frozen_eclipse
AshleysTrueLove

pornography ought to be illegal

frozen_eclipse

frozen_eclipse

Pro

my position is pretty obvious. Pornography should be illegal for some pretty obvious and unobvious reasons...... This debate should be really interesting.....I hope to have a fun debate.
AshleysTrueLove

Con

Please post your case.
frozen_eclipse

Pro

I will be defending the fact that pornography shouldn't be legal do to some fundamental facts. I will use logic and studies to prove my case.

Pornography- is the depiction of sexual behavior that is intended to arouse sexual excitement in its audience.

prostitute- a person who receives payment for sexual intercourse or other sexual acts, generally as a regular occupation.

porn industry-consists of businesses which either directly or indirectly provide sex-related products and services or adult entertainment. The porn industry includes adult sex-related products and services such as prostitution in all its forms.

pornographic actors/porn star- Most notably these performers are not paid directly by their sexual partners for the sex, but both are paid through a studio or Talent Management Agency.

I will explain that pornography is detrimental,allows children to illegally view pornography due to an inadequate age confirmation system. Pornographic actors is the same as prostitution,

Also pornography includes all of its branches. Witch means my opponent will need to defend child porn,animal porn etc.....

1.Pornography is detrimental to society

Daily "child pornography" requests---- 116,000
Websites offering illegal child pornography----- 100,000
Adults admitting to Internet sexual addiction----10%

http://internet-filter-review.toptenreviews.com......

KEY FINDINGS ON THE EFFECTS OF PORNOGRAPHY
THE FAMILY AND PORNOGRAPHY
• Married men who are involved in pornography feel less satisfied with their conjugal relations and less emotionally attached to their wives. Wives notice and are upset by the difference.
• Pornography use is a pathway to infidelity and divorce, and is frequently a major factor in these family disasters.
• Among couples affected by one spouse’s addiction, two-thirds experience a loss of interest in sexual intercourse.
• Both spouses perceive pornography viewing as tantamount to infidelity.

http://downloads.frc.org......

THE INDIVIDUAL AND PORNOGRAPHY
• Pornography is addictive,
• Users tend to become desensitized to the type of pornography they use, become bored with it, and then seek more perverse forms of pornography.
• Men who view pornography regularly have a higher tolerance for abnormal sexuality, including rape, sexual aggression, and sexual promiscuity.

• Child-sex offenders are more likely to view pornography regularly or to be involved in its distribution.
    OTHER EFFECTS
http://downloads.frc.org......

Pornography, distorts an individual’s concept of sexual relations by objectifying them, which, in turn, alters both sexual attitudes and behavior. It is a major threat to marriage, to family, to children, and to individual happiness.
Social scientists, clinical psychologists, and biologists concur.

http://www.heritage.org......

Effect on the mind: Pornography is very addictive.
Some effects of porn addiction are:
  • Escalation/Desensitization: Addicts experience an ever-increasing lust and a craving for more intense porn. Eventually "soft-core" porn is not stimulating enough, which pushes them into "hard-core." It is a downward spiral.

• Dissatisfaction with your sex life: Spouses of addicts are affected as sex does not satisfy the addict as it once did. Men who look at porn are dissatisfied by their wife's appearance and this often leads to dysfunctional relationships.

• Addiction to masturbation: Those addicted to porn are almost always addicted to masturbation. The sexual urges become so strong that masturbation becomes the easiest way of release.

• Shame and guilt: Emotional pain is perhaps the most common effect of porn addiction. A deep sense of failure and shame is often experienced.

• "Lonerism" and Secrecy: Porn addicts generally keep to themselves and keep their addiction secret. This often results in dysfunctional relationships.

http://www.allaboutlifechallenges.org......

Pornography affects people’s emotional lives. Married men who are involved in pornography feel less satisfied with their marital sexual relations and less emotionally attached to their wives. Women married to men with a pornography addiction report feelings of betrayal, mistrust, and anger. Pornographic use may lead to infidelity and even divorce. Adolescents who view pornography feel shame, diminished self-confidence, and sexual uncertainty.

http://downloads.frc.org......

Pornography hurts adults, children, couples, families, and society. Either by promoting overly aggressive,child pornography,Pornography has significant effects during all stages of family life. For a child exposed to pornography within a family setting, pornography causes stress and increases the risk for developing negative attitudes about the nature and purpose of human sexuality. For adolescents who view pornography, their attitudes toward their own and others’ sexuality change, and their sexual expectations and behavior are shaped accordingly. For adults, pornography has harmful and even destructive effects on marriage. Pornography is more detrimental then beneficial thus should not be practiced.

2.allows children to illegally veiw pornography due to an inadequate age confirmation system.

Porn sites don't do much to prevent children from viewing. There required by law to ask if your 18 or 21 in some states. On most if not all porn sites you just have to press a button. Yes or no. There's no birthday check or anything like that witch could single children out to disallow access. Porn is very much available to children.

Access to pornography is available from early on. The average age of a child’s first exposure to pornography is 11. A total of 90 percent of children ages 8-16 have viewed pornography online. Pornographers use many character names that appeal to children such as “Pokémon.”.........http://internet-filter-review.toptenreviews.com......

According to The Kaiser Family Foundation report (found at www.kff.org), 70% of teenagers (ages 15-17 "have accidentally come across pornography on the Web.".......

According to one study, early exposure (under fourteen years of age) to pornography is related to greater involvement in deviant sexual practice, particularly rape. Slightly more than one-third of the child molesters and rapists in this study claimed to have at least occasionally been incited to commit an offense by exposure to pornography. Among the child molesters incited, the study reported that 53 percent of them deliberately used the stimuli of pornography as they prepared to offend...........http://www.protectkids.com......

W. L. Marshall, "The Use of Sexually Explicit Stimuli by Rapists, Child Molesters, ," The Journal of Sex Research 25, no.2 (May 1988): 267-88.

3.porn actors same as prostitutes.

If you look at the definitions there very similar. If you think about it morally they provide the same services for a fee. Since the porn industry advertises these porn stars,(just as pimps advertise prostitutes)and since the workers are offering sex for money,( just like prostitutes). it ought to be illegal as well. Morally atleast. Also this could be under obscenity witch is not protected in anyway morally. the only difference with porn stars is that there under the camera, have a director,its legal,they sign a contract. This is just legal prostitution. Another point I want to make is that pornography includes all branches of pornography. That means child porn, animal porn, etc.......my opponent needs to defend it.

So in my case I have effectively proven,That pornography is more detrimental than good, Allows children to illegally veiw porn due to inadequate age confirmation systems, and lastly that porn actors are the same as prostitutes thus should be treated the same as prostitutes and thus pornography should be illegal.

AshleysTrueLove

Con

AshleysTrueLove forfeited this round.
frozen_eclipse

Pro

Well my opponent has forfeited. So my arguments still strongly stands.

For my opponent to win this debate he needs to prove...That pornography isn't detrimental,child porn and its access, and adequate checking system,and that pornography isn't the same as prostitution.

In This debate I have proven.... that pornography is detrimental,allows children to illegally view pornography due to an inadequate age confirmation system. Pornographic actors is the same as prostitution,

I have proven these points with out refutation. Thus I have proven my case and should win this debate.
AshleysTrueLove

Con

I was quite honestly must forfeit this debate due to being overwhelmed I never should have accepted and I apoligize serverely.
Posted by frozen_eclipse 4 years ago
frozen_eclipse
okay i can respect that.
Posted by AshleysTrueLove 4 years ago
AshleysTrueLove
I honestly got overwhelmed. I am sorry I must forfeit this debate.
Posted by frozen_eclipse 4 years ago
frozen_eclipse
wow i really didnt expect a forfeit
Posted by frozen_eclipse 4 years ago
frozen_eclipse
yea, i like arguing different opponents on the same thing more than once, no more than twice. It gives me a broader perspective on the subject.
Posted by 16kadams 4 years ago
16kadams
again?
Vote Placed by 16kadams 4 years ago
16kadams
frozen_eclipseAshleysTrueLoveTied