Philosophy Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

How do atheists ratiionally know truth from fiction?

ViceRegent
Sarasaz

Atheists love to live under the delusion that they are the guardians of rationality. But how can they hold this title when they cannot even articulate a rational way to know truth from fiction. If they cannot do this, they are literally ignorant and the ignorant cannot guard anything. So, what atheist can give me a rational way atheist know truth from fiction?...

Debating Period
6 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago

Get "clean".

Max.Wallace
Evaderei

no. Cleanness is self indulgence....

Debating Period
5 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Utilitarianism

NeoMachine
Sarasaz

I strongly believe that Utilitarianism (the greater good for the greater number) is the best philosophy that everyone should follow. I know there is some issues between Act-Utilitarianism and Rule-Utilitarianism, but it can simply be summed up as the world first being under Rule-U., but slowly progressing towards Act-U. as we advance farther in technology and knowledge in foresight....

Voting Period
14 Comments
Updated 22 Hours Ago

is arrogance too much self esteem or too less??

14_UKNWN_14
JayShay

Good day, future opponent. I am arguing that arrogance is due to a lack of self esteem, and why and how will be in the next round. This is just for acceptance. Please try NOT to forfeit....

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 16 Hours Ago

How do atheists rationally know truth from fiction?

ViceRegent
happystick107

Voting Period
12 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Adolescents ought to have the right to make autonomous medical choices

tejretics
famousdebater

This debate is for the Winter Tournament. Pro should present his or her arguments in Round 1 and leave the last round blank (except to post "no round as agreed"). No new arguments in the final round of argumentation. Selected judges: Raisor, whiteflame, YYW, thett3, FT, bsh1, F-16 The debate will use the "opt-in" voting standards, outlined here. [http://www.debate.org/forums/debate.org/topic/78621/] "Adolescence" = "the teenage years between 13 and 19 and the transitional stage fro...

Debating Period
16 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago

Every tyrants dream.

Max.Wallace
Petfish

I am a Pope, a Mullah, and a President..... Residing in my chair riot, behind a window unkillable. The sacred soul!! elected. shart....

Voting Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

ViceRegent
TheEpicTricycle

I still need to hear from an atheist how they rationally know truth from fiction?...

Voting Period
58 Comments
Updated 17 Hours Ago

corgis are the best type of dog

Rollingcorgi
GnashingLlama

Corgis are the best because their short legs allow them to bite the ankles off of any other dog attacking it....

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago

Individuals have a moral obligation to assist those in need

Zaradi
EAT_IT_SUKA

This is for Fire_Wing's tournament. Resolved: Individuals have a moral obligation to assist those in need.I'm affirming, he's negating. First round acceptance. No new args in the final round. ...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 10 Hours Ago