msintelligent28
LostintheEcho1498

politic

msintelligent28

Con

Are Presidents too powerful? Or not powerful enough? Are there too many roles to play and duties to fulfill?
LostintheEcho1498

Pro

Since you are asking questions and do not actually say which side you are on I will simply accept this round. Hope for a good debate!
msintelligent28

Con

msintelligent28 forfeited this round.
LostintheEcho1498

Pro

I refer to comment and will expound more.
1. comment
2. comment
3. While Presidency can be bad and good based on who it is, I like to refer to this quote as to how our government works,"Democracy is the worst type of government, except for all the others."-Winston Churchill.
4. Presidency is not inherently bad or good. It is the man who makes the office, not the office who makes the man.
msintelligent28

Con

I believe that most politician are corrupt, majority of them are in it for the money, I don't trust any of them.
although The presidency has considerable power but they are not powerful enough the President also has "implied powers." These are powers that are not listed in the Constitution but have been used by presidents as conditions change. I have always thought that the president was in control of everything. Until I have found out that congress can and does reduce their power from time to time. Congress also has the power to amend, delay or reject the president"s legislative proposals. As well as this limitation, there are many checks and balances put in place by Congress to limit the power of the president including the power to override the president"s veto the power to amend budgetary requests through the power of the purse and impeach.
LostintheEcho1498

Pro

The very problem with modern politics is exactly your view. I mean nothing against it and agree but let me explain. Politics nowadays is about power, money, and influence. The other problems such as the ignorance of the general population and overall corruption in the gov't is a major issue. The biggest problem is that little can be proven here though aside from speculation. I know that Obama has over used his power when he went on an all expenses paid by American tax dollar trip to Hawaii to go golfing with his family. Another example is that a building, bathroom, was built in a national park. If you have been camping you know these restrooms to be more of outhouses with no sink, a hole in the ground for a toilet with a seat, and a small brick build with a roof. When this was made the person in charge of the project (unnamed politician) accosted a million tax payer dollars to make this. I'll that implication at that. As for presidency it has become much like Romans who just want political influence and their name in the history books. Obama was successful because of the second reason. First Black President. George W. Bush road the coattails of his father before him as Hillary Clinton tried to do. There are major issues with how it is today and one good way to fix this is increase public awareness of who they actually are voting for and people would be surprised about the issues with politicians and soon we would have candidates of higher moral.
Posted by LostintheEcho1498 2 years ago
LostintheEcho1498
Ah so you just want opinion? Alright I can roll with that. My opinion is that presidency is both corrupt and pure. To further explain let me dissect this:
1. To give a monarch more power who knows how to rule and justly is better than a congress where no one can agree.
2. To give a monarch more power who is power hungry, selfish, or a poor ruler is worse than having a congress.
It all depends on the person but because we cannot go on a person to person basis we have to give them moderate power and checks and balances which is what our founding fathers did.
Posted by msintelligent28 2 years ago
msintelligent28
yes. I were asking a question I'm going to have to go for the pro side I just wanted to know how other people felt about this question since there were a big fight at my school between a guy and a girl over this question. the girl were for the pro and the guy were for the cons. but everything that she were saying to him made sense. so I were trying to get other feedback from people about this question. so how do you feel about this? if you don't mind me asking.