Philosophy Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Is diversity a proper objective

Lookingatissues

....Diversity ,in my opinion is just a method of diversion from the real objectives of Statism...... which is, in the end, to control every facet of people's lives. The elite, both of the leftist intelligentsia at universities and the political Elite use the subterfuge provided by their skills with semantics to advance their real goals of domination over the citizens lives. No avenue that might further the statist's objectives of complete domination by government bureaucrats is overlooked fro...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 3 Hours Ago

An afterlife exists.

n7

Post in the comments if you want to accept. Definitions: Afterlife: "The realm... in which an essential part of an individual's identity or consciousness continues to exist after the death of the body (brain death, after complete nonfunctional activity of the brain ) in the individual's lifetime." Exists: "have objective reality or being." Debate format: R1: Acceptance R2: My opening arguments followed by Con's opening arguments (No rebuttals by Con) R3: Rebuttals to opening argume...

Challenge Period
8 Comments
Updated 12 Hours Ago

Resolved: The Poverty of the Stimulus Argument is sound.

Diqiucun_Cunmin

Note: This debate should be impossible to accept. If you find a clever way to work around the rules, you automatically forfeit all seven points. If you would like to debate, please say so in the comments after reading this opening round.I do not plan to start this for a week or so, and I'll start it once I've finished something else on a different site (no, I'm not going to tell you what it is). I've created the debate early because I know there won't be too many de...

Challenge Period
4 Comments
Updated 16 Hours Ago

The Plantingan Modal Ontological Argument Is Sound

tejretics

NOTE: I have made this debate impossible to accept. If you want to accept, apply in the comments. If you find a way to accept without my permission, you forfeit all 7 points.Full ResolutionThe Plantingan modal ontological argument is sound.BoP is shared.

Challenge Period
5 Comments
Updated 17 Hours Ago

God Exists

tejretics

NOTE: I have made this debate impossible to accept. If you wish to debate me in the debate, apply in the comments section. If you find a way to accept this debate without my permission, you immediately forfeit the 7 points. Full ResolutionGod likely exists.BoP is shared. Definition...

Challenge Period
3 Comments
Updated 17 Hours Ago

Racists. Those that identify themselves as a Race.

Max.Wallace
KVDebates

Just the truth, nothing but the truth. Ahuman, or Amen, however you pronounce it. Sorry to piss of the feminists, but they are the species man also. First round is your first argument against this con. Beware....

Debating Period
10 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Utilitarianism Is the most viable system of ethics.

KVDebates
Ariesx

Salutations fellow debaters, in this debate I wish to argue that utilitarianism is the most viable system of ethics. The con side in his first round shall assert an opposing system he wishes to defend and accept.Structure: Round one: State position/...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 5 Hours Ago

The United States of America should introduce an amendment constituting privacy as a right.

TinyBudha

With the PATRIOT Act set to be revised just a few days from now, and with the NSA scandal still luming over-head many wonder what should be done. Many advocate formally expressing privacy as a right in the constitution. I am against this for a few simple reasons but would love to hear good arguments on why you are right and I am wrong. The debate is not acceptable at this time so if you want to debate me I will respond to you in...

Challenge Period
8 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

There is no such thing as an absolute right and wrong when speaking in terms of morality.

1Mustadio1
tschuk

I will be arguing for the Idea that right and wrong is a product of personal believe and that there is no "universal truth" that actually exists behind the concepts , thus I am pro. Con will be arguing the opposite. That right and wrong is a real tangible thing that is recognized as opposed to produced. First Round: Con may present An argument. Second round: I will present an argument and a rebuttal. Con will do the same. Third round: I will present an argument and a rebuttal. Con will p...

Debating Period
7 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Resolved: On Balance, Gay Marriage is Good

kingkd
Emma.Leah3

Acceptance only in Round 1. No trolling. Drops = Concessions good:to be desired or approved of gay: homosexual...

Voting Period
1 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago