrRisen

Atheists love to live under the delusion that they are the guardians of rationality. But how can they hold this title when they cannot even articulate a rational way to know truth from fiction. If they cannot do this, they are literally ignorant and the ignorant cannot guard anything. So, what atheist can give me a rational way atheists know truth from fiction? Answering this question is the sole purpose for this debate. If you are unable or unwilling to answer this question, do not respond t...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 18 Hours Ago

Train track descion

YoyoBobo
Draebator

So let's say that you have come across a lever, this lever decides which way a train goes. The train is heading for 5 people, but if you were to change the direction it would only hit one. So you are left with two descions. Either let 5 people die, or murder 1 to save 4 more people. I would pull the lever to save more lives....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 4 Hours Ago

if no god in sky what put the ground here

fred70
boozeandbabble

I say god put ground no ground no peoples how no god do this...

Voting Period
3 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

No put the knife in the neck no dead no sad

fred70
NMH

If man sad no make it dead. a man sad he take knife in neck make life no more for him. I say no do this thing a no good....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

My opinions are more important, accurate, and meaningful, than your opinions

fred70
imjustsomeopinion

At any particular moment, during any situation, my opinion is more accurate and important than yours. I have the mind of Christ, 1 Corinthians 2:16, and based on that most holy, noble, and eternal intellect, I know that I speak the truth, Romans 9:1....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 8 Hours Ago

All opinions ought to be heard and understood, no matter how much you dislike them.

ChargingBadger
BrendanD19

Three rounds. First is for making your argument, no rebuttals. Second is for rebuttals. Third is for conclusions. I will be arguing for the giving credit to all opinions, no matter how disgusting, prejudiced, or fallacious you may think they are. My opponent will be arguing that some opinions do not deserve credence. I am of the personal belief that even an argument you find morally or logically atrocious deserves credence. Even opinions that are threatening to other parties deserve to be...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Humankind is not worthy live on earth

313233qwe123
JoeYYC

First round is just commentary I accept bla bla bla etc You may add new assertions/claims on round 2,3 no new claims last round...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

ViceRegent
boozeandbabble

Debating Period
6 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago