Politics Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Should police be able to use reasonable force in perceived violence?

jayhend4

I believe that the police should be able to use reasonable force in perceived violent circumstances in order to maintain a civil functioning society....

Challenge Period
1 Comments
Updated 5 Hours Ago

Do Aliens Exist?

SMike
tejretics

I believe that aliens exist, but finding them is on the verge of impossibility. A picture was taken by the Hubble Space Telescope, it zoomed into a small portion of its view and in it, there were hundreds, thousands of galaxies. If there was an equal amount of galaxies in the entire universe, the chance of just one of them being similar to the Milky Way is more likely than not....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago

Israel is repressing the Palestinians

Huffder
Roosterman

A big topic in today's news is Israel and its position in Palestine. There is especially an expanding amount of controversy over the fairly recent attack on Gaza. I believe that Israel is perfectly in its right to do this, as it needs to defend itself in any way possible from Islamic terrorism, and letting people fire missiles at them (like Gaza did) does not exactly send the correct message, even if they do not cause a good deal of harm. Israel is in a constant need to defend itself, as shown b...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 5 Hours Ago

200th Debate: Drunk Driving Should Be Legal

Wylted
Unitomic

The stuff written below this was written like a month ago and I'm no longer sure what it says, but whatever. This debate should only be accepted by Unitomic and I'm sure I tweaked it so only he can accept, if I'm mistaken please do not accept. Any suggestions or critique of the debate is welcome.Rules1. The debate will be in reference to American laws of my opponent is American. If my opponent is not American than the debate will be with the more general assumption of a "just society".2. Fir...

Debating Period
101 Comments
Updated 5 Hours Ago

Could Canada and it's allies beat America and it's allies in a war.

MarsUltor
ColeTrain

Here are the rules 1. The war just started no one invaded. 2. You may use civilian weaponry 3. You can talk about what happens after the war and whether the other side could hold the land it had taken I think Canada and it's allies could beat America and if not inflict massive causalities on America's military. This is because Canada has many allies such as Ireland, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, Netherlands, and Many African nations. Canada also has better snipers than america doe...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 6 Hours Ago

Darren Wilson is innocent

Dilara

The First round is acceptance. The Second round will be arguments. I will present mine in the form of an article. You can present yours in an article or a video less than 30 minutes. The Third round will be rebuttals The 4th round will be conclusions. We will also tell each other what we learned form the debate, about each other's point of view....

Challenge Period
1 Comments
Updated 12 Hours Ago

Allow gay couples to adopt

brad1999
aghias1

I am here to discuss why gay couples should be allowed to adopt Round 1 Acceptance only...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 4 Hours Ago

ban texting while driving in all 50 states

brad1999
Bogcha

I am looking forward to a great debate Round 1 acceptance only...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 4 Hours Ago

to ban smoking in all public places

brad1999
Luharis

I am against a smoking ban in public places round 1 acceptance only...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 13 Hours Ago

to remove the phrase "Under God" from the pledge of allegiance

brad1999
Lexus

This will be a great debate about getting the original Pledge back Round 1 Acceptance only...

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 14 Hours Ago