imnotsayingimjustsaying
ConnorMc

prove to me god is real

imnotsayingimjustsaying

Pro

This is a lightning style debate. I never really liked the long 3 page long debates so keep it short and this will be over quickly.

You have 60 minutes to respond and only 500 characters to use.

The debate will be exclusively my opponent (who must believe in god) proving to me that there is a god.

I will try to stay online and respond quickly. Best of luck.
ConnorMc

Con

I believe in God.

I will try my best to prove to you that God exists but, thats just the thing.... there is no way to prove that God exists.

Belief in God comes from the inside, you can be raised to believe in God and then all of a sudden you can start to question your own beliefs.

It is all about to the person whether he/she believes in God. Therefore, does God exist? I don't know. But, I do know that I believe he does.
imnotsayingimjustsaying

Pro

If there is no way to prove that god exists then why do you believe in god? Feelings aren't good enough. I can believe with all my heart that Santa is real. I honestly can say I saw a flying sleigh on Christmas Eve when I was 8. Now I know that wasn't possible because I know that it was my parents. Then what explains the sleigh I saw? It was my brain telling me that Santa was out there. I saw what I wanted to see. I believed what I wanted to believe. Until god is proven I won't trust blind faith
ConnorMc

Con

ConnorMc forfeited this round.
ConnorMc

Con

ConnorMc forfeited this round.
imnotsayingimjustsaying

Pro

Ok i'm not sure if my opponent didn't know that you only have an hour to respond. I will happily try this again some other time it he wants, but for now i suppose i'll just ramble on.

The burden of proof lies on the person making the claim. I always hear that i need to prove that there is a god when i don't have to do that. I'm not saying there isn't a god. I am saying that there isn't enough evidence of a god. I've herd sermons about god being real, never about how god is real.
ConnorMc

Con

Sorry, I left because I went to see Skyfall

Why would you ask a question like this if you know it is impossible to prove there is a real God.

My question is why wouldn't you want to believe in a God? What is so wrong with having faith in a greater being? The point of religion is to worship and BELIEVE there is a God. Religion is all about BELIEVING. The definition of belief is a state of mind where you put trust and/or confidence in yourself. I trust that there is a God, that is my evidence.
imnotsayingimjustsaying

Pro

So what you are saying is it doesn't matter if what you believe is real. If you feel it's real then that's just fine.

I absolutely disagree with that. People have died because of believing in god. People have been accused of being witches and burned for it, and people believed that it was justified by god.

And I could trust that Zeus is real and could say that believing in him that is my evidence.

If Belief in god is the only proof then there is no proof and nobody should believe in it.
ConnorMc

Con

ConnorMc forfeited this round.
Posted by imnotsayingimjustsaying 4 years ago
imnotsayingimjustsaying
well then i guess is messed, up just work around that
Posted by frozen_eclipse 4 years ago
frozen_eclipse
you do know you picked pro right? that would mean you do believe