Philosophy Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Religion should be banned.

yejuneyoon
MonetaryOffset

First round is for acceptance. Please do NOT use any personal insults or swear words, and please write with only your knowledge and not use any websites. Thank you. Good luck!! -Pro team...

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 6 Hours Ago

The House Would not Allow any Donation to the poor

PaoPao
Ameliamk1

BOP in this debate consists ; PRO : 1. Prove why the poor should not receive donation 2. Prove why we should not Donate to the poor 3. Prove why this motion worth being Debate for CON : 1. Prove why the poor may receive donation 2. Prove why it's okay to donate to the poor 3. Prove why this motion worth being Debate for The First Round is Acceptance...

Debating Period
6 Comments
Updated 8 Hours Ago

We Cannot Create Artificial Intelligence via Computation Alone

n7
Philosophybro

I am challenging Philosophybro to this debate. I hope it will go well. Definitions: Artificial Intelligence (as defined by Searle): The claim that an "appropriately programmed computer with the right inputs and outputs would thereby have a mind in exactly the same sense human beings have minds." Computation: "process following a well-defined model understood and expressed as, for example, an algorithm, or a protocol." or to use Turing's definition of what a Turing machine does " Print "0...

Debating Period
21 Comments
Updated 6 Hours Ago

We are animals.

SnowyOxygen
user_name

I will be arguing for the following statement: "We are animals". By "we are animals" I mean both philosophically and scientifically.First round is for acceptance.Second and third round for debateFourth for conclusionsI wish my opponent good luck!...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Sanctity of life should matter more than quality of life.

user_name
davidlyhrocks

Highest respect to opponent, please understand that I challenge you out of the search for a good debate, not to antagonize. Thank you, user-name....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 19 Hours Ago

Must every effect have a cause?

Winged
DaDabater

1st round : acceptance 2nd round : presentation of arguments 3rd & 4th rounds : presentation of arguments & response to opponent's arguments 5th round: response to opponent's arguments (no new material) Outside of this no particular structure is required. Feel free to make your point in whatever way you see fit. Just keep it classy. ~Winged~...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Is it OK to be Gay

pickleman21
kurosakiichigo

I don't really mind it but don't do it in front of me. Lets see what you guys think....

Debating Period
6 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Walmart ad targets, is that you?

Max.Wallace
Man_Of_Few_Words

This is not really a debate. I am looking for all individuals target by Walmart pharmaceutical ads to unite here in the comments section and declare their distaste for tyranny of prescription. Welcome!...

Voting Period
20 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

The beginning of the universe! for fun!

AgnosticPanda
justiceandtruth

What if the big bang was a super black hole created by the dominant lifeforms that sucked in the whole of the universe and exploded causing the big bang and thus our current universe. If this premise is taken as truth for this debate, what sort of religious or philosophical beliefs are brought into question? Pro will explain the beliefs and I will ask more questions! Just for fun!...

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Should the capital punishment be abolished everywhere?

younglaw
AbandonedSpring

The first round is acceptance along with your first argument. I have researched immensely to propose my arguments and I will list some sources in the comments section later, all my facts are true and thought by many but the ultimate idea is my opinion. To create a solid argument I have researched on all aspects surrounding this topic, for example, religious views, political views and etc. You may be surprised by the amount of religions that support the capital punishment, christianity 'e...

Voting Period
2 Comments
Updated 23 Hours Ago