sanjee.kmrr20
Sdio

prostitution should be banned

sanjee.kmrr20

Pro

hello everyone, my name is sanjeev kumar and I am here to put my words on the topic prostitution. i think government should ban the prostitution as this is effecting many lifes and relationships. this is not about a male or female prostitute but if we think about humanitarian we can see that this leads to loose our ethics, our moral values. prostitution ruins a happy relationship. my today question is for every human only sex is the only need ? is this the only want of every male and female ?
this is the oldest business but it has a worst impact on the human life as if a prostitute gives a birth to a child, the society will not accept it, they hate them do not want to live the same life as they are living. The other point is it is the major cause of the low ratio of male to female as many female choose this profession and do not give birth which leads to the diminshing ratio of the female to the males. STD's acronym for sexually transmitted diseases is the major cause because this disease is like communicable disease which spread when get contact with one other and one to many.
Sdio

Con

I might be attempting to cross a cultural barrier but in my country prostitution is banned.
I don't think it should be. Laws of moral or religious nature are outdated. How can something be a crime if there is no victim? Two consenting adults behind closed doors agreeing to barter should not be anyone's business. Regardless, like most prohibition on victim-less crimes, demand still exist despite the lack of regulation. This leads to the emergence of the black market.
Black market prostitution has an abundance of issues that accompany it. Disease, murder, abuse, theft, and drugs often accompany it. Not only does it cost the government millions to do it, it can lead to someone's life being ruined. If it were regulated (like in the state of Nevada) the government could ensure the well-being of their citizen Johns AND they could profit from it through taxation. Legal prostitution prevents victims. Black market prostitution creates them. Regulation would lead to a safer, cleaner environment for the citizens that are already going to do what they want to do.
sanjee.kmrr20

Pro

sanjee.kmrr20 forfeited this round.
Sdio

Con

I will not present an argument.
sanjee.kmrr20

Pro

sanjee.kmrr20 forfeited this round.
Sdio

Con

Sdio forfeited this round.
Posted by Sdio 1 year ago
Sdio
Also, literally everything you said can be applied to the perfectly legal porn industry. Two (or more...or one) adult(s) who are performing sexual acts for money. Take away the camera and suddenly it's a crime that will stick with you for life and take away from future employment opportunities...leading to a never-ending cycle as convicted hookers have no choice but to return to sex industry since no one will hire them with a record.
Posted by Sdio 1 year ago
Sdio
I have a different perspective because my friend was involved in the illegal industry. She (thankfully) quit once she got arrested. I don't support prostitution right now because it's illegal, but I do support legislation that regulates the industry and provides a safe environment for the women and men who are going to pay for it anyway....brothels have been a part of human civilization for thousands of years. But so has racism and slavery so don't take that as a point to support my argument. Just an observation.
Basically, I have spoken with someone who was involved in the industry and I can assure you she didn't and still doesn't suffer from "emotional damage" from her time as an escort.
Posted by Sdio 1 year ago
Sdio
A girl I knew of in HS (the same girl who dragged my close friend down with her) was also an escort. Last I heard, she is now married to a millionaire. A gold-digger none the less, but please tell me she's "emotionally damaged" and has "low self-esteem" while she's chillin' on his yacht.
Posted by Sdio 1 year ago
Sdio
You're operating on speculation. There are women who don't develop "emotional bonds" during the intercourse. To them, it is a job and a lucrative on at that. Women aren't the victims. They're the ones profiting from it....not to mention it's a personal choice that an adult should be able to choose for themselves. You sound like the type of person who would want to ban tobacco because it's harmful. People make their own choices. You're operating on the assumption that the woman who is choosing this lifestyle is being emotionally damaged by it. Not something to be boastful about, but a close friend of mine became an escort. I don't condone it, but she was an adult and it was her choice. She had no problem with it and according to her the money was great. She stopped after the law caught up with her. I don't condone black market prostitution, as it is illegal and creates victims, but I do support regulation.
You also fail to take into account the fact that people still do it anyway. I assure you that girls who never would have been a hooker before aren't going to become one because it is legal. There's a demand for prostitution by both Johns and the chicks, two consenting adults who don't need you to tell them what they should do with their life or what's "emotionally healthy" for them.
Amazingly, there are real life examples. Look at Nevada. Legal and regulated. No pimps, no STD's, no crackheads, no risk of robbery or murder. Take one look at the Nevada industry and tell me keeping it illegal is rational.
Posted by Jonbonbon 1 year ago
Jonbonbon
And sdio, prostitution is far from being a victimless crime. Even if most of the men who use prostitutes didn't physically abuse them, a woman selling her body to the public is far from healthy in any regard. Emotionally, a woman has to ignore the part of herself that can be attached to someone, and she would have to see herself as an object to be used for sexual pleasure. These things are absolutely necessary in prostitution. When a woman has sex her brain releases oxytocin, which gives her a deep emotional attachment to whoever she's having sex with. That kind of emotional damage in the first place as a way for men to exploit poor women is not justified to any degree. And the fact that she sells her own body is extremely unhealthy for her own self-esteem and sense of self-worth.

In other words, women are the victim. And not even just the prostitutes. Men who are influenced by women who view themselves this way will view other women this way. So women who have a sense of self-worth beyond as a sexual object are affected by the men who objectify them.

Prostitution is way too harmful to be justified just because sex is fun.
Posted by Jonbonbon 1 year ago
Jonbonbon
Prostitution is already illegal.
Posted by Themeaman909 1 year ago
Themeaman909
It is nothing more than an exploitation on people who are in poverty, or who don't know what their doing with their lives.
Posted by raskuseal 1 year ago
raskuseal
I had assumed that prostitution was already illegal in America. And that prostitutes were sex slaves by pimps, who did stuff like kidnapping, human trafficking like the Mexicans do by the border and Obama lets them do, or got them so far into debt that that's the only way to get out. So, i whole heartily agree with sanjee.kmrr20 on this. Prostitution should be made even more banned.