TheRuSSian97
BornToDebate

privacy of celebrities vs Paparazzi lvelihoods: what is important?

TheRuSSian97

Pro

This debate is open to the first person who excepts it. first round acceptance and then you know what to do. thanks and lets have a good debate.
BornToDebate

Con

I accept, I will be valuing Paparazzi's right to do their job over the celebritys right to privacy.
TheRuSSian97

Pro

Ok. Now I apologize if my spelling is bad as I am doing this off my phone. Now I feel that the paparazzi is a little too far into peoples businesses. I as well as many other Americans feel they are invading their privacy. The instant someone gains weight they are the first ones to make fun of them. Especially if you look at shows like TMZ and the soup, they fish for things to embarrass and humiliate people with. I understand its their careers but they shouldn't be invading peoples privacy.
BornToDebate

Con

A celebrity's career is to plaster themselves across the world on a venture of fame and glory which can only truly be spread by the paparazzi and the journalists who use the pap's images on their reports.

A celebrity trains not to play sport always but to keep a certain presence and pleasant exterior at any and all times for the sake of gaining popularity and fame.

The only way to become a celebrity is to endure the burden of the paparazzi even then wit is unwanted. The same was a shopkeeper has to come to work and stack shelves no matter how much of a burden it is on their emotional pleasure at their job. A job is a duty more than a pleasure. This is the difference between a job and a hobby.

The job of the paparazzi is to get the sneakiest, golden photos that none of their competitors dared to snap (one needs only to watch spider man 3 to see just how far one would go to be the best pap/photographer out there).

If you are suggesting that to do one's job and to endure all that comes with striving to do well in it is immoral for the pap but not for the celebrities then you are, in fact, defeating your own argument by a double standard.

Do you think it's fun to run around an entire night hiding in bushes desperately fiddling with an expensive camera that you have to hold tight even when the thorns on the bush cut into your skin and then snap away for the split second you get a chance? Well, it isn't fun, it's tiring as hell. If a celebrity wants to become famous they do not have the right to pick and choose when and when not they should be famous. Public is public, home is home, even one centimetre outside of private property and the paparazzi has every right to follow the celebrity around town with a camera. It's their job. Of course they have the burden of hiding from the big bad bodyguards but that's all part and parcel of a pap's career.

Being a pap requires hard work and determination. So does being a celebrity. Each should strive hard to do what they do best and if they can't handle it then just remember There ain't no business like showbizness ;)
TheRuSSian97

Pro

TheRuSSian97 forfeited this round.
BornToDebate

Con

RUSSIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! Where u @?
TheRuSSian97

Pro

TheRuSSian97 forfeited this round.
BornToDebate

Con

BornToDebate forfeited this round.
Posted by Sandy8 3 years ago
Sandy8
Where was this debate where I was looking for something interesting? Gosh I wish I had seen it.

I think a celebrity's privacy is more important than a paparazzo's life. Celebrities are people, and people need their privacy. It's not fair to them to be photographed out of context and then talked about negatively for something they didn't even do! The paparazzi go waaayy too far, and it's their fault that rumors are created, not the celebrity's fault. Also, if the paparazzi are so desperate for a job, they can at least find a job that has morals. If they think that it's worth ruining a celebrity's life just so they can have a job, then they don't deserve a job.
Posted by TheRuSSian97 3 years ago
TheRuSSian97
The privacy is more important sorry I wasn't clear on that part
Posted by proglib 3 years ago
proglib
I have the same question as Tulle, are you:

1. Pro as in privacy of celebrities is more important;

or

2. Pro as in Paparazzi livelihoods are more important?

You may want to rephrase the debate so that you are taking one or the other as your belief.
Posted by tulle 3 years ago
tulle
Which side are you taking?
Posted by johnathonwill65 3 years ago
johnathonwill65
pro meaning your for privacy or paparazzi?
Posted by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
They both make money on each other...