Politics Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

The US should continue using the Federal System

ceaser8901

First round is acceptance Second is Argument Third is rebuttals Fourth is closing remarks Definitions: Federal System: pertaining to or of the nature of a union of states under a central government distinct from the individual governments of the separate states What I am arguing: that the Federal system should be kept in the US What my opponent is arguing: for an alternate system other than a federation (must define system in acceptance)...

Challenge Period
4 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

RETURNING WAR DEBATE: United States of America vs. Chosen Nation

Gabe1e2

Hello everyone! I'm back! On a new account! Most of you other war debaters know me as Gabe1e. I am back with another war debate! I am currently 3 and 1 in my past war debates! RULES:1. Use all military information/statistics from this source only: http://www.globalfirepower.comAny other statistics you need, such as debt or politics related can be used with any source.

Challenge Period
2 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago

Abortion.

ScotNat
breretons07

Abortion not only ends the life of a person, but ends the life in an unfair manner, the child could grow to do many things for the benefit of anyone; they could discover anything. Ending any life is unfair, but ending a life without giving it a chance, is even more unfair....

Voting Period
2 Comments
Updated 14 Hours Ago

You should be able to vote in USA under the age of 18 in certain circumstances.

brobot817
Tuckzer

My argument is that children under the age of 18 should be able to vote in certain circumstances. Here is the round layout: 1: Accept Challenge (Please do not state your argument, just accept the challenge). 2: State your argument. 3: Attack opposing argument. 4: Defend your argument. 5: Final words. Looking forward to the debate....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 9 Hours Ago

All Else Being the Same, a Moral Position in War is Untenable

wrichcirw
Jingle_Bombs

Many people are of the opinion that there is such a thing as a "just war" or a war where a nation's moral fibre remains intact. What this debate is meant to demonstrate is either:1) The cost of moral fibre2) That if we were to ever fight an enemy whose tactical and strategic position was equal to ours, the first casualty of war will be morality.This debate is impossible to accept. If you would like to argue CON, plea...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 17 Hours Ago

Is Free Speech abused in modern society?

YoshiBoy13
y890

Movement: This house believes that the law on Freedom of Expression is overused to the point of abuse by the general public.Structure of debate:Round 1: AcceptanceRound 2: Beginning arguments (no rebuttals, just opening statements)Round 3: Second points + rebuttals.Round 4: Rebuttals only, no new arguments, + conclusion and summary.Note: This debate uses the UK law on freedom of expression from the Human Rights Act 19...

Debating Period
6 Comments
Updated 37 Minutes Ago

Whether Or Not National Debt Is Real

ironleg
Gibbons

This debate argues whether or not the United State's National Debt is real or not. I am Con or against the idea that national debt can be real. I will start my argument off with this: What backs the US Dollar? The answer is nothing. Not gold, silver, gas, or a pile of bananas. Thin air is figuratively what backs the US Dollar. SO what gives it worth? Not just the belief in the Dollar, but the loans we take out from the banks to purchase the material items we cannot actually afford. There"s real...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Da Bomb

Shadowblade40
Dragonblade

Da Bomb is on Da pope, Da Pope is on Da horse, Da horse is on Da goat, Da goat got sad and killed Da Pope. Da horse loved Da goat. And Da goat blew up Da Bomb........... How is Da Bomb????? And how did Da Goat blow up vith Da Bomb, and in vat vay....

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

benito mussolini knew

5dolla
LogicalVoice

He knew mate.. he knew they were dominant....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

The arming of teachers with tasers.

OverLordSandwich
coolkid1231

I will be arguing for the arming of teachers with tasers. Con will argue against. No arguments must not be posted on the final round.Clarifcations from me or questions from others will be posted in the comments prior to the debateCheers. ...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago