Politics Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Resolved: We must remove paramilitary tatics/military weapons from U.S. police forces

moneystacker
AbandonedSpring

I belive we should remove military weapons from the U.S. for the following reasons 1. tactics were originally made by President Reagan to combat drug problems which were way more severe and violent when this was implemented 2. deaths from raids/people regret these police 3.free equipment so no hesitation to use 4.not trained to use equipment 5.Unnecessary equipment ready to use for unnecessary situations 6.Small towns not asking for equipment for the right reasons. These are my...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 56 Minutes Ago

The US Should Not Have a Border Fence

9spaceking
crushboy79

Just playing Devil's Advocate for fun.First round acceptance.US=United StatesNo semantic arguments nor trolling. ...

Debating Period
5 Comments
Updated 9 Hours Ago

100 debate challenge 4: This House supports the death penalty

Wylted
Ameliamk1

Full Topic This House supports the death penalty Rules1. Pro accepts the sole BOP2. No forfeits3. Any citations or foot/endnotes must be provided in the text of the debate4. No new arguments in the final r...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 20 Hours Ago

On balance modern Feminism is beneficial to the modern United States.

kasmic
Mister_Man

Resolve:On balance modern Feminism is beneficial to the modern United States. 1: Feminism: “the belief that men and women should have equal rights and opportunities”(1)2: Benificial: "producing good or helpful results or effe...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 14 Minutes Ago

European Constitutional Monarchies Ought to be Dissolved

Atheist-Independent
JayConar

ROUND 1This debate will be about the constitutional monarchies of Europe and whether or not this form of government should be accepted. The premise of this debate is the Constitutional Monarchies of Europe ought to be dissolved. I will take the Pro side of...

Debating Period
13 Comments
Updated 21 Hours Ago

Abortion should be legal

Material_Girl
SitaraMusica

I've wanted to debate this topic for a while now, and my opponent has shown some interest in it on the forums, so I thought this would be a good debate. Since the resolution is very straightforward I don't think an acceptance round is needed. Con may use their text space however they want to. Opening arguments: 1) Uncertainty about the beginning of life The scientific answer to the question of whether life begins at conception, at birth, or at some other point during a pregnancy is not...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 23 Hours Ago

An Anarchist State

aburk903
sengejuri

Greetings! I'd like to begin by clarifying that this debate will be purely philosophical. For this reason, judges will not consider sources. This debate is one of ideology and theory, not of statistics. Although I reserve this first round for acceptance, I will offer some definitions so this debate will not be accepted under any misunderstanding. I will define anarchism and anarchy using Chaz Bufe's proposed definitions in his pamphlet "Listen Anarchist!" ANARCHISM: The philosophy of a new so...

Debating Period
11 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Is homosexuality a choice?

jackFergusen
Yusuf94

Homosexuality cannot be choice because then I would be able to choose to be gay, and I cant. I'm straight and there is nothing I can do to change that. I didn't decide to be straight, I just am. I was never even given a choice....

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 6 Hours Ago

Should the U.S. get involved with Mexico's war on drugs?

chicana_14
justiceandtruth

The U.S shouldn't get involved because it is none of the U.S.'s business. Mexico is a different country and it's not part of the United States of America. What Mexico does is their business not the U.S because if the U.S gets involved then Mexico will start a war with the U.S. and I don't think Obama wants to send more U.S troops to fight against another country...

Voting Period
7 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Did Stephen Harper cause ISIS supporting Muslims to attack Canada?

Shrek_sDrecKid

After the recent shootings, lock-downs, deaths, and other terrorist-like activities, one would believe that ISIS is starting to have supporters in Canada to attack the Canadian government. Yet what many people don't realize is that it is actually Harper's own doing that caused those supporters to hurt Canadians in the first place. I have come to start this debate to argue that all of these recent tragic events in Canada involving shootings, deaths, and terrorism is a result of Harper attempting...

Challenge Period
4 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago