Philosophy Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

The idea that a human can act outside personal Interest is a delusion

angryduck
Beginner

We accommodate our morality to move with the vagaries of circumstance. The Idea that morals are constant are delusional. We make sense by pretending we are somehow good when in fact like any other animal we react to anything not unlike a slug might recoil against sunlight....

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 13 Hours Ago

It is impossible for God to not exist!

Imperfiect
Envisage

How can god not exist? It is like if you say that a baker ceases to do baking business!God is the wheeler dealer of existence, no way would he have succeeded in this trade if he didn't poof himself into existence!

Debating Period
20 Comments
Updated 13 Hours Ago

Evil does not exist.

JayConar
TryingToBeOpenMinded

I am arguing that evil does not exist, it is up to you to argue otherwise. Round one is acceptance only, whilst round four is conclusions....

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 12 Hours Ago

Immanuel Kant was more important than ______ in the development of philosophy

phantom

100th debate! This debate should be impossible to accept. Introduction and Clarifications Credit to SocialPinko for the idea. We had a similar debate a while back and I...

Challenge Period
40 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Transcendentalism

Atheist-Independent

I'm just looking for a quick little debate here, just so that I can get some outside perspective on the matter. The premise of this debate will be Transcendentalism is a sound philosophy that can be practiced in real life and can improve a persons quality of life. I will take the Con side of the premise, while my opponent must prove the Pro side. The definition of transcendentalism is: an idealistic philosophical and social movement that developed in New E...

Challenge Period
14 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

I don't care if I'm right or wrong I want the State to protect my Interests.

angryduck
stwadsworth27

I pay my tax . I fund the army that protects my family . I don't pretend , like some , that I can know everything. The Human rights of others are Important but are secondary to my own. What I'm saying is that humans are deluded if they pretend otherwise....

Voting Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

God is real

Godisreal21
AJosten

God is real...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 11 Hours Ago

"Fresh" (Samuel L Jackson) should have been NC-17, not R

Adam2isback
Jellyfysh624

I believe context is what matters here. There was a lot of content that was too harsh for just even a hard R rating. One of them involves innocent kids in senseless shootings, all because jealousy is provoked, when the kids mostly never did anything. The urban violence in this movie is extremely intense. There is one violent scene that is extremely and viciously disturbing. Add to that the intense use of drugs and the graphic depiction of, all people, a 12-year-old selling drugs. You a...

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 9 Hours Ago

The gumball luminaire lights in NY streets under els should not be replaced

Adam2isback

I am not suggesting that it should not have LED lighting, but rather that the actual luminaire itself not be replaced. A lot of the removal is outright politics who either have something against oldies or want something more to their liking at the expense of people living along the avenue.When these lights were made in the 80s and 90s along New York's streets that went under the els,...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

The Parental Advisory label is unnecessary and repressive

Adam2isback
focuswall

I will argue for the case. I believe the parental advisory label is outright unnecessary, the reason being that before this advisory came, there were already adult-oriented shops with explicit albums and adult stickers. I think it's an unfair pressure on companies started because Tipper Gore wanted to ban music that wasn't to her liking....

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago