Alexhawkins998
Reformist

planned parenthood should close

Reformist

Alexhawkins998

Pro

I understand that Planned Parenthood may help women, but due to the recent videos showing that the doctors are talking about the prices of body parts, it is raising questions on whether or not the organization should be closed down. Looking at these videos are sickening and outragous. It is also sad that a bunch of liberals keep supporting this organization instead of going against it.
Reformist

Con

Since you didn't really make any arguments I wont really go in depth

Planned ParentHood gives women free healthcare

I don't really see why it should close

Those videos are horrendously edited to show one point of view

Happy to debate
Alexhawkins998

Pro

Sometimes the circumstances surrounding a pregnancy are tragic. Perhaps the woman was raped. Maybe the baby has been diagnosed with a defect. Or the woman"s health might be at risk. However, one tragedy is not answered with another. We do not erase a rape by killing a child. We do not cure a baby by taking his life. And we do not avoid all health issues by avoiding the reality of another human being.

Women who have been raped must be compassionately cared for. But compassionate care does not include executing a woman"s child. Parents facing a difficult prenatal diagnosis must be given real facts and directed to otherswith helpful experiences. They must not be forced into a quick choice for abortion or urged to take the life of their child instead of giving her a chance to defy the odds. Women with high-risk pregnancies must be treated by real medical professionals. But treatment does not include intentionally killing a child. (If a child dies during the course of treating the woman " i.e., during chemotherapy for cancer, removal of an ectopic pregnancy, etc. " this is not an abortion
Reformist

Con

Did this just turn into a abortion debate?

Why?

We were discussing why Planned Parenthood should close or not weren't we?

Look if you force a women to have a rape baby your just raping her for 9 more months.

Abortion is "morally" right because more people die if you stop abortion

However I don't understand why we moved away from the other discussion. All I did was refute both of your claims? Is that why?
Posted by whiteflame 1 year ago
whiteflame
*******************************************************************
>Reported vote: bballcrook21// Mod action: NOT Removed<

1 points to Pro (Conduct). Reasons for voting decision: This wasn't a debate. This is shy of being a forum post. Regardless, Pro argued it more eloquently. Pro brought up more points, such as the scandal surrounding Planned Parenthood, as well as the moral aspect, in which one tragedy is not answered with another. Con's last argument was something you could expect from a radical feminist - being, that there is no standing, and no argument. Con just made points, and didn't happen to argue them to any degree. There was no argument, just assertions with no backing of any sort. The part that kills the argument is the assertion by Con, which had be dumbfounded - basically stating, that if you don't let a woman get an abortion, you are raping her for 9 more months. Objective win for Pro. This didn't meet what I expected though, as I hoped for a longer debate, where people can actually discuss, rather than just slinging unfounded dogma at each other.

[*Reason for non-removal*] The RFD is sufficient, analyzing specific arguments made by both sides.

Note: The report seems to just disagree with how the voter analyzed the debate and only claims bias without explanation.
************************************************************************
Posted by Reformist 1 year ago
Reformist
I have no morals

I am a robot

Get with the times
Posted by Trarc 1 year ago
Trarc
When you made that post, he had voted in 0 other debates. To say he voted in every debate is not an exaggeration; it's a gross lie.

You need to rethink things. Seeing your anti-rape stance, I presume you have morals. Hurling baseless accusations is not something any good person would do. It seems you also make claims without making sure they are reasonable first. Please think twice before you speak.
Posted by Reformist 1 year ago
Reformist
THat was a exaggeration. It would've been impossible for him to vote in EVERY single one of my debates

However he is going through my profile to find something to vote on. Some were from very long ago. He is even posting comments on debates from 3 or more weeks ago

This was more of a discussion than a debate

its 2 rounds
Posted by Trarc 1 year ago
Trarc
Reformist, I checked. When you commented that he "is going to EVERY debate I have and voting opposition," bballcrook had, at the time, not voted in any voting-stage debate you had participated in. Not. even one. It is disappointing you did not check your accusation, especially considering that you are criticizing Alex for lack of sources.

As for the debate, both of you did rather poorly. Neither of you cited a single source. Someone could reasonably pick either of you as the 'winner' and justify their decision by pointing out the flaws in the opponent.
Posted by Reformist 1 year ago
Reformist
Pro didn't even discuss Planned Parenthood

First he went on about the videos but then I explained they were false

Then he just ranted on why abortion was bad. That has nothing to do with the debate
Posted by Reformist 1 year ago
Reformist
He does seem to be voting in my debates since we were chatting on one of my debates.

And yes he is biased
Posted by Trarc 1 year ago
Trarc
Reformist: on checking his profile, bballcrook has not voted on any debate in which you have participated in the past two weeks.

I'm not sure what you want bballcrook to cite, but the rational for his vote is clear and convincing:

"Con just made points, and didn't happen to argue them to any degree. There was no argument, just assertions with no backing of any sort. The part that kills the argument is the assertion by Con, which had be dumbfounded - basically stating, that if you don't let a woman get an abortion, you are raping her for 9 more months. Objective win for Pro."

My position on this matter is also Con, and I think bballcrook is biased in Pro's favor, but your arguments were of a poorer quality than Pro's. For example, Pro's argument on abortion may be unrelated to the discussion, but you redefining rape is absurd.
Posted by Reformist 1 year ago
Reformist
Lol bballcrook is going to every debate I have and voting opposition. Lol

Firstly I'm reporting that vote because he made sourceless claims too

How do we know theres videos if he didn't cite?

So yeah
Posted by Reformist 1 year ago
Reformist
Lol

Why only 2 rounds?
Vote Placed by debatedeity111 1 year ago
debatedeity111
Alexhawkins998ReformistTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro switched the point of arguement.
Vote Placed by pimpmaster 1 year ago
pimpmaster
Alexhawkins998ReformistTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro did not debate the subject at all. Winner by default Con.
Vote Placed by bballcrook21 1 year ago
bballcrook21
Alexhawkins998ReformistTied
Reasons for voting decision: This wasn't a debate. This is shy of being a forum post. Regardless, Pro argued it more eloquently. Pro brought up more points, such as the scandal surrounding Planned Parenthood, as well as the moral aspect, in which one tragedy is not answered with another. Con's last argument was something you could expect from a radical feminist - being, that there is no standing, and no argument. Con just made points, and didn't happen to argue them to any degree. There was no argument, just assertions with no backing of any sort. The part that kills the argument is the assertion by Con, which had be dumbfounded - basically stating, that if you don't let a woman get an abortion, you are raping her for 9 more months. Objective win for Pro. This didn't meet what I expected though, as I hoped for a longer debate, where people can actually discuss, rather than just slinging unfounded dogma at each other.