Politics Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Abortion

madisgass
RuthS

Abortion should never be accepted in any culture, whether religious or not, I fail to see how anyone can be pro killing unborn babies. The issue on preserving the wildlife is more argued for than the issue on saving humans lives and I feel that is the biggest flaw in our country....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 8 Hours Ago

Are Memes Ethical?

ccerrillo4381
abishop99

Are memes ethical? Put simply, the answer is yes. To prove this side of the argument, we must investigate the origin. According to Urbandictionary.com, a meme is defined as, "an idea, belief or belief system, or pattern of behavior that spreads throughout a culture either vertically by cultural inheritance (as by parents to children) or horizontally by cultural acquisition (as by peers, information media, and entertainment media) ." So in order to prove whether or not memes are inherently...

Voting Period
1 Comments
Updated 9 Hours Ago

Electoral College

WampumDP
imperialchimp

The Electoral College is an important part of the American Government, and without it the tyranny of the majority would be allowed to reign supreme. The framers of the Constitution put the Electoral College in our Nation for that very reason. To put it simply, our government is a Republic, where the people are represented by representatives, rather than a Democracy, where the people rule directly....

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

Would a $15 an hour minimum wage hurt our economy?

stschiffman
42lifeuniverseverything

I will be arguing that yes, a nationwide $15 an hour minimum wage would damage our economy as a whole, and Con will argue the opposite, that it would help. First round is for acceptance only....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 16 Hours Ago

Abortion

Travisl
missbailey8

I believe that abortion should be illegal, my reasoning is that, why some may disagree science has proved that life starts with the first heartbeat, the first heartbeat usually takes place 12 weeks in. If science the science is right then having an abortion should be held the same a murder...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

The U.S. should stop the production of pennies.

dan8242goldy
Keagen

Pennies should be retired because they are practically worthless and cost more to produce than they are actually worth. Over time, pennies have been losing value. Today, there is not much you can buy with a single penny. You may say that you can add them together to get worth, but that takes finding 100 pennies, which is a waste of space and time. A single penny costs 1.7 cents, while only being worth 1 cent, so every penny produced costs the U.S. government 0.7 cents. So about every 143 pennies...

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Waterboarding is morally wrong.

Yugandda
iamfromdebatewars

First round is acceptance/first speech if you choose to do so. You may use google docs or etc if your speech does not fit the word limit.This debate is entirely about morality and praticality should not be an issue in this debate. ...

Debating Period
5 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Abolish plea bargains

BenD
Youdontknowjeff

The sole purpose of the United states justice system is to dispense justice. Hence the name. Unfortunately, there is a flaw in the system that prevents justice from being done in about 90% of criminal cases. This flaw is plea bargaining. Plea bargain is defined as: an arrangement between a prosecutor and a defendant whereby the defendant pleads guilty to a lesser charge in the expectation of leniency. Goal: Justice. I believe that whoever better promotes justice in the justice system shoul...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 11 Hours Ago

Abortion

TheYoungPolitician
selena16

Abortion is a really hot topic, considering all the moral aspects of it, no one can argue with that. But I have watched TV recently (Yes... I know I still watch TV) and they were talking about the fact that a young girl that just became fourteen needed to get out of a state pay thousands of dollars because she got raped. This girl faces motherhood at the age I understood the meaning of the word "Sex".Also, sometimes, it happens that a couple who j...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Does the Christian God exist

Ariesz
Jonan4tor

Round 1-Acceptance, Round 2-Cases, Round 3-Rebuttals, Round 4-Defense I will be arguing that God does not exist, while my opponent proves otherwise....

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago