jinglebobjones
ADHDavid

public display of affection sould be allowed in middle school

jinglebobjones
Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner

jinglebobjones

Pro

PDA should be allowed in middle school because it let's us experience it before we enter the real world. If we don't we will be unprepared for what life will throw at us and might sink into self-pity and destruction. We need to know how to handle relationships and not be taught to be distant. Now I can understand how kissing or overly-sexual acts should not be allowed in middle school but holding hands, linking arms, and hugging is not going to harm anyone. PDA is only natural in life whether talking about friendly forms or relationship type forms and is what makes life worth living. We need to show affection in life or grow up distant and unprepared.
ADHDavid

Con

I will be arguing that PDA should not be allowed in school.

Pro says "PDA should be allowed in middle school because it let's us experience it before we enter the real world. If we don't we will be unprepared for what life will throw at us and might sink into self-pity and destruction. "

Self Pity:
  1. a feeling of pity for yourself because you believe you have suffered more than is fair or reasonable
http://www.merriam-webster.com...

You will not "Sink into self-pity and destruction" if you are not able to display your affection to your girlfriend/boyfriend in middleschool. There is also no need to make-out in school

http://chsarrow.com...;
Posted by Malachi7777 1 year ago
Malachi7777
Neither side did an anywhere near an adequate job of proving their point. Both pro and con provide weak arguments with no real backing. Honestly guys, do better.
Posted by whiteflame 1 year ago
whiteflame
*******************************************************************
>Reported vote: Midnight1131// Mod action: NOT Removed<

7 points to Con. Reasons for voting decision:

[*Reason for non-removal*] As no RFD is required on this debate, the voter is not required to provide one.
************************************************************************
Posted by whiteflame 1 year ago
whiteflame
>Reported vote: Sarra// Mod action: Removed<

7 points to Con. Reasons for voting decision: jinglebobjones writes s/he wants PDA, then in the argument writes s/he doesn't want PDA.

[*Reason for removal*] The decision's just plain unclear. The voter seems to be deciding on the basis of inconsistency, yet doesn't point to anything specific in the debate that indicates that Pro made arguments to this effect, nor that those arguments were equally prevalent. Major inconsistencies can sink a case, but occasional misstatements or minor inconsistencies may only shake it. The voter needs to do more to explain why this was sufficient to vote for Con, and must also spend time examining Con's arguments.
Posted by jlara00 1 year ago
jlara00
180 days for 1 argument per side? Do we need that long?
Posted by Berend 1 year ago
Berend
To be fair, Con, if you dislike us criticizing you for two variables, you should have considered that before accepting this. It simply is what it is.
Posted by whiteflame 1 year ago
whiteflame
>Reported vote: bballcrook21// Mod action: Removed<

7 points to Con. Reasons for voting decision: 180 day voting period? Really?

[*Reason for removal*] The voter must do more than simply be upset at the length of the voting period to explain a vote for either debater.
Posted by ADHDavid 1 year ago
ADHDavid
To everyone attacking me, I had only 500 characters to prove my point, and I'm really bad at summarizing
.
Posted by ADHDavid 1 year ago
ADHDavid
.
Posted by jinglebobjones 1 year ago
jinglebobjones
That's you not me
Posted by TBSmothers 1 year ago
TBSmothers
I've never been a fan of finding out whether or not I win half a year after I've started a debate.
Vote Placed by Berend 1 year ago
Berend
jinglebobjonesADHDavid
Who won the debate:Vote Checkmark-
Reasons for voting decision: Pro actually gave his rhetorical view and why it should whilst being clear he/she doesn't mean sexual, but PDA to a liberal standard, like kissing and hand holding. Con, on the other hand, really only went after the choice of words and a single statement. Nothing to support why PDA is bad. Con failed to actually make an argument (the link isn't really much of an argument to Pro's side) and you shouldn't use a link for people to read to defend your case. There was a lack of an actual rhetorical argument from Con's side.
Vote Placed by hellywon 1 year ago
hellywon
jinglebobjonesADHDavid
Who won the debate:Vote Checkmark-
Reasons for voting decision: This was somewhat a very weak debate. I didn't see any sufficient arguments with sufficient sources. Pro states in his paragraph that on how it let us experience the real world. Pro also shows an example/impact of how PDA impacts the unprepared knowledge to the world. Con had no sufficient arguments supporting his case. Con only refuted one small impact and doesn't attack the whole case. Pro also shows us that PDA brings no harms to our society. They did their job well on defending their side. I feel like Con was lacking the most out of this debate and not even showing us the real harms of PDA, rather just arguing how self pity is unjustified in the resolution. For this, I give my winning to Pro.
Vote Placed by Midnight1131 1 year ago
Midnight1131
jinglebobjonesADHDavid
Who won the debate:-Vote Checkmark
Vote Placed by tajshar2k 1 year ago
tajshar2k
jinglebobjonesADHDavid
Who won the debate:-Vote Checkmark
Vote Placed by Greg4586 1 year ago
Greg4586
jinglebobjonesADHDavid
Who won the debate:Vote Checkmark-
Reasons for voting decision: Pro brings up a decent argument that you are going to see PDA once you get past the middle school level, so it would be reasonable to allow PDA to help prepare people for what they will be facing. After this he gives a pretty huge assumption that not being prepared will toss us into self pity and destruction. Con called this out as being way overblown and it won't happen. Con did not respond to the argument that it will help people prepare for the real world. I'm going to have to vote on that, because it is a dropped argument and Con made no offensive arguments that negate the resolution.