i8bacon
MadisonMichelle

r u broines?

i8bacon
Started: 3/25/2014 Category: TV

i8bacon

Con

If your a brony chosse me if your not a brony choise the guy under me (resone why i did this a debate my computer wont let me do a poll) |
|
|
V
MadisonMichelle

Pro

History of Bronydom

On October 10th, 2010, the first episode of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic aired. This new generation of My Little Pony was truly a game changer. Lauren Faust, the creator of Friendship is Magic, wanted to steer clear of the poorly written and overly-girly style of previous My Little Pony shows. Known for her work on Powerpuff Girls and Fosters Home For Imaginary Friends, she successfully changed the My Little Pony franchise from something that only little girls could watch, into something truly anyone can connect with and enjoy.

Shortly after airing, it's said by many that children's shows are no more than marketing ploys to get children to buy more toys. [The network that airs My Little Pony is co-owned by Hasbro after all.] No matter what Hasbro's intentions were, the production team behind Friendship is Magic made sure that the cartoon they were producing was indeed of high quality, and as a result, the show gained the popularity that it has today.

Many users of 4Chan, a popular image board, latched onto the show. Users began to post thread after thread of endless pictures of ponies. At one point, pictures of ponies were even banned from the site due to abuse, and many people rose up against the show expressing deep hatred toward those who even mention something pony related. To this day, there are still many who think poorly of bronies. This is likely due to the fact that some bronies end up spamming pony related images and references where they are not wanted.

It was likely the anti-pony movement that made bronies what they are today. The more something is opposed, the higher the supporters must rise up, and rise up they did. Bronies soon began to create their own websites. After seeing so much opposition from 4Chan users, bronies moved on to create PonyChan, an image board just for My Little Pony related content. Not only did 4Chan later create a new board just for ponies, but many brony-created sites are around today ranging from Facebook alternatives such as Bronysquare to entire news networks such as Everfree Radio.

The show is centered around six main characters, known to the fans as the "Mane Six." Each of these ponies have a very unique personality, as well as a magical element known as The Elements of Harmony. Together they are able to harness their powers to defeat evil villains and mythical beasts, be it through the sheer power of magic or through more conventional means. When they are not fighting monsters or going on epic quests, they live out their lives in a peaceful and quaint town called Ponyville. They have jobs, homes, friends, and hobbies. This balance of adventure and a friendly small-town feeling gives the show a whole lot of heart, as well as action and adventure.

The show also contains various pop culture references, ranging from James Bond to Tay Zonday's Chocolate Rain. The show heavily embraces the brony fandom, giving many shout-outs and references; sometimes subtle and other times in plain view. This offical TV spot gives a direct shout-out to bronies by name; further proof that the show is aware of and embraces the fandom.

Bronies are known for their creative works. Art, music, animation, and fan fictions are just a few things that bronies create based around their favorite characters, or original characters that they create themselves. There is so much brony-created content that much of it actually rivals the show itself. There's even full length fan made episodes, multiple high-quality animations, many other crossovers and even live-action shorts.

Bronies also meet in-person at scheduled meetups and conventions, as seen in the image near the top of this page. These meetups can range from a couple bronies watching an episode together, to annual conventions that bring out the best artists, game designers, and musicians by the thousands. Bronies also work together to support charities, raising tens of thousands of dollars through various campaigns.

The brony fandom is dynamic and expansive. If you're interested in the show itself, the seriesis available on iTunes, Google Play, and even Netflix. Some episodes have also been uploaded to Youtube by fans, but those are usually promptly taken down by Hasbro. The Hub TV Network allows free streaming of a couple recent episodes. Keep in mind, to fully grasp the show you must see more than just one or two episodes.
Posted by JasonMartin-327 2 years ago
JasonMartin-327
That's...something else...
Posted by i8bacon 2 years ago
i8bacon
http://www.sploder.com... I MADE A GAME
Posted by JasonMartin-327 2 years ago
JasonMartin-327
OOOOHHH, how I wish I could vote. But I can't. Sorry. :( Something about this place, like, making people who don't have a phone feel like suckers, or something like that. Oh well. It's a good thing you're winning, I guess.
Posted by i8bacon 2 years ago
i8bacon
: D thanks
Posted by JasonMartin-327 2 years ago
JasonMartin-327
Wow. I'll have to wait until the end of the year to see who won the vote. Nice. I feel sorry for you, my Brony friend...(muffin?) Unnatural, maybe. But special, too. Unnatural special heroes, we are. Unite, we must, in order to survive and win over the growing opposing side. Enough said.
Posted by MadisonMichelle 2 years ago
MadisonMichelle
Your name serves you well, sir.
Posted by LittleBallofHATE 2 years ago
LittleBallofHATE
Bronies are unnatural. They should be hunted down and exterminated, with extreme prejudice. No offense. LOL.
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
i8baconMadisonMichelleTied
Reasons for voting decision: PLAGUE- RISM
Vote Placed by kinsky 2 years ago
kinsky
i8baconMadisonMichelleTied
Reasons for voting decision: Tracing the source of pros argument, we can see plagiarism
Vote Placed by TheEpicGlassesGuy 2 years ago
TheEpicGlassesGuy
i8baconMadisonMichelleTied
Reasons for voting decision: Plagiarism.
Vote Placed by PiercedPanda 2 years ago
PiercedPanda
i8baconMadisonMichelleTied
Reasons for voting decision: Well first of all, I am a brony, so I am voting con. Secondly, pro commited an act of plagiarism. I assume no one did the reasearch, however I did. I found this site http://www.roblox.com/Forum/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=88041871 Which is a forum. She copy pasted the exact same words from this website.
Vote Placed by birdlandmemories 2 years ago
birdlandmemories
i8baconMadisonMichelleTied
Reasons for voting decision: Better reasoning