Politics Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Government is not necessary to build roads.

BennyW
medv4380

I often hear it said that it is necessary for the government to build roads, implying or even stating that the private sector cannot do it. My goal in this debate is to refute that notion. By roads I am not merely talking about a small private side road but major roads that can be used by anyone. The first round is for acceptance only all other rounds are debate but no new points should be introduced the last round. If my potential opponent is confused about any aspect of this debate I would ask...

Debating Period
7 Comments
Updated 6 Hours Ago

video debate on politics

ZakYoungTheLibertarian

My opponent will agree to a 15 minute video debate on a political topic. I am a libertarian. My opponent will take a position opposite me, i.e. in favour of a measure of government intervention in the economy, in favour of a price control etc. and I will be opposed. This is not a text debate. This is a video debate....

Challenge Period
2 Comments
Updated 15 Hours Ago

Should the united states become more invovled with ISIS

browley14

It's no secret that ISIS is storming through Iraq trying to make it an Islamic state. So then the question becomes, What do we do about it? I strongly believe that we need to intervene. If we allow this to grow then the entire Iraq war was for nothing....

Challenge Period
3 Comments
Updated 18 Hours Ago

Abortion

Lucas_4
dexterbeagle

I believe that aborting your child is a crime, because it is the same thing as murdering your child when he is at an older age. Accept...

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 13 Hours Ago

Canada

AngeloCruz
xavierjg

Oh man how could you be against it what about the children and ha i think im a faster typer than you...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 21 Hours Ago

Is internet good or bad for the world

Thom144244
Ratcatcher

Our world is impacted by the internet, it connects people around the world, if it is facebook, instagram, facetime or skype it lets people chat, tell people what they are doing and much more...

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 18 Hours Ago

Should guns be banned in America?

DisputesKing
GodWarrior

Guns should definitely be banned. As logic tells, without a purpose of attacking someone, why would it be necessary to own a gun if no one else has it. However, as we all know, the government cannot just simply pass a law to ban guns because of the lobbying of gun companies. Each years the gun companies lobby millions of dollars to political figures such as the president and senators. Therefore, it prevents them from simply banning guns. So, with this obstacle in the way, it is clear that gun ba...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 19 Hours Ago

Communism, the greatest form of capitalistr greed

Max.Wallace
SenatorZhen

Every communist nation has been controlled by the most capitalist sorts. Name a communist nation without a leader shrouded in wealth. Open to all debaters....

Debating Period
7 Comments
Updated 12 Hours Ago

Is racial profiling necessary to protect yourself against violence?

ayayanouvet
Robert_Weiler

Statistically, some groups are more likely to commit violence against others, and others are more likely to be victimized. For example, if you are a young, non-hispanic black between ages 10-24, according to the CDC you are 2.9 times more likely to be murdered over any other ethnic group in America. (http://www.cdc.gov/violenceprevention/youthviolence/stats_at-a_glance/hr_age-race.html) Also according to the DoJ, 64.7% of all black crimes of violence are committed against other blacks. ([table 4...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

New Zealand should change their national anthem

Finnianio
Firelife

After watching the Commonwealth Games and hearing New Zealand's national anthem many times, I realised more and more that it does not reflect our country, mainly in religious ways. Even the title, 'God Defend New Zealand', I believe, does not represent our country properly. Not even 45% of our country is Christian, and this has been decreasing for at least the past 20 years. More than half of our country isn't even religious, so why are there so many references to god in our national anthem? I t...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 10 Hours Ago