revealingthepublic
Richardsonalj

poor built education system?

revealingthepublic

Pro

I am a student in high school just finished middle school I am slowly discovering that GPA means absolutely nothing. You're GPA just shows you turned in your work and did good on test. But what about those intelligent people that aren't being noticed because their GPA is low because they aren't as focused everyone giving up on them they have test anxiety? The school system is set up in by fair the most unfair way. We have a school board that doesn't know any of the kids that attend the school I've never met any of them. So the real question is who are they to be telling the teachers what to teach when they don't know anything about the students? The school boards of education are so poorly made. They just want the money but they don't know what its like to be the student. Times have changed since they been in school. Times are getting harder less money small job options high priced things and kids simply getting shamed because their parents cant afford the school supplies. I believe that the school board shouldn't be able to change all this non sense stuff without knowing the kids. I don't even go to school anymore its just a bunch of uneducated people teaching to more uneducated people. Wanna know why? Its because the school board sets state standards so basically i go to school to learn the circumference of a pineapple instead of how to take care of a baby, how to fix a car, write a check things you actually need in the real world.
Richardsonalj

Con

Hello, I am Richardson. Since I am also a student in high school, I believe I am a desired opponent for this debate. I gladly accept the debate, and wish it will be fun for the both of us.
revealingthepublic

Pro

There are three reasons how I know that the education is built and constructed in a poor way. The first reason the board of Education knows nothing about any of the students. How do I know that? Because I've never met one of them. I don't even see them and if they saw me they wouldn't even know who I was. The only thing the board of education knows about me is what they see in the system and I know my grades aren't great but I know I will become something more then they will because I wont sit there pushing rules on people I've never met. The second reason on how the school systems are so messed up the teachers have to teach certain standards. I go to school and all my teachers do is print out papers and hand it to me. If the teacher actually go to teach what they thought we need to know maybe I would actually take something out of what I learned that day. And the people that say that's not true then they are extremely wrong. I can print papers off at home that are "state standards" and get just as bad education at home that I do school. The last reason why I believe our school systems are poorly built is because its not even school anymore. We get short summer breaks the things we can wear are getting change extremely. Since when did I go to prison? If you did a poll and asked kids to describe school most of them would say prison. And people joke about it but I don't. I'm done with going to prison with a bunch of so call administrators that don't do anything but put on a fake smile and the "guidance counselor" they do nothing I only see mine when I want to change my schedule. Does she know my name? nope will she ever no unless I get into huge trouble. All the teachers only know what's in the system. And I'm not going to let a system define me just because I have an F in Spanish doesn't and wont ever define me because that wont mean anything once I get to college.
Richardsonalj

Con

I can see the issues you have with school. "I go to school and all my teachers do is print out papers and hand it to me. If the teacher actually go to teach what they thought we need to know maybe I would actually take something out of what I learned that day. And the people that say that's not true then they are extremely wrong." Teachers don't have the time to speak to each student, on where they're struggling and exceeding, they can't monitor a student's progress. There are other ways on truly learning on what is in your class; such as speaking with other students, join AVID and IB, joining extracurricular activities to help with homework and understanding, heck, even speak with your teachers before and after school.

"I don't even go to school anymore its just a bunch of uneducated people teaching to more uneducated people. Wanna know why? Its because the school board sets state standards so basically i go to school to learn the circumference of a pineapple instead of how to take care of a baby, how to fix a car, write a check things you actually need in the real world."
It's a shame you may of dropped out, it really is. But when you stated that it's uneducated people, that are teaching the students, it upsets me. I've spoken to many of my teachers, some who dropped out, have spent years studying the topic that they're teaching. So no, when a person spent twenty years excelling in college, they are not uneducated.

Then you go on about how schools don't teach how to care for a baby. That is false, there was an option for me, in MIDDLE SCHOOL, actually many options, to learn how to do basic things like raise a child, basic cooking, even laundry and other things. I don't remember the name of the classes, but it was in Alder Creek Middle School.
There was a program that had elementary schools in Portland that took them to a center to learn how to write checks, about money, jobs, and basic necessities. You can also ask your parents, or grandparents to teach you how to write checks.
In Sabin and Schellenberg, they have automotive repair, law enforcements, wood works classes.
It's simply if you're in the right area in America. Depends which schools and colleges you got to, what programs and activities they have.
Although the current Educational System isn't perfect, doesn't mean it was poorly made. There are opportunities that you have to take in order to excel.
revealingthepublic

Pro

Thats the thing you're telling me to go out of my way and join Avid to help learn the things my teachers should be teaching me? nah im good thats wasting my time. You have your own opinion and thats okay im just not going to be that fool that agrees with the stupid school corporation. i mean i will never open up my mail and see my bills and have it say 500x+4x=x wanna know why? because its nonsense. I mean i know how to solve for y but i dont know my thirty human rights or the laws of the state i live in. The school systems are set for the kids to think on way and thats their way.
Richardsonalj

Con

Richardsonalj forfeited this round.
Posted by PowerPikachu21 1 year ago
PowerPikachu21
I'm thinking Richardsonajl won. Pro kind of dropped Con's arguments suddenly. Pro's arguments were also seemingly highly opinionated. Plus, it's just his own experiences (and Con also was anecdotal) that were his arguments. Ehh, the voters can decide. Now I'm not so sure.
Posted by revealingthepublic 1 year ago
revealingthepublic
i put right whoops i meant write
Posted by revealingthepublic 1 year ago
revealingthepublic
I am because i know the circumference of a pineapple but i wont know how to pay bills or right a check. SO PLEASE TELL WHEN ILL NEED TO KNOW THE CIRCUMFERENCE OF A PINEAPPLE
Posted by Cart 1 year ago
Cart
You criticize the GPA system, but what objective metric in measuring merit do you plan to replace it with?
Posted by Cart 1 year ago
Cart
Posted by revealingthepublic 1 year ago
revealingthepublic
How is it poorly exercised the teachers are being taught by people that cant teach which leads to a bigger mess then the uneducated teachers are teaching what the school board says that from more uneducated people. Its just a mess full of idiots
Posted by GoOrDin 1 year ago
GoOrDin
WELL BUILT - Poorly exercised.
Posted by MagicAintReal 1 year ago
MagicAintReal
Beat me to it GMZ
Posted by GMZ3R0 1 year ago
GMZ3R0
"poor built education system?"

Judging by this title, it seems that way to me.