theparismcd
Haroush

racial profiling

theparismcd

Con

Shouldn't cops be going after everyone? That's their job; to go after criminals. Not just blacks or Mexicans of Muslims.
Haroush

Pro

I thank my opponet for having the willingness to challenge me on this debate. Though before we go on with this debate, let's make some clear expectations for this debate.

Respectfulness: : a feeling or understanding that someone or something is important, serious, etc., and should be treated in an appropriate way

Examples;
  1. He has earned their respect.
  2. The soldier saluted as a sign of respect.
  3. Despite our differences, I have enormous respect for him.
  4. I have a great respect for his accomplishments.
  5. I expect to be treated with respect.
  6. Your theory makes sense in one respect.
This being said, if you disagree with me and feel something is stupid and or idiotic, by all means say it. Just give your explanations as to why and your evidence to support it.

Now I will be arguing that racial profiling means this...

"The Broader Definition
Under the broader definition, racial profiling occurs when a law enforcement officer uses race
or ethnicity as ONE of several factors in deciding to stop, question, arrest, and/or search
someone. An example of racial profiling under this broader definition would be a police stop
based on the confluence of the following factors:

" age (young);
" dress (hooded sweatshirt, baggy pants, etc.);
" time of day (late evening);
" geography (in the "wrong" neighborhood); and
" race or ethnicity (black or Hispanic).9

The term "profiling" refers to the police practice of viewing certain chara
cteristics as indicators
of criminal behavior.4
Profiling is reportedly an established law enforcement practice throughout
the nation, having evolved during the past few decades with the incorporation of social science
theory and statistical methodology into law enforcement"s crime solving and crime prevention
strategies. Although not a panacea, profiling has been shown to be a successful supplement to
older and more fundamental policing strategies."

http://www.house.leg.state.mn.us......

Then my examples:

"Racial profiling simply assumes that an individual may more likely be the perpetrator of a crime because their appearance matches the race of a suspect. Just like the more recent event that took place in New York city. Quazi Mohammad Rezwanul Ahsan Nafis attempted to bomb a Federal Reserve building."

http://www.nytimes.com......

"For one, the JFK assassination. They used "racial" profiling in that case and in finding all the domestic and foreign terrorist who conspired against the U.S. through terror accurately."

To add on to my point, they have even used racial profiling as a means to tear apart the KKK. If you want evidence of this I can show it as well.

__________________________________________

All of the above being said.. Con must prove racial profiling is something used to target specifically ONE race, ethnicity, or culture. He must also prove racial profiling is NOT more so based on criminal characteristics as much as someone's race, ethinicity, or culture.
theparismcd

Con

theparismcd forfeited this round.
Haroush

Pro

I extend my arguments into this round..
theparismcd

Con

theparismcd forfeited this round.
Haroush

Pro

So, it is clear my opponent has completely forfeited this debate. This being said, all of my claims and information stands unchallenged declaring me the winner. All points go to me, Pro. Thank you to those who view this debate and vote on it. Most importantly, I thank my opponent for the challenge and would imagine he meant well for this debate. Much respect from Haroush.
Posted by Haroush 2 years ago
Haroush
This debate was 2 months ago though..
Posted by Themba 2 years ago
Themba
I agree. Just a simple FF would do and I would stack my vote count. LOL. Forum was 6 hours ago and it still expired.Damn.
Posted by Sashil 2 years ago
Sashil
Damn, sorry to see that this debate went UN-voted.Would have been an easy PRO win.