Philosophy Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

if you dont have kids, you don't have a use.

Makaveli83
Berend

The meaning of life in it's simplest terms is to procreate. On this basis if you do not make life you have no meaning. Your of no benefit to mankind. Living and life are two separate things. By living you can have meaning through others. As mankind's survival is based on making new life if you do not have children then you are of no use....

Debating Period
5 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago

No opinion, rather not say.

Max.Wallace
mentalist

Debaters with a majority of these self described characteristics left blank should be BANNED. They are the real trolls. Hiding under the bridge called DDO. First round is for acceptance....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 21 Hours Ago

Genocide is usually moral

Jedi4

Muh genocideThe future isn't certian, someones life needs to come to an End. I think genocide on balance is usually moral on a net basis. Put one in the comments to accept this deb8.*Puts fingers to mouth and kisses* beutiful genocide!...

Challenge Period
6 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

The first ultimate question is "How can we improve the human mind?"

Nabukadnezar
Wylted

I define "ultimate question" as being the most urgent question humankind could answer in contemporary times. I advocate that the current ultimate question is "How can we improve the human mind?", simply because solving this puzzle would result in us becoming capable of answering the next ultimate questions faster. I realize that such questions can be split further into smaller tasks. A pertinent example would be: "How can we acquire knowledge faster?". In order to avoid this "bureaucracy", I...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Happiness is a right.

YeshuaIsTheOneTrueGod
Defro

We hold these truths to be self evident that all men are created equal and endowed by thetheir Creator with certain unalienable rights such as life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 6 Hours Ago

Pyramids

Max.Wallace
Burls

No more worthless a structure was ever built. Jesus knew it and the Globalist Elite killed him. That is what the elite does. Build big things and pat themselves on the back, that is what the human political leaders do. First round for acceptance....

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 3 Hours Ago

Calling out trolls

Max.Wallace
Alpha3141

Calling out trolls exposes you as intolerant and elitist. You do not wish to argue as you suppose yourself to be superior in every way, at least with a keyboard, or on the podium of political correctness. Bring it! First round is for acceptance....

Debating Period
5 Comments
Updated 3 Hours Ago

Should morality apply to everyone, regardless of who you are?

Victor_Finngall
Balacafa

If stealing, threats of force, murder, torture, abduction and slavery is immoral for the average person, shouldn't it also be immoral for government (which is made up of people)? If not, what is morality then, and why should we be moral?...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

The Social Contract and Moral Obligations

bsh1

PrefaceIt's been a sizeable amount of time since I last debated, and I really want to get back into it, esp. now that the campaign is over and things are settling down. This is one of two challenges I am issuing, and I think it should afford some interesting discussion. I find the topic to be cool, somewhat of a departure from a lot of the common topics used on DDO, and I think it will provide an basis for an engaging discourse! To accept, you must h...

Challenge Period
5 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

people have as much right to switch race as they do to switch gender

dairygirl4u2c
Duncan

the woman in the news recently who said she was black even though she grew up white, got a lot of flak for it. yet, bruce jenner only got high marks for switching to female. to be sure, skin color is just skin, whereas sex is determiend by DNA. they might have even more of a right to switch race. im lookin to debate someone who thinks gender changing is okay, but not race changing...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago