Philosophy Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Don't believe everything you see / experience / remember.

Lonnix
kyleniel

The real, is a realm of Love. But illusions are everywhere hiding it. We will return to the real realm of Love once again. As we part from it rarely and not for long. We always return. In our hearts we know what's real and what's true. Bad times make you appreciate the Good more I suppose. We need to see the fake to keep us strong....

Voting Period
1 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago

Hedonism is morally correct.

Redbluegreen
Negotiate

I do not neccesarily believe in this, but i want to see if i can argue it well. When i say hedonism i am talking about any and all forms of hedonism ( except obviously anti-hedonism as that is just the opposite of hedonism). And when i say morally correct i mean that the practice of hedonism is ethical and to go against the beliefs of hedonism is unethical. I expect my opponent to argue that hedonism is morally wrong and to follow the philosophy is unethical. I dont know how this is gunna go but...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

You cannot be sure that anything exists outside of your own consciousness

BertrandsTeapot
jackgilbert

Very interesting topic...curious to hear your thoughts....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 5 Days Ago

Free will is an illusion

BertrandsTeapot
Smooosh

Looking forward to a great debate!...

Voting Period
4 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Free will is an illusion

BertrandsTeapot
bacchicfrenzy

Free will is merely an illusion. I understand that this is disturbing to many and will cause a visceral, adversarial reaction in some. It is disturbing for people to be told that they are not, have never been, and will never be in control of the wants that arise in consciousness and therefore the consequent actions. I blame no one for succumbing to the illusion of free will - the feeling that i...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 4 Days Ago

Objective rationality is a myth

26hungb
TheUnexaminedLife

Rationality def: the quality of being based on or in accordance with reason or logic. My argument is based on the fact that humans behave according to perceptions, with perceptions being the information and senses that are available to a person. Premise 1: Perceptions can never be objective or factual. No one is capable of omnipotence. Premise 2: Human behaviours and decision-making is based off of perceptions. Inference 1: Human decision making can never be rational or logical in an...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 6 Days Ago

One.

Sonofcharl
RMTheSupreme

There is only ever 1. It is impossible for there to be more or less than 1. There can be nothing, but we cannot achieve 0. If we could achieve 0, we would understand reality....

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 4 Days Ago

Trends 9

Sonofcharl
WW2GuyWhoLikesWW2

And everything moved relentlessly forwards for what seemed like an eternity. But eternity was not relative and time and space were resolute and beyond explanation and tenuous minds had long since withered in the maelstrom of events that succeeded. But their job was done and the Universe was slowly saturated. All questions were submitted, but did anything respond?...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 5 Days Ago

Abortion is murder

Jonathan_Jackson
sillydebater

Abortion is murder. The life of the child starts at the conception of the child, as soon as it is an embryo. Please refrain from character attacks. This is from the point of view of a Christian conservative....

Voting Period
9 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago

Wisdom the unconditional love of philosophy STOP sign.

2far4u2CharlesDarwin
Penrose_stairs

I love myself, I think am grand, when I'm all alone I hold my hand. I think one day I'll marry me and try and raise a family. Let us debate about what this actually means. As there are many. Maybe we might just find a few more. dito...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago