Politics Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Obama should beef up border security and stop the tide of kids entering the US illegally and alone

Sweden.16
ArkhamGalatica

"Our culture has accepted two huge lies. The first is that if you disagree with someone"s lifestyle, you must fear or hate them. The second is that to love someone means you agree with everything they believe or do. Both are nonsense. You don"t have to compromise convictions to be compassionate." - Rick Warren We can stick to our convictions by restricting the border to only allow Legal Immigration, and yet be compassionate to them by sending some aid with those sent back to _______...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago

This house believes that Stalin was not a socialist

benko12345678
kasmic

As a totalitarian socialist I condone all socialist/communist regimes, however, in this debate I make the claim that Josef Stalin was not a socialist. In this debate I establish that: This is a debate on whether or not Josef Stalin was a socialist. Your personal opinion on what is and is not moral is irrelevant. Definition of socialism: 'A theory or system of social organization that advocates the vesting of the ownership and control of the means of production and distribution, of capi...

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 6 Minutes Ago

Was the Treaty Of Versailles Fair or Justifiable?

DebatesDebate
Red55

First round will be on what side you are on. Second round is all about the reasons behind the claim. The last round will be left for whatever is left to be said and/or final thoughts. I believe the Treaty Of Versailles was completely unfair and unjust to the German Nation....

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 7 Hours Ago

Gun Control

Sleezehead
roark555

This is an issue that the United States cannot seem to reflect an decisive lead on. We see other countries like Australia and England doing just fine with regulation, but Americans with some justifiable paranoia, can't seem to do away with our favorite toys. I will be arguing that both fully regulated and non-regulated fire arm-based societies are problematic and that somewhere, a mix of the two, (depending on the given area), we will find the least amount of deaths. And that I argue for a r...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

The few, the brave, the "we are entitled"! LOL!

Max.Wallace
Geneiveve

Many humans, with a deficient ability to meet their own needs, be it any want, feel that they are entitled to equality. They care not one lick or suck who the .govers make pay for it as they are in their own peas brain deserving of "equality". Equality is paying your fair share. Dear leeches, please respond....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

Political/philosophical debate.

roark555
Sleezehead

I messed up my last debate, I'd like to debate about politics or philosophy. My positions are in my profile. I'm a libertarian with objectivist leanings, and an atheist, to name a few....

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Euthanasia

alex1075
AdamGreenwood

I would like to have a healthy debate with someone who opposes euthanasia. The following is just my opening argument and I encourage a logical opposing argument. Euthanasia is defined by Merriman-Webster as "the act or practice of killing or permitting the death of hopelessly sick or injured individuals (as persons or domestic animals) in a relatively painless way for reasons of mercy." Since most people trust the Webster definition to be accurate, I believe this definition makes the argumen...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 17 Minutes Ago

Yama would make the Superior ruler

YamaVonKarma
Jonbonbon

Round 1: Acceptance Round 2: Futile attempt by Jon to assert herself as the better leader Round 3: Attempt 2 Round 4: Closing Statements...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

Be it resolved that the age at which children can be held criminally responsible for their actions s

Jonathan_d511

Challenger starts...

Challenge Period
10 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Republicans are slowing down the progress of America's society.

Sparkles27
LifeMeansGodIsGood

First round is for acceptance. Con will be arguing that in the 21st century that Republicans are not slowing the progress of America into a better country....

Debating Period
6 Comments
Updated 10 Hours Ago