Politics Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Quebec ought to Separate from Canada

TheHitchslap

Quebec, is a Canadian Province that has continuously attempted to separate from Canada. I shall argue that this is a bad idea. My opponent has BOP as this challenges status quo. Standard DDO rules apply. Good luck! Opponent state your case in Round 1, Round 4 please just put "abstain as agreed"...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago

Reunification of Korea

greatkitteh
Anna08

First round is only acceptance. No Noobsniping from Con, Please maintain conduct. I will be arguing reunification is a good thing for korea, My Oppoment will refute it. Bop is...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 49 Minutes Ago

THBT Japan should remove Article 9 of its constitution.

UtherPenguin
cha-the-politician

Burden of Proof is on me. Failure to abide by the terms,format, or rules of the debate will result in a loss of conduct during the voting period. If Con finds the terms to be inaccurate or unreasonable, then he or she may alter the terms (but only with an argument as to why) Format of Debate: Round 1: Opening Arguments Round 2: Closing Arguments Round 3: Rebuttals Round 4: Closing Arguments,Counter-Rebuttals Terms: Article 9: The Article 9 of the Japanese Constitution...

Debating Period
7 Comments
Updated 18 Hours Ago

European Jews are Descended Almost Entirely from the Khazars

Emilrose
WAM

Debate currently impossible to accept, anyone who is interested in arguing "Con" may so in the comments. As Pro I will be arguing that European [Ashkenazi] Jews are not Semites but are almost entirely descended from the Khazars, a Turkic people that inhabited the land of Khazaria. Rules: -First round acceptance *and* opening argument. -Second round extension of argument[s]. -Third round rebuttals. -Fourth round rebuttals and closing statements; *no* new arguments. -10,00...

Debating Period
5 Comments
Updated 20 Hours Ago

Term Limits

Lexus
Kylar

This is a direct challenge to my friend Kylar because I noticed that he is in favor of term limits while I am against them. The BoP is shared between the both of us.As per DDO and formal debate custom, the affirmation will speak first and will waive the final round. No semantics, trolling or forfeits. Resolved: Term limits are, on balance, beneficial.Term limit - a

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 20 Hours Ago

Me (Pro) vs. You (Con) Presidential Debate

RoyalFlush100

Basically this is a mock presidential debate between me and whoever accepts this debate. We aren't representing any official candidates, we will just be our own candidate. I made this impossible to accept, so if you're interested mention so in the comments. If you want to know my stance on things go to my profile to look at the "Big Issues". I might not debate exactly according to what's there, but it will be similar. First round is acceptance and in the second round, we'll both present ou...

Challenge Period
15 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Communism better than Capitalism, in general.

PsychoScientist
Ariesx

Hello, welcome to this new debate about Communism and Capitalism. I will provide the rules below that shall be followed in this debate. Round 1: Acceptance of Debate. Round 2: Facts and Evidence. Round 3: Rebuttals of Arguments. Round 4: Final Arguments and Rebuttals. Anyone who would wish to debate with me will have to agree to these terms before accepting my debate. Must show adequate respect towards me, as I will towards you....

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Obama is the worst president we've ever had

MonarchofDebate
Lexus

He destroyed our economy, apologizes to other countries for America, refuses to do anything about radical Islam, tripled the national debt, and sold out the American people. He is the worst president since FDR....

Voting Period
1 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Unguarded borders in the US

banjos42
cads

It is better for the US to guard our borders (specifically our southern one.) We should make a wall and/or have soldiers stationed along our border. The opponent should argue that it is better for the US not to protect our border....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

the death penalty???

Grace_loves_debate
Skepticalone

hello so we have to do debates in class and no one is for the death penalty so I cannot do the arguments there, but I would still like to share my opinions about the death penalty so here I am. by the way I get very heated while I debate and will become very offensive at times to put my point across, so I apologize in advance for my behavior that is sure to come. first off whomever answers the debate is a sick and twisted human being with ought morals. secondly how dare you think that you cou...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 11 Hours Ago