perplexingstories
bhealey

power metal is best music genre

perplexingstories
Started: 4/15/2014 Category: Music

perplexingstories

Pro

This debate will have three rounds:
1. Elaboration
2. Comparison
3. Links to songs as evidence
bhealey

Con

I accept, ill say that musical theatre (Broadway) is the best music
perplexingstories

Pro

Power metal not only teaches of heroic deeds on the battlefield but has important meaning and lessons also since when does musical theatre have keyboards and guitars that make an effect that your in that time and place also since when does musical theatrehave lyrics and anyway power metal has sub genres like symphonic power metal
bhealey

Con

Musical theatre also teaches of heroic deeds on the battlefield and has countless more songs with much greater meaning and that teach much greater lessons, and not only does it have amazing serious songs but musical theatre also has songs that can be extraordinarily funny (unlike power metal) and in musical theatre you can usually clearly hear every word that is being spoken (unlike power metal). musical theatre does in fact often use keyboards and guitars but unlike power metal it will often use an entire orchestra with a huge amount of different instruments that all flow together perfectly. power metal is just a bunch of computer generated sounds that all blast as loudly as possible and every aspect of each song in power metal is often competing for being the most heard so you will often not be able to properly hear anything. I am not sure what my opponent means by "since when does musical theatre have lyrics and anyways power metal has sub genres like symphonic power metal" if he/she means what I think they do they are completely wrong in insinuating that musical theatre does not have lyrics; those are usually the biggest part of every song, and unlike power metal it is an actual person singing, not a computer auto tuned sound, and in power music it is more of just talking fast and incomprehensibly instead of actually singing. I do not know what having a sub genre does at all to show that it is a good style of music but musical theatre has much much more subgenres that different songs can be classified under. thanks for the fun topic.
perplexingstories

Pro

Well power metal isn't really loud autotuned computer generated sounds . They use it good too also the vocals are easy to hear and they don't compete to be the loudest and seach the music video : glory to the brave- hammerfall on youtube and you'll see its slow and gentle and has real meaning and besides there are many famous power metal bands such as Dragonforce, Sabaton, Heavenly, Helloween, Masterplan, Stratovarious, Dark Moor, Kamelot, Nightwish and there from England, Sweden, America, Finland and many such places and musical theatre doesn't do it better on what it teaches besides since when have you heard these bands songs and really get to know them, their style, etc.. so power metal is better.
bhealey

Con

bhealey forfeited this round.
Posted by Sagey 3 years ago
Sagey
I've always been a big fan of Iron Maiden, and several other similar bands, though I also consider such numbers as" November Rain" by Guns n Roses played with orchestral backing as a classic Power Metal track, even though Slash and the others did not want to do Symphonic Ballad type music, but Axl talked them into it and it is my favorite track of all the Guns n Roses work.
Posted by Sagey 3 years ago
Sagey
Power metal rocks:

Here's a Power Metal variation of "I Kissed a Girl" some great Power Arpeggios in the Intro and lead break.

Adds a nice touch of Color to the original, a massive improvement.

Enjoy!
Posted by bhealey 3 years ago
bhealey
could you post a link to this type of music because I haven't heard of it yet
Vote Placed by Sagey 3 years ago
Sagey
perplexingstoriesbhealeyTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con cites Musical Theater, which Power-Metal also encompasses with a Metal edge, also I certainly prefer power metal over musical theater any day.