Politics Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Canada should provide a third major internet provider

SlovakiaKentros

First round is acceptance. The other 3 are just plain debatin'....

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 3 Hours Ago

Philippines should own the extremely contested islands and marine territory in the South China Sea

swatters

In this debate, I will be in support of the Philippines taking control of the islands and marine territory of the South China Sea. My opponent may chose to take the side of another country, or just debate against my resolution. The first round will be for confirming acceptance of the debate. Please cite ALL sources and have fun!...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 11 Hours Ago

Border Fence

tejretics

PrefaceI'm going to keep this debate running for a week or two in the challenge period. Please contact me if you are interested. The border fence is a topic I've been wanting to debate for a while, so I look forward to a stellar discussion.I have made this debate impossible to accept. If you would like to accept this debate, please tell me so in the comments section. If you accept this debate without my permission, you immediate...

Challenge Period
18 Comments
Updated 14 Hours Ago

Should the US and the world formally recognize 'Somaliland' as its own independent country?

imabench
PlagueDoctor

Somaliland is a breakaway providence of the failed nation-state of Somalia that has attempted to claim autonomy for itself since 1991, in the same way the Kurdish people of northern Iraq have been trying to do for themselves in their fight against ISIS. Despite nearly 25 years of relative independence though, the nations of the world, including the United States, still do not recognize Somaliland as its own country independent from the rest of Somalia. https://en.wikipedia.org/w...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 9 Hours Ago

The United States of America should lift its trade embargo on Cuba

swatters
brianjustin3709

In this debate I will be in support of lifting the decades-old embargo on Cuba. My opposition will argue against this. I'd like to keep this debate clean and simple, to keep it from getting hot-headed. Be sure to cite sources and have a good time! 1st round is for acceptance, debate will begin in 2nd round. -Sam...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 22 Hours Ago

Should Marijuana be Legal?

iAustinR
shp1004

I believe Marijuana should be legal because it has more benefits than disadvantages. The legalization of Cannabis would be benefit America financially. Jobs will be created helping American citizens and also can be taxed helping pay for other government expenditures and could lower the burden on the American taxpayer.States that have legalized it have seen tremendous amount of benefits for example Colorado has seen a drop of crime rate, 10 million from retail sales in the first 4 months, more re...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago

The electoral college makes the popular vote meaningless in presidential elections.

mentalist
Italkalot

The popular vote is meaningless during presidential elections. As most voters are unaware of this, the media publicizes these farcical popular elections as though they decide who will become president. In fact, the president is more selected than elected and the electoral process is just to make the election appear to be legitimate. shared BoP Opponent must prove that the popular vote is integral in the election process for the presidency....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 23 Hours Ago

The Confederate Flag is reasonably construed as a symbol of racism.

kasmic
FaustianJustice

The Confederate Flag is reasonably construed as a symbol of racism. Definitions: reasonably: “fair and sensible” (1) con...

Debating Period
14 Comments
Updated 13 Hours Ago

Should animals have rights?

SteakKing
7Alan

Hi, I'm looking to debate someone who thinks animals should not have rights....

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Your thought on Israel

yanivmo
SteakKing

Most of you think about isral as a godforsaken country do you think that the People There are Bad OR Good?...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago