Politics Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

The drinking age should be lowered to 18 in the US

Mikal

This is a team debate. This will take place from one team members account. Meaning either one of the team members can accept this, and you will work with your partner to present your case Team Pro will be myself and Thett3 Post in the comments if you want to take this. First round - Acceptance Second round - Contentions Third - Contentions/ Rebuttals Fourth - Closing Rules (1) No new arguments last round (2) No semantics (3) No trolling...

Challenge Period
27 Comments
Updated 8 Hours Ago

Liberalism>Conservatism

CountCheechula
Mike_10-4

Hello and I would love to welcome a debater of conservative background and beliefs. We will argue the classical point of which ideology is better for America. Not a global ideology but specifically for America. No devils advocate please. 1st round Acceptance 2nd round arguments ,3rd round rebuttals/arguments if wanted 4th round conclusions and rebuttals if needed Thanks and looking forward!...

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 13 Hours Ago

Should Military Veterans have extended Unemployment Benefits to Complete College?

drewsaphor
Domr

1st Round is for acceptance. All Comments that attack anyone involved in the debate will be reported....

Voting Period
4 Comments
Updated 17 Hours Ago

Stability Would be Better than Implementing Democracy in the Arab World

Legitdebater

This debate is impossible to accept at this time; if you are interested,please notify me in the comments section.Debate Structure: Round 1: AcceptanceRound 2: Arguments and RebuttalsRound 3: Arguments and RebuttalsRound 4: Final Refutations and closing arguments; no new arguments

Challenge Period
9 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Should the United States (have) intervene(d) in Rwanda? (See further details below).

TruthHurts
qwertyman

I need to test a debate case I have been working on, and, in doing so, am going to use a format not common to DDO. This case is time-space, meaning that neither side can use arguments that involve information beyond the information available at the time this debate is set.This case is also opp-choice, meaning that my opponent, in his first round, shall choose which side to debate on. Thus, ignore the normal Pro/Con designations. I shall also be...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 19 Hours Ago

Abortion is not justified and should be illegal. (except to save the life of the mother)

GKChesterton
TruthHurts

Resolved: Abortion is not justified and should be illegal. (except to save the life of the mother). I will argue for the resolution Information About The Topic The landmark Roe v. Wade Supreme Court case legalized abortion in America. Since that case in 1973, it is estimated that over...

Debating Period
7 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

The Falkland/Malvinas Islands should be given to Argentina.

qwertyman
Atheist-Independent

I will be arguing that the Falkand/Malvinas Islands should remain a United Kingdom Overseas Territory.Pro can start the debate or just accept, I don't mind. ...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Pro Choice (arguing from a self-ownership position)

dexterbeagle
knock_down_argument

Pro Choice (arguing from a self-ownership position) Dexterbeagle will argue for pro-choice rights based on a firm belief in the philosophical, legal, and political merits of self-ownership. The Wikipedia entry, (here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-ownership) provides the necessary context, although those interested in developing arguments might want to consider the section with the heading HISTORY, specifically this: John Locke wrote in his Two Treatises on Government, "every man has a...

Debating Period
5 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

the u.s should stay out of foreign affairs

leonitus2464
Blade-of-Truth

the united states wastes its time intervening in the affairs of other nations. we pump billions of tax dollars into other countries in aid but it never gets anything done those countries go into chaos anyway Egypt being a good recent example we gave them aid but there country is in chaos now....

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Abortion

ZossWorks
Domr

Assuming murder will not be upheld within a civilized society, the abortion debate boils down to two fundamental questions. When does life begin? Is an unborn baby simply part of the women's body? This is NOT a pros or cons debate. You are either Prolife or Prochoice. Thank You!...

Debating Period
9 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago