someone123456789
Kumquatodor

pokemon sucks

Kumquatodor

someone123456789

Con

Kids today are going out in the wild trying to catch Pokemon and get mauled and killed by wild animals,and Pokemon is a waste of time. you could always do something productive with your life.
Kumquatodor

Pro

I assume my opponent meant to be Pro, as his statements seem to support the resolution "pokemon sucks".

Because of this, I shall be arguing that Pokemon does not "suck".

I also assume that the first round is acceptance.

I will let my opponent make his arguements in the next round.

Good Luck.
someone123456789

Con

Pokemon sucks because no one ever watch them and the population of people but card are going down.

go to this web site:
http://th09.deviantart.net...
Kumquatodor

Pro

"Pokemon sucks because no one ever watch them"
If no one watched Pokemon, the executives would not waste the money, and would cancel it. Pokemon is still on, so people obviously watch it.

"and the population of people but card are going down."
What? Please clarify this fragment. I cannot understand what you are typing. If you mean that the amount of people that buy the cards are going down, you offer no proof.

But even if card sales are going down, Pokemon still has TV shows, DVD, toys, and video games to fall back on.

"Kids today are going out in the wild trying to catch Pokemon and get mauled and killed by wild animals"

If kids try to play with wild animals, I have some questions:
1. What kind of wild animals? Bears? Wildcats? Racoons?
2. Seeing as these animals live in the woods, where are the parents?
3. How old are these kids? 5-year-olds are usually closely suporvised, and 8-year-olds-know by now not to try and pet bears.

"Pokemon is a waste of time. you could always do something productive with your life."

Do movies, books, music, and debating count as wastes of time since they do nothing to better your life? You would then be a hypocrit if you listen to music or talk to friends. Also, pokemon does not impead your ability to live.
someone123456789

Con

someone123456789 forfeited this round.
Kumquatodor

Pro

My opponent has forfeited. Until he resumes debating, I have won. I will still give him a chance to support his arguments, though, and to sway voters' opinions.

My arguments still stand.
someone123456789

Con

It sucks because its really boring and doing productive is meaning studying math and reading. You could also find something useful to do.
Kumquatodor

Pro

My opponent has forgotten about most of his arguments, and has now made only one claims. Here they it is (paraphrased): It sucks because it (Pokemon) is really boring.

"Nintendo has revealed that Pokemon Black & White 2 have sold over 7.5 million units worldwide in an earnings report for their third quarter". --- http://mynintendonews.com...

That's right. The new Pokemon game sold 7,500,000 copies. Why would 7,500,000 people buy a boring product? Since 7,500,000 people enjoy Pokemon enough to buy a Pokemon game, Pokemon must not be boring to everyone, and at least 7,500,000 people find it interesting.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

"doing productive is meaning studying math and reading."

I urge the viewers to look at my opponents profile. His debates aren't over religion, math, reading, art, etc.

Here is what he has debated in:

lebron vs jordan---This debate does nothing to better anyone, nor does this better the debaters. My opponent is clearly not studying math and reading. I suspect that my oponent took this debate for fun.
Xbox 360 is better than PS3---This debate does nothing to better anyone, nor does this better the debaters. My opponent is clearly not studying math or reading. I suspect that my oponent MADE this debate for fun.
Minecraft is awesome---This debate does nothing to better anyone, nor does this better the debaters. My opponent is clearly not studying math or reading. I suspect that my oponent MADE this debate for fun.
Yo Mama Contest---This debate does less than nothing to better anyone, nor does this better the debaters. My opponent is CLEARLY not studying math or reading. I KNOW that my oponent took this debate for fun.
Yo mama jokes---This debate does less than nothing to better anyone, nor does this better the debaters. My opponent is CLEARLY not studying math or reading. He actually STARTED this one. He MUST have done this for fun.
Google is better than Bing---This debate does nothing to better the deb---you get the idea.
The Bible is not the word of God---FINALLY! AN IMPORTANT DEBATE! Wait... This isn't a debate. My opponent just... rambled. His opponent, brett.winstead, made at least 8 paragraphs. My opponent, someone123456789, just had 8 SENTENCES. He clearly wasn't trying to change hearts and minds.
Kid's Choice---This was a fairly important debate about whether or not parents should decide the childs career. So far, there is 2 rounds, and my opponent said 1 sentence, not counting acceptance.
Mama jokes---Really? And Pokemon is pointless?
Mama jokes---*sigh*
Mama jokes---*:,(*
http://www.debate.org...;--- NOT MATH OR SCIENCE!
Windows 8 is Great---NO POINT!
chess sucks---My opponent plagarised his whole argument! His opponent pointed this out. My opponent also said to his opponent: if my opponent is fat she should go play some sports. This is an insult. Look at it in context.
This is the most important one:
pokemon sucks---This debate has nothing to do with math, reading, etc.
____________________________________________________________________

Some would say that I am attacking my opponent. I am not. I have already analyzed his arguments WITH SCIENCE!

I am saying these things to convince my opponent that it is okay to like other things, and that his opinion (Pokemon sucks), is just that an opinion. I have shown that my opponent does some unproductive things, but that is okay.

To my opponent, learn to accept that people has fun doing things that you don't, whether that be Pokemon or Chess.
someone123456789

Con

#1. I just don't like it. I have a right to my opinion.

#2. The show just doesn`t stand close to the concept of the game. Ash is a prime example. He didn`t even get 20 Pokemon yet and he get 6 badges. This realy pissed me off, because while playing the game, I would have much more difficulty doing what Ash could. They totally got rid of any dignity that Pokemon had. Furthermore, I hate how Nintendo used the cartooon to target it towards kids. Instead of targeting it toward 9-13 year olds which what the game was intended too. Too bad cause I really liked the Blue and Red games. If it wasn't for the over commercialism and targeting torwards kids I'd probably still like it.

#3. Some(not all) Pokemon fans are a real bunch of morons. They`ve been zombified by the Pokemon hype. Some these people are 15, 17 years old and there watchin a kids show. Does anybody see something wrong here? Not that there's anythin wrong with it, but it just seems there is so many. I surely doubt there were that many that liked TMNT.

#4. Pokemon is a FAD.
Kumquatodor

Pro

"#1. I just don't like it. I have a right to my opinion"
You are right. You do have an opinion. Debating, though, is about facts, which you're sorely lacking.
The following Shameless Advertisement will prove that:

My friend, TheDarkMuffin (who is excellent, with a rating of 2,356), recently had a debate with me over gay marriage here: http://www.debate.org...;(it is stuck at tied :,( sadly). Muff had to show that Gay Marraige shouldn't be legal, so he put asside his opinion and argued against his personal beliefs using facts.

#2. The show just doesn`t stand close to the concept of the game.
This is your opinion. You give no facts.
Ash is a prime example. He didn`t even get 20 Pokemon yet and he get 6 badges. This realy pissed me off, because while playing the game, I would have much more difficulty doing what Ash could.
Apparently, other people didn't care. It is your opinion that this is bad. You give no fact.
They totally got rid of any dignity that Pokemon had.
This is your opinion that this is bad. Other people disagree. You give no facts.
Furthermore, I hate how Nintendo used the cartooon to target it towards kids. Instead of targeting it toward 9-13 year olds which what the game was intended too.
It is your opinion that its target demographic was a bad thing. You give no facts.
Too bad cause I really liked the Blue and Red games.
It is your opinion that these Red/Blue games were good. You offer no facts.
If it wasn't for the over commercialism and targeting torwards kids I'd probably still like it.
Your opinion doesn't matter. In a debate, you have to give facts.
You have given no facts.
Some(not all) Pokemon fans are a real bunch of morons.Some(not all) Pokemon fans are a real bunch of morons.Some(not all) Pokemon fans are a real bunch of morons.They`ve been zombified by the Pokemon hype. Some these people are 15, 17 years old and there watchin a kids show. Does anybody see something wrong here? Not that there's anythin wrong with it, but it just seems there is so many.
This is opinion and, even if true, does not detract from Pokemon. You give no facts.
I surely doubt there were that many that liked TMNT.
Yep. There was.
#4. Pokemon is a FAD.
It can't be a fad since it has been popular since 1996. Fads don't last 17 years.

I have proven that Pokemon is entertainment, and therefore not a waste of time.
I have proven that Pokemon is safe with the proper parenting.
I have proven that people watch Pokemon and buy the product.
I have proven that Pokemon being boring is an opinion and not a fact.
I proved that the show being worse than the game is an opinion and that the game is still Pokemon.
I proved that (some) Pokemon fans being morons is an opinion.
I proved that Pokemon is not a fad.
I proved that my opponent has been incapable of offering facts and has only given opinions.

How I think voting should go and why:
Conduct: Pro (my opponent accidentally chose Con!). My opponent forfieted. Pro: +1 point.
Spelling/Grammar: Pro. Obviously. Pro: +1 point!
Arguments: Pro. Con gave no facts and all opinion. Pro +3 points, baby!
Sources: Pro used one to support his facts. Con had one source that gave no facts. Pro: +1 point.

Winner: PRO!
Posted by Kumquatodor 3 years ago
Kumquatodor
I wonder why he is blocking me, considering that he insulted me first, forfeited, made no argument, potentially wasting my time, and has insulted others. I get blocked?
Posted by someone123456789 3 years ago
someone123456789
Im blocking him.
Posted by Kumquatodor 3 years ago
Kumquatodor
Guy's! This guy doesn't know English!
Posted by someone123456789 3 years ago
someone123456789
Guys pro is just a stalker, this idiot thinks chess is a entertanment. What a idiot.
Vote Placed by TheHitchslap 3 years ago
TheHitchslap
someone123456789KumquatodorTied
Reasons for voting decision: FF so conduct to pro, pro actually argued stuff beyond "because I said so!" and con's spelling was aweful! ... get it?