Politics Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

The only role of government is to protect persons and property from force.

Raistlin

The proposition in question involves a very influential and important topic. I will argue the libertarian/classical liberal position that the only place for government is to protect a person's rights to self ownership, thereby protecting his person, and to the fruits of his labour, thereby protecting his property. My opponent will argue that government has some other role i.e. universal healthcare or minimum wage. Good luck to my opponent....

Challenge Period
1 Comments
Updated 6 Hours Ago

Resolved: We must remove paramilitary tatics/military weapons from U.S. police forces

moneystacker

I belive we should remove military weapons from the U.S. for the following reasons 1. tactics were originally made by President Reagan to combat drug problems which were way more severe and violent when this was implemented 2. deaths from raids/people regret these police 3.free equipment so no hesitation to use 4.not trained to use equipment 5.Unnecessary equipment ready to use for unnecessary situations 6.Small towns not asking for equipment for the right reasons. I will post argum...

Challenge Period
3 Comments
Updated 8 Hours Ago

Resolved: we must remove the usa patriot act

moneystacker
FreedomBeforeEquality

I am con so it is natural I go 2nd so pro will start this out Just some Clarification things 1. only accept debate if you really will debate 2. Have fun :D 3. come at least somewhat prepared if possible good luck...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 4 Hours Ago

Does a Victim Impact Statement pose a question on justice

IsabellaMabey
FreedomBeforeEquality

A victim impact statement is a written or verbal statement made as part of the judicial legal process, which allows a victim of crime the opportunity to speak during the sentencing of their attacker or at subsequent parole hearings. My question to you is, do you not think this is unfair for the criminal? The fact that if they have honest learnt their lesson or were in a bad place at the time, should they not be released on parole? If the legal system hear the VIS at the parole and it real...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 14 Hours Ago

Should Americans start preparing for an ISIS attack?

KaileeNicole
Jingle_Bombs

personally I think that we should prepare for an attack against ISIS. clearly they are growing stronger and taking over the middle east. they are suspected to have a few Isis members already hear in the U.S. and also have stolen 12 military jets. if they can get away with those kind of things they can probably spark a war in America...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 13 Hours Ago

I'd make a better president than you.

BombDebaterLeeroyTheBird
GiantPurpleOctopus

I would be a better president than you because I'm me...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 16 Hours Ago

Is the WHINSEC(US Army School of the Americas) ethical?

mcdorr72
Raistlin

The Western Hemisphere Institute for Security Cooperation (a.k.a. WHINSEC or The School of the Americas) is a school located in Fort Benning, Georgia that provides military training for soldiers in Latin American countries. The school is under heavy criticism because its former graduates, such as Manuel Noriega, Roberto D'Aubuisson, and Heriberto Lazcano, have committed human violations. I believe that the WHINSEC is still ethical even though the school has trained many evil men....

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 5 Hours Ago

Government should subsidize my poetic life

mightbenihilism
Blade-of-Truth

I believe the government should subsidize me with a monthly stipend so I can write poems all day. My poems are benefitting the nation. Art is important to culture. Without art --- and the poetic arts in particular --- the nation has no hope. Why did we defeat the Russians? Because of our poetry and culture. I should get at least $2,000 a month, tax free, along with food-stamps, free medical care, and help with the electric bill, so long as I can crank out five to ten poems a month. Her...

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 23 Hours Ago

Is homosexuality solely genetic in origin?

Jzyehoshua
Jyohe

I will be arguing that homosexuality is NOT purely genetic in origin, but rather is a lifestyle choice, a societal trend that has increased in popularity in recent years. My position will be that rather than an immutable characteristic, homosexuality is influenced by circumstantial or environmental factors and personal decisions. Opponent will argue that homosexuality IS genetic in origin. First round is for acceptance....

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 7 Hours Ago

Obama should be impeached

Jzyehoshua
EliasL

My position is that Barack Obama should most definitely be impeached; that he deserves impeachment. Opponent will argue that he should not be impeached. The following are some quick core arguments in support of this: 1. Obama spied on hundreds of millions of people via the NSA hacking the Google and Yahoo servers.[1] This is more serious than Watergate ever was as Watergate involved stealing the information of a few, and Nixon was impeached for the Watergate scandal.[2] 2. Obama's now-lege...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 10 Hours Ago