Philosophy Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Unborn children should be considered human life regardless of growth stage

godsend221

My position is that unborn chilren are human life regardless of growth stage in the mother's womb....

Challenge Period
3 Comments
Updated 53 Minutes Ago

is logic a subset of illogic

derogatory
creedhunt

First round acceptance. Definitions illogical 1.lacking sense or clear, sound reasoning. logic 1.reasoning conducted or assessed according to strict principles of validity. Sources: https://www.google.co.uk/#q=define+logic https://www.google.co.uk/#q=define+illogical...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 6 Hours Ago

The Scientific Method is the only way to gain Truth

Mhykiel
Ozzyhead

The Scientific Method is NOT the only way to gain truthful knowledge. My first example is Art. One can describe art as a process in which a subject is deconstructed and parts of the subject matter are given differing degrees of attention. Also in Art Sometimes a process in regards to one subject is then performed on another subject. This can lead a person to question a matter differently and ultimately come to a more reasonable or more truthful view of the subject. Because this is one alterna...

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

Semantics should be debated in theological disagreements

creedhunt
9lsyh2rDaeXXYpeGCOlb

Hello everybody. I am putting forth the idea that semantics should be debated during theological debates. First round: Acceptance only. Second: Main points and rebuttal Third: Additional points and rebuttals Fourth: Final rebuttals and conclusions I look forward to debating with you....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

When we buy tickets to a movie, we support the content of its message.

Kirknerk
braydendueck

Observe, if you will, that when one buys a ticket to a movie, one influences a string of causation threading backward from the cash register, to the bookkeeper, to management, to the theater"s CEO where is determined the fate of the cinematic production in question. From here, the string does not terminate. It continues its trek perhaps even to the hills of Hollywood where directors and producers must collaborate to make their art palatable to Main St. (average Joe) so that Wall St. (the CEO) an...

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Earth is the center of the universe.

chewster911
creedhunt

NOTE: THIS IS NOT A TROLL DEBATE,however you can get trapped and be in danger of losing the debate if you accept,so think. In this debate i will prove that the Earth is the center of the universe. Round 1: Acceptance In round 2 i will present the argument,and Con can just say that he/she is amazed :PP...

Voting Period
28 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Circles can be squares

creedhunt
AthenaMusic10

Hello everybody. The first round is acceptance, the second being contentions, the third being rebuttals, and the final round for finishing arguments and conclusions. You must accept the following definitions: Circle: A group of individuals who share a profession or interest. Square: a product of a number multiplied by oneself....

Voting Period
19 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

It is okay to debate using "false" definitions

Mhykiel
9spaceking

I've debated another member and I see them getting some heat for using a definition for Atheism that others disagree with. I think this is unfair to them. I take the pro position that if one begins a debate defining the terms this is acceptable. If the definition and assertion of the debate is circular that would make it non-debatable is being fallacious would be another argument. But it is acceptable to use the terms as defined. Con can begin arguing in first round. "False" definition bei...

Voting Period
9 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

The Law is Absolute

Jevinigh

Argument is over the absolution of Law. Pro will attempt to argue that under no circumstances is it right to act out side of the law-against the law. ( put differently) Pro will attempt to argue that no act of rebellion to the law in the United States is legitimate and only legal.oredly changes can be legitimate. Con (myself) is tasked with setting up an argument that an Act of rebellion, out side the law, against a law, can be justified logically and in a scenario...

Challenge Period
11 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago

The Entirety of Logic is Circular

creedhunt
Mhykiel

Good evening, Today I will be debating for the idea that all of logic is circular. I am very interested to hear my opponent's contentions. Definitions Logic: Reasoning conducted or assessed according to a strict code of validity Circular: Already containing am assumption of what is to be proved, and therefore fallacious...

Voting Period
39 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago