dairygirl4u2c
TyroneShelton

point of fetal pain should be used instead of viability as abortion regulation standard

dairygirl4u2c

dairygirl4u2c

Pro

instead of being able to regulate when abortion can occur based on viability, it should be based on when the fetus starts feeling pain. the fact we'd have to use pain killers to kill the fetus shows the inhumanity of what is being done. viability is not a magic spot of when a fetus feels pain, or is suddenly a human, take it back a few moments and it's still a person. why not just take it back to the humane point of fetus pain?
TyroneShelton

Con

The US is a free country. And until the fetus is separate from the mother the fetus it is a part of the mother. Therefore the mother has the right to decide what she wants to do with the fetus. I am not saying abortion is a happy thing. I am not saying I am a fan of abortion. I am saying that not all people are bound by your Morales. And if people decide to resolve a situation using an abortion, it is none of our business to say that they can not.
The fact that fetuses can feel pain changes the situation little. The fetus has almost no self awareness.
dairygirl4u2c

Pro

why is viability the magic point? and why is the framework the supreme court set up the magic point? does con simply accept all that, or does he think there should be more or less access to abortion?
if the court isn't hte magic point, we should set our own standard.

the mother could have aborted earlier when it was morally grayer if abortion is wrong. she has a responsibility for having sex, knowing the consequence is someone being dependent on her. we can quibble about when it's a person, but why not give deferrence to human life, and say it's enough of a person if it starts to feel pain? that the humane the to do. isn't ignoring the pain of the fetus inhumane? i would suppose con would have to admit it is inhumane. so why tolerate it legally?
TyroneShelton

Con

TyroneShelton forfeited this round.
Posted by TyroneShelton 1 year ago
TyroneShelton
Sorry I couldnt get back to you, anyways I will just post my argument here:
Just because something can perceive pain means nothing. Unless you are a vegetarian and think the US govt should make it illegal to eat meat, because "If it can feel pain it would be inhumane to kill it."
Vote Placed by Midnight1131 1 year ago
Midnight1131
dairygirl4u2cTyroneSheltonTied