brinasr
Stephen_Hawkins

pictures in color are better than black and white

Stephen_Hawkins
Started: 2/10/2012 Category: Arts

brinasr

Pro

color makes the picture more clear
Stephen_Hawkins

Con

I accept this debate. As the Burden of Proof is on my opponent (both afirming something, and started the debate), I shall wait for her argument, as per the common courtesy of this site.
brinasr

Pro

Color vision could be made by mixing only three pure colors of light – red, green and blue – in proportions that would stimulate the three types of cells to the same degrees that the "real" colors did. To emphasize that each type of cell by itself did not actually see color but was simply more or less stimulated, he drew an analogy to black-and-white photography: if three colorless photographs of the same scene were taken through red, green and blue filters, and transparencies ("slides") made from them were projected through the same filters and superimposed on a screen, the result would be an image reproducing not only red, green and blue, but all of the colors in the original scene
Stephen_Hawkins

Con

I shall address my opponent's point before making my own.

My opponent firstly has not made an argument, but secondly and worse has committed the cardinal sin of plagiarism.

Firstly, and quite obviously, there is no argument here. It is simply stating how color photography works.

Secondly, and arguable even more obviously my opponent has plagiarised wikipedia. Give me some credit, at least.

From his studies of color vision, Maxwell found that any hue could be made by mixing only three pure colors of light – red, green and blue – in proportions that would stimulate the three types of cells to the same degrees that the "real" colors did. To emphasize that each type of cell by itself did not actually see color but was simply more or less stimulated, he drew an analogy to black-and-white photography: if three colorless photographs of the same scene were taken through red, green and blue filters, and transparencies ("slides") made from them were projected through the same filters and superimposed on a screen, the result would be an image reproducing not only red, green and blue, but all of the colors in the original scene.[1]

1 - http://en.wikipedia.org...

My Case

Firstly, precedence of debating is that if one plagiarises, then they instantly lose the debate. Any looking about on this website sees plagiarism as an automatic loss.

Secondly, Black and white pictures look better. As this debate is which is "better", the only classification is personal opinion. Therefore, I claim black and white pictures are better because they are (not a good argument, I know, but plagiarism? Really?)
brinasr

Pro

brinasr forfeited this round.
Stephen_Hawkins

Con

Vote Con, vote anti-trolling.
Vote Placed by Man-is-good 5 years ago
Man-is-good
brinasrStephen_HawkinsTied
Reasons for voting decision: Sad.....Pro's tactics were in poor taste and her decision to plagiarize cost her a victory. Moreover, Pro offered no standard on which to judge pictures, making personal opinion a possible standard....Moreover, Pro provided little substance in her arguments, whether writing a simple sentence or copying from Wikipedia, and thus loses a point for arguments for failing to fulfill her BOP.