skershawnhs
qmclaughlin1nhs

pros and cons of abortion

skershawnhs

Pro

18% of U.S women who abtain abortions are teenagers. Ages 15-17 take up 6% of all abortions. Teenagers who become preganant unexpedidly deserve the right to decide what to do whith that child wether it be abortion or adoption. Due to schooling and work a teen most likely does not have the time for a child in there life to nurture and give a proper life like all children deserve. The debate over whether or not abortion should be a legal option continues to divide Americans long after the US Supreme Court"s 7-2 decision on Roe v. Wade declared the procedure a "fundamental right" on Jan. 22, 1973. Abortion is a personal right and a women no matter what age should have the right to decide what she wants to do with her body no matter political view, or religous view it should be the persons right to decide. Many people fear if abortion is made illigal that women will result un-safe methods.
qmclaughlin1nhs

Con

Our tax money shouldn't be going towards a teenage girl who decided to get pregnant. It is not about women having the "right" to do what they want with their body, if it isn't just their body that they are affecting. Everyone does have the right to do whatever they want to their body, but when you are killing an unborn child inside of you, you are not just doing something to yourself. Why should everyone else have to suffer by paying for a girl's abortion? Is it our fault she got pregnant in the first place? No, and we don't even have the choice as to what our tax money goes to. We should not be supporting a girl's mistake and paying for her to get the easy way out. Not to mention, paying for a murder.
skershawnhs

Pro

skershawnhs forfeited this round.
qmclaughlin1nhs

Con

Since my opponent has decided to forfeit, I suppose I can respectfully keep my argument going. Teens are going to get pregnant, it is inevitable. Making abortion illegal would highly reduce the teen pregnancy rate. I am not saying that teens get pregnant knowing that they have abortion to fall back on, however, I am saying if abortion is made illegal, teens will think twice about the choices they make. The choices they make will be thought out more carefully and even if they get pregnant, our tax money will not be paying for the murder of their child.
skershawnhs

Pro

I don"t think that the people who make the idea of abortion as a tragedy argument are always trying to undermine women"s rights. But there does seem to be a huge difference in how we discuss abortion and how we discuss all other medical procedures. Such as if a women gets pregnant she should have right like any other sickness or problem to get it fixed, and the way of "fixing" a pregnancy is abrertion or other methods. Though many people belive it should be illigal for a women to terminate a child hood it is also very importsnt to remember many females get pregnant in aweful ways such as rape. This causes some conflictation that if abortion is made illigal that if a women is raped and comes out pregnant are they not allowed to get an aboretion? No, they should have the right if they dont want a child they should be able to abort it. Due to many young pregnanacys now a days many women are not in a good enough fination situation to afford a child or to care for one as every child deserves.
qmclaughlin1nhs

Con

qmclaughlin1nhs forfeited this round.
skershawnhs

Pro

skershawnhs forfeited this round.
qmclaughlin1nhs

Con

qmclaughlin1nhs forfeited this round.
skershawnhs

Pro

skershawnhs forfeited this round.
qmclaughlin1nhs

Con

qmclaughlin1nhs forfeited this round.
Posted by Letsdebate24 3 years ago
Letsdebate24
I personally don't feel like paying for some teen to get pregnant and then turn around and seek an abortion. When I was younger I believed that a woman should have the innate right to do whatever she wants with her body but as I grew older I came to understand that while she does have that right an abortion is not just her body. It's simple if you don't want to get pregnant don't have sex. Now for the women that are raped or have severe health issues things are vastly different. Those are two circumstances where the woman should have the right to abort the pregnancy.