lord_megatron
Doyleelliot

proof of gods existence

lord_megatron

lord_megatron

Con

Is there any proof that a figure such as God exists? The 5 senses can't sense God, the 6th sense is not yet proved to be there or just intuition. There has been no modern sighting of him. If you say God is present everywhere, I might as well say Optimus Prime(a transformer) is a God, but none can see this alien so none will believe. Why not the same with religion? If you can accept an unknown person as God but not a fictional character I lack a reason to see why.
Doyleelliot

Pro

If you don't believe In god that sucks because there is plenty of proof like the bible our freedom to go to heaven. I don't know anyone who doesn't believe in god. He is he reason that we are who we are. You wouldn't be here if it wasn't here because he built the earth. Just think about it
lord_megatron

Con

You say the proof is Bible. But wasn't it written by human hands? As for the God building the Earth, why didn't he build another life-supporting planet? If you say the world is created by God, then who created GOD??? If you believe the universe can't just pop into existence, has God just popped into the world? And I am here, despite planning against him and insulting him by saying Optimus Prime is a God.
Plus God may have built the Earth, then where is his responsibility for it? We have the potential to obliterate the planet with global warming and lack of resources. If you say he left it to us, then there would have been some belief for it, like yours is that he made the Earth? Will another Earth be made when this expires???
What religion do you follow? What more proof does your God have then my belief of Transformers? I need an answer, and we are not free to visit heaven. We have to die first, and its one-way trip. What makes you think heavens and souls are real? What if we are just human, body and all? What if once we lose it, we vanish from the universe forever?
I refuse he is the reason why I am what I am. You mean to say I am an atheist because of him? LOL
Doyleelliot

Pro

Don't you think who built the earth. Who made the planets. Even though I believe in the Big Bang theory it is true that gad made the Big Bang. He's the one who built everything. As for the bible it was Jesus followers or deciples that wrote the bible and witnessed his death. Jesus talked about god and his creations.
lord_megatron

Con

If you say God made the planets and a creator is needed for everything, who created GOD?? If you can't accept universe popped into existence(which I don't either) then how God just came out of nowhere? Who made the so-called heavens if you think they are true?
As for Jesus's disciples, I don't really believe much in Christianity. How can a person come back from the dead? And why hasn't he made another appearance? I think he was just a person surrounded by rumors, for if I was in the medieval times I could just propose a new God of my style, and believe me, they WOULD accept. Why??
Doyleelliot

Pro

If you say that people would believe you or someone who is not god or Jesus they would not believe you because they didn't believe that Jesus was Jesus until he gave his life for our sins and died giving god his soul and for him raising from the dead that is because he is the messiah and the messiah can rise from the dead.
Posted by lord_megatron 2 years ago
lord_megatron
Lord Megatron writes torturous stuff only. I find these religious beliefs comical, how defensive and illogical people can become when it is involved. As for my not giving evidence, I could say you are plotting to nuke USA, and I have no evidence for/against it.
Posted by George_Lenton 2 years ago
George_Lenton
This is absolutely torturous reading the stuff that has so far been written. If only to add some sort of semblance of an intelligent formation of words to this argument, I'm going to post a comment.

While I don't believe in any sort of superior, godly, ethereal or omniscient being; I can't claim to be able to prove otherwise, nor can I prove that one such creature exists. However, nobody can. This argument is certainly a good basis for a debate of beliefs or ideals, but there is no room for proof in this debate.

In answer to a previous question, proof and evidence are not the same thing.
- Evidence supports an argument, but doesn't necessarily confirm it
- Proof confirms an argument

Thus all proof is evidence, but not all evidence is proof.

I'll acquiesce, though, that the title is misleading. as it seems like you're stating that you believe you have proof, and thus the debate would be the validity of such proof - not you asking others for proof that you can disregard.

The scientific theory of the Big Bang, thus far, can certainly be considered a realistic cause for the creation of the universe, as there is plenty of evidence for it. However, we cannot say it is the definitive creator of the universe, as we have no proof.

On that note however, there is no evidence, and certainly no proof of the existence of a god, or the God that I assume you speak of. (I'm assuming this is the God of Christianity, Judaism and Islam)
Posted by lord_megatron 2 years ago
lord_megatron
what?
Posted by Merlito 2 years ago
Merlito
Do you believe that dinosaurs existed a thousand years ago? or do you believe that the space has a billions more planet? Because scientist believed in it. How about you? or Do You have brain? No one can sense that you have brain :3
Posted by lord_megatron 2 years ago
lord_megatron
thanks, now someone show up.....
Posted by Zarroette 2 years ago
Zarroette
It should be much easier to defend! Good luck =)
Posted by lord_megatron 2 years ago
lord_megatron
i changed it to proof
Posted by Zarroette 2 years ago
Zarroette
I recommend that you cancel it, in the meantime. The resolution (title) is the most important part of a debate. If you stuff that up, the debate is then solely in the hands of your opponent and whether he/she can point out the flaw with the resolution.
Posted by lord_megatron 2 years ago
lord_megatron
ahhh I need to fetch my dictionary in case someone accepts the debate....
Posted by Zarroette 2 years ago
Zarroette
Because you mean something different to what is stated in the resolution. Plus, now that you've clarified what you mean, I actually agree with you.
Vote Placed by imsmarterthanyou98 2 years ago
imsmarterthanyou98
lord_megatronDoyleelliotTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro never refuted the infinite regress argument proposed by con therefore I must give Con arguments , as well as spelling and grammar Pro Made numerous errors which affected the flow of concepts severely.