Philosophy Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

If there is no God then how did the universe come into 'existence'

Thiest_1998
awilkows

Hi I am looking for an opponent who can successfully answer this question, I would like to hope to have a very interesting discussion also I will answering the argument from a Christian point of view so I would expect an atheist to accept the debate. Regards...

Debating Period
5 Comments
Updated 15 Hours Ago

How do atheists rationally know truth from fiction?

ViceRegent
selena16

Atheists love to live under the delusion that they are the guardians of rationality. But how can they hold this title when they cannot even articulate a rational way to know truth from fiction. If they cannot do this, they are literally ignorant and the ignorant cannot guard anything. So, what atheist can give me a rational way atheists know truth from fiction? Answering this question is the sole purpose for this debate. If you are unable or unwilling to answer this question, do not respond...

Debating Period
11 Comments
Updated 10 Hours Ago

How accurate is historic evidence on war, if the story is told by the victor?

JustAnOpinion45
Sandali

One can only truly be allowed to believe in in either their own or someone else's opinion if they are not bias. To know whether or not something is true, it needs to be supported by evidence. Unfortunately many of our historic facts on war are told by the victor and there for it is told with the same view that they fought with. It becomes one sided and we fail to learn what the other side was fighting for. Most often when the other side does manage to tell their story it is ignored by the majori...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Feminism is good for society as a whole.

DanielSan247
Philipthestone

In this debate I will be arguing that feminism is morally good for society as a whole. Also I will be arguing that feminism modern feminism is not a bad idea. First round is acceptance....

Voting Period
1 Comments
Updated 22 Hours Ago

Communism is the only way

Rodney28
chenacious

Down with Mother Russia...

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago

All cartoons are good

chenacious
ehair6779

In this debate I, the Con, will be challenging ccehair6779, the Pro. The preferred format will be as the following: Acceptance-->Argument-->Rebuttal-->Defense...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

Everything is about perspectives

ManuelM

To learn facts or to understand facts? Humans, as individuals have different ways of understanding, of being. Every single thing, every idea, concept, ideal or even fact can change depending on the group of people or person which gets information. Nowadays, society detriments and recent events can be perseved differently depending on whom gets defined information. Things can be from a great magnitud such as the actual position of the U.S.A with the candidate for the presidency Donald Trump,...

Challenge Period
10 Comments
Updated 4 Days Ago

Why anime memes are superior compared to others

chenacious
ccerrillo4381

For this argument I'll be arguing for the superiority of Anime memes, the Con will argue against it. My opponent can either use ironic memes to combat my argument for the first round, or use the first round as acceptance. If he/she chooses to use first round for arguments, he/she will need to waive their last round I would like to follow the pattern of Acceptance--> Arguments --> Rebuttals --> Defense...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Materialism is the best way to pursue happiness

Ariesz

Round 1-Acceptance, Round 2-Cases, Round 3-Rebuttals, Round 4-Defense Materialism- a tendency to consider material possessions and physical comfort as more important than spiritual values. I will be arguing that materialism is the best way to achieve happiness. My opponent will argue that there are more negative effects of materialism than there are benefits. Comment if interested....

Challenge Period
7 Comments
Updated 4 Days Ago

gay marriage

penguins_rule
Ariesz

NONE OF THIS PART IS MINE PLEASE DO NOT SAY I PLAGERIZED I DID NOT THIS IS NOT MY WRITING NOT MY WRITING"If two men are in love, and want to declare their commitment, why should we keep them from marrying each other?" "If two gays want to be married, aren't they upholding the institution of marriage rather than weakening it?" "If a pair of homosexuals want to marry and provide a home for children who would otherwise be without a family, then how can that be wrong?" In our ongoing cul...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago