TheRussian
Aerogant

(pi)r^2 is not a perfectly correct formula for the area of a circle

TheRussian

TheRussian

Pro

This debate is for more fun than actually trying to refute the formula, but I want to see where we can go with this. I will be arguing that the tradition (pi)r^2 formula is not correct. First Round is for acceptance.
Aerogant

Con

It has "pi", which reminds me of "pie"; a "pie" is circle - it's not circle when you cut it into pieces, so I conclude that it does not make sense to you because the formula to you is actually (pieces/pi)r^2.
TheRussian

Pro

My opponent thinks I meant pie. No, I meant pi. (That sounds stupid if you say it out loud)

The reason the formula is incorrect is because pi is endless. Let's say our circle has a radius of 3. If so, then I can mutliply: (3.14)(3)^2, right? Okay, that gives me an area of 28.26. What if I add another decimal to pi, making it 3.141?
(3.141)(3)^2=28.269. In this way, I can keep adding decimals which will keep increasing the area, making the area "endless" (according to the formula).

Conclusion: The formula cannot be correct because pi is endless, making the area of the circle endless. (You can keep adding decimals for ever and keep infinitely increasing the area of a circle, which is not valid because the area of a circle is finite.)
Aerogant

Con

My opponent thinks I thinks I thinks he doesn't thinks I thinks it's pie instead of pie.

The pie is not endless because a pie cannot be no more than a pie. You can stuff it with more toppings, but that does not make it any less of a pie.
TheRussian

Pro

"My opponent thinks I thinks I thinks he doesn't thinks I thinks it's pie instead of pie."
My opponent thinks I think it's pie instead of pi**
Aerogant

Con

I'm too lazy to use symbols in a non-serious debate that is based on someone who thinks a formula is wrong because it has infinite variations based on all circle shapes and sizes. Which is to say that the formula is for all circles, not just one, therefore the formula is not wrong - you're failing to understand the multiple implications of this formula in how it is used for any circle; for it to be wrong, you'd have to prove that your decimal point theory also involves no circles. If it involves a circle, no matter how many decimal points you add to it to create its circumference, the formula is built to solve it via its circumference - the formula cannot be used if it has no circumference, which is to conclude that your silly debate has thus proven your very real stupidity.
Posted by Aerogant 2 years ago
Aerogant
It's still a circle, therefore you changed the circumference. The formula is based on the circumference, not the circle's size.
Posted by TheRussian 2 years ago
TheRussian
It doesn't matter that the formula is for all circles haha, change the 3 to a 200008.78.....the result will still diff. upon adding decimals haha
Posted by Aerogant 2 years ago
Aerogant
It's not an insult; it's the result of you insulting yourself!
Posted by TheRussian 2 years ago
TheRussian
Just a debate for fun, no need to go to insult
Vote Placed by FuzzyCatPotato 2 years ago
FuzzyCatPotato
TheRussianAerogantTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con, pie =/= pi.
Vote Placed by Domr 2 years ago
Domr
TheRussianAerogantTied
Reasons for voting decision: pitiful attempt at humor by con. Pie does not = pi.
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
TheRussianAerogantTied
Reasons for voting decision: aerogant misunderstood, pi =/= pie