Philosophy Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Should fish be forced to breath air instead of water in the future, if they are to live?

zebrafashionista
firefish12

I believe it to be unfair for fish to be forced to breath air. My argument comes from the fact that some fish do, already, breath air and so some people want the others to follow. This is morally incorrect because humans and fish and both animals so we are equals, therefore it is no place to force them to do anything in this manner. The other fish evolved this way, but the others didn't so we shouldn't go around killing the ones we see as unfit, for that is what natural selection is designed to...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 10 Hours Ago

God Glorifies Himself Through The Everlasting Damnation of Sinners (devils and mankind) in Hell.

LifeMeansGodIsGood

You can argue "there is no God, therefore I win this debate", but that's a cop-out. This debate is about the logical reason for Hell and the logical reason that people are left there forever paying for their sin. If you take this challenge, please argue the Con postion as "Hell is not fair, and God is not good if He leaves people to burn there" or something along those lines. I'm trying to keep this simple. If you waste this debate by saying nothing more...

Challenge Period
11 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

The Power of words and its effects

CONNYBOY
KevinLomaxESQ

Based on foundational teachings and beliefs within the religious mindset and a few secular mind, it is adapted and believed that the power of life and death lies within the tongue. We all know that based on how an argument, statement or just about any vocal/ audible means of communication has an influential or intimidating effect on its audience weather direct or in directly. It has an effect on an individual consciously or subconsciously that will cause that individual to react to that media tr...

Debating Period
11 Comments
Updated 12 Hours Ago

Your Existence is Justified By Burning in Hell Forever, if Not By the Blood of Jesus Christ

LifeMeansGodIsGood
Commondebator

Many people say that their existence is God's fault, so they are think they are justified no matter what they have done, do, or will do. Because God caused them to come into existence He has no right to punish them for being the imperfect creatures they were born as. They are wrong. God proved His right to punish them by becoming a man like them and paying their penalty in death. Because He is God and had no sin of His own to pay for, death could not hold Him. He shed his blood so that He c...

Voting Period
3 Comments
Updated 10 Hours Ago

Abortion is Wrong

rugbypro5
Alduin

I am taking the stance that abortion is wrong in all cases except when the mother's life is endangered. Thank you Con and let's have a good debate....

Voting Period
14 Comments
Updated 9 Hours Ago

Are candlesticks safe to jump over?

firefish12
kroshka12

This simply an acceptance round to get your feelings through to one another. I accept. Me and kroshka have returned and hopefully its for good. Thanks for all the support we had on our should Unicorns Be Able to Farm debate and if you haven't heard of it check it out here: http://www.debate.org/debates/Should-unicorns-be-able-to-farm/1/...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 8 Hours Ago

Objective Moral Judgements can be made in Moral Nihilism

Envisage

*Leave a message if you want to accept this debate*Details:I have been thinking for a while how to word this resolution, which is my own position in terms of moral philosophy. I am a Nihilist, and I think it's a rational starting position for making moral judgements. For example, I will make the claim the holocaust was wrong, and I make that as an intended objective statement. The BoP is on me to demons...

Challenge Period
14 Comments
Updated 4 Days Ago

Racism Is Natural and Has Evolutionary Origins

philosurfer

Racism Is Natural and Has Evolutionary Origins DISCLAIMER : This debate will NOT endorse inequality, ethnic privilege, racial hate or bigotry or disenfranchisement. This debate is intended to debate the origins of racism. Hate will not be tolerated. This debate is not intended to offend anyone but designed to be an academic debate. Overview: In this debate I shall distinguish Racism from hate. I shall argue that Hate and racism are not the same and that racism has natural origins....

Challenge Period
80 Comments
Updated 4 Days Ago

No such thing as good an evil but all is controlled by perception of temporal cause and effect

Cgwam
Ajabi

I'd like to debate the essence of good and evil and it's potential non-existence as an independent entity. I argue that good is not a constant and can not exist as a solo entity. I like to debate with a con who can prove me wrong that good is indeed it's on constant and can stand as an independent factor . What is good can only be determined by what is bad and likewise what's bad can only be determined by what is good. Hence when we say what is good we in essence can say what is not bad( wh...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Strong Atheism is a Sound Position

Envisage
daley

*Leave a message if you want to accept this debate*Details:I am rehashing my previous 'God Most Likely Doesn't Exist' debate with a cleaner resolution more in line with my own personal position. The BoP is on me to demonstrate the resolution is true. My opponent may either rebut my arguments (so I fail to meet my BoP), or provide stronger...

Debating Period
13 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago