Philosophy Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Your future self is a clone of you.

djlad
JustinPatrickShurie

There is nothing that distinguishes a clone of you from your future self. I do not share my future experiences with my future self the same way a clone would. (ie: if i hurt my future self I do not feel it now. This works in reverse presuming that the damage is repaired immediately) The cells of my future self may be completely different in the same way a clone is. One might say that I will experience my future self's experiences. How would you know if your future self isnt just a copy...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 3 Hours Ago

Why is a Raven Like a Writing Desk?

Pest

Why is a raven like a writing desk? My answer: Relativity. But I am pro: Writing Desk....

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 5 Hours Ago

How do atheists rationally know truth from fiction?

ViceRegent
Iacov

IF YOU ARE UNABLE OR UNWILLING TO READ THIS WHOLE POST AND THEN RESPOND TO THE SINGLE QUESTION IT ASKS, GO AWAY. I FIND IT HILARIOUS THAT THESE ATHEISTS KEEP VOMITING WORDS AND YET NOT ONE HAS ANSWERED MY Q. Atheists love to live under the delusion that they are the guardians of rationality. But how can they hold this title when they cannot even articulate a rational way to know truth from fiction. If they cannot do this, they are literally ignorant and the ignorant cannot guard anything. SO,...

Debating Period
11 Comments
Updated 4 Days Ago

ViceRegent
Iacov

Voting Period
5 Comments
Updated 4 Days Ago

Public Displays of Affection are Immoral

ShabShoral
SolonKR

Standard rules. Also, the title really has "affection" as "affexion". ...

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

The Existence of Beauty

B_Brutal
Luimm

Beauty doesn't exist, it has simply been altered too much from an original form and lost it's meaning, redefinition of beauty makes it a defined term rendering it void of any true existence. The only way for beauty to exist is linguistically or through opinion. However, since linguistically society has changed the definition through time we can never accomplish true beauty. Furthermore, being a matter of opinion and having opinions vary it cannot exist in a singular state from person to person....

1 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago

Free will is an incoherent concept.

3RU7AL
B_Brutal

Free will is incompatible with determinism. Free will is incompatible with indeterminism. No clever mix of determinism and indeterminism solve either incompatibility. Therefore, free will is an incoherent concept....

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago

I am the sexiest lesbian on Debate.org.

HAwoman
SirBadgerLock

In this debate I shall lay out my case for me being the sexiest lesbian on the website 'Debate.org'.My opponent will oppose me and offer evidence to refute my claim that I am the sexiest lesbian on debate.org. ...

Voting Period
13 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago

ViceRegent
Capitalistslave

Voting Period
7 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago

ViceRegent
Dirty-Morgs

Debating Period
5 Comments
Updated 5 Days Ago