Politics Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Is Tony Abbott A Communist Pet?

Voidness

I Think Tony Abbott Is A Communist Pet....

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 24 Minutes Ago

Abortion should be legal.

thunderbirdak

Hello to my opponent. I would like to set some ground rules and regulations for this debat, then explain my stance. I DO NOT want this to be a debat about the MORALITY of abortion, but rather, whether it should be legal in the US. I am fine with morality used as an argument, but not as a debate topoc. Beyond that, sources are not the primarily most important thing, but should be used, nevertheless, and also NO BASHING (ie you are pro-choice, you moraless b@$!ard!). This round is for acceptance o...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

Where there two shooters in the JFK assassination?

conspiracytheroist1
Arcanas

Do you think the JFK assassination had two shooters? I think there was. There is no way that angle is possible with only one person. Also, notice how Lee Harvey Oswald was killed before he could be prosecuted....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 5 Hours Ago

Should America switch from gerrymandered districts to at-large PR/ranked choice districts?

juminrhee

America is a large country. The ratio of representatives to citizens is close to 1 million to 1. To have a better ratio would require well over 2,000 representatives. This would likely be overly burdensome. Further, both parties are able to redraw districts, except in a few cases where independent commissions do this, to their own benefit. Without having to redraw districts every 10 years could save money and take away political corruption. Each state has at-large elections for the Senate, so we...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 5 Hours Ago

Should First Nations' languages be given equal status with English & French (Canadian)?

juminrhee
bman7720

In Canada, English & French are given equal status. Go to many places across the country and you will see signs in English & French. Why, since First Nations have been in this country since long before confederation, are their equal status in language not held, but French, which the settlers have only been in Canada since the 16th Century, is?...

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 4 Hours Ago

Should states/provinces adopt the council-manager system as used in many local goverments?

juminrhee

Many local governments in both the US and Canada utilize the council-manager system. In this system, the city council and sometimes the mayor are elected. The council then selects a professional manager, and not a politician, to actually handle administration. This system could actually remove politics from the executive and strip them of extra powers that are now considered executive privilege now. Further, the professional manager can be fired by the council. This is similar to a parliamentary...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 5 Hours Ago

For-Profit Prisons should be Banned

walruspn
shrimpster00

30 years ago, the government decided to see if the public could run prisons better than they can. Luckily I am here to tell you that for-profit prisons do not fail. The companies put lots of care into their prisons, making them flourish and grow to become a huge success. Therefore, , For Profit Prisons should not be banned. There might be a bit of rehabilitation in government prisons, but in private prisons, they educate the prisoners and they graduate hopefully passing the GED test to minim...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 7 Hours Ago

Just governments should provide food security for their citizens

Arkon
shrimpster00

Just governments shouldn't provide food security for their citizens....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 7 Hours Ago

War Scenario: Saudi Arabia (Pro) v. Iran (Con)

Objectivity
Gabe1e

This round is exclusively for acceptance and establishing rules. Rules: 1. Realism does not have to be perfect, but at all times when the proper information is available based on the country you are using it should be taken in to account, this includes alliances, the political landscape of the country and their form of government, military strength and capabilities, intelligence, scientific research and development, culture. finances, morale and everything else. 2. Each turn is 2-4...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 8 Hours Ago

Do we need an actual government?

Factus
SerafimCeachir

It seems as if most human beings in any of our positions are enslaved to "Big Brother" We are merely a number in the world, nothing less, nothing more. I will take your arguments to why I believe my anarchy type ideology might be fine....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 10 Hours Ago