Philosophy Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Resolved: Abortion ought to be preserved as a medical practice worldwide

LDBen

Resolved: Abortion ought to be preserved as a medical practice worldwide I will argue against this resolution and the opponent will argue for it. May the best debater win! -LDBen P.S. You can post your first argument below. DO NOT post an acceptance message. Simply offer your arguments. P.S.S. Please do not go off on a 10,000 character tangent with no stated arguments. It would make it easier for me and the judges to read you debate. I.E. 1. XXXX 2. XXXXX NOT 1. XXXXXXXAUISHDJAS...

Challenge Period
1 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago

Abortion is morally wrong.

TylerLamb
somerandomvideocreator

Pro will argue that abortion is morally wrong in every circumstance. Con can either argue that abortion is never morally wrong, or that there are circumstances where abortion is not immoral. This debate is not about the legality or constitutionality of abortion, only its morality. All human life is valuable and no one is inherently superior to anyone else. Given that human life has value, killing a human is immoral. Logically, an abortion would be immoral if the fetus is a human life. I argue...

Debating Period
15 Comments
Updated 11 Hours Ago

God exists.

Ockham
linate

The resolution is that God exists. Pro will be arguing that God exists, while Con will be arguing that Pro has not established that God exists. By accepting this debate, Pro agrees that they have the burden of proof to establish that it is objectively more likely than not that God exists. The rules for assessing this are the standard rules of logic, including the rules of deductive and inductive inference. For example, a deductive argument must be deductively valid and have premises that we h...

Debating Period
10 Comments
Updated 11 Hours Ago

That the Existence of a Creator is More Logical

Raumulus
DrCereal

Salve DrCereal, I just read through your incomplete debate with Vinnie_Cross_Briet, and I was disappointed to see it end how it did. If you're up for it--which it seems you are, as you've issued three debate challenges on the existence of God--I'd like to offer my commentary on your previous debate, and pick up the conversation where you left it with Vinnie. RULES: In round one: I'd like to adjust the scope and definitions of the previous debate: DrCereal v. Vinnie_Cross_Briet, "A Cre...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

God Exists

DrCereal
Snuggle_Daddy

Resolution: A theistic god exists.StructureThe burden of proof will lie solely on Pro. Con will not be contending that a god does not exist...

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

God Exists

DrCereal
cooliobear

Resolution: A theistic god exists.StructureThe burden of proof will lie solely on Pro. Con will not be contending that a god does not exist, but he will act as a s...

Debating Period
6 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago

is possible to get tired of something you like

ghostninjas
somerandomvideocreator

there was a time i used to love training karate i ate karate and drank karate i slept karate training was my life then all the sudden i just got tried and as the days passed i practiced less and less did i really just never liked it or have i just gotten tried of it...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 4 Days Ago

Is Indian government making efforts to help poors become rich?

Prathmesh_Vishwakarma
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2

I don't think so because if we would have been doing this then it should have been done before de monetization and many other actions....

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 19 Hours Ago

Are we born with moral; gain through time; or not born with morals at all?why? Are Morals in DNA?

intenzfrost
Vongalaxy

First off, obviously there are exceptions to everything/anything, period; to close that argument, science is the pursue of truth. Temporary truth is best definition. - Whom ever wishes to leave an input please know of what your input consists of, childish rabbles based on your current knowledge will be challenged heavily here so I ask one prepare themselves beforehand. I will break down questions to simplify, or perhaps complicate, topic. So I ask, is Everyone Born with Morals;? if so.....?...

Debating Period
9 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Is it ethical to download ebooks that can be bought for free?

TheRealKhaled
Autumnal

Is it ethical to download copyrighted ebooks, that are available on amazon, google play or whatever and can be purchased, from torrent websites even if the version was original?...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 5 Days Ago