jt1071
imabench

racisim

imabench

jt1071

Pro

what is wrong with being racist? blacks hate whites just as much as whites hates blacks. personally i do not care about any blacks all they are is people that run their mouths and spend time in jail and steal and ruin the white race of america. that goes for mexicans 2 everyone that tries to cross the border should be shot in the head right then and there. there body should sit there and rot for the others to see whats going to happen to them.All these indians need to go back where they came from and stay over there.If you see a black person on a bicycle you better run them over because thats probably your bicycle you got stollen from you along time ago.All black people should be in the circus espically SHAQ hes the tallest monkey ever lived so everyone could get a good look at the worlds tallest monkey.
imabench

Con

Racism is the unfounded and illogical hatred or discrimination towards a group of people or peoples through stereotyping of irrational fears, misunderstandings, or simple characteristic differences that do not warrant any logical reason for one person to hate an entire group of people.

Now if a person has rational fears against an entire race of people, than sometimes fear of that race is justifiable. But as you can see from the Pro's arguments that his only evidence for why racism is justified is based off of his own warped, twisted perceptions of entire races of people based on unfair and illogical stereotypes.

" blacks hate whites just as much as whites hates blacks" - Illogical stereotypes number 1 and number 2. Not all white people hate blacks and not all black people hate whites. Looking on this site alone you can see how fiercely some whites defend the intelligence of blacks and in other cases you can see how blacks defend whites too, especially if you look at the forms regarding whether or not one race is "superior" to another. Looking on those forums you can see both races stand up for each other and then JimTimmy says something that causes all hell to break loose. But the point is it is an illogical stereotype to assume all whites hate blacks and that all blacks hate whites, and to judge an entire race based off of a false assumption is racism at its finest, and is wrong...

" personally i do not care about any blacks all they are is people that run their mouths and spend time in jail and steal and ruin the white race of america" - Illogical stereotypes number 3, 4, 5, and 6.... Not all black people run their mouths, many of them are reserved and shy people who keep to themselves and just want to get through the day just like everyone else... As for the jail reference, I can safely say that not all black people spend time in jail since in the US there are 38 million black people and in jail there are only about 800,000 black people in jail. So the proportion of black people that actually do spend time in jail is 2.1%

http://www.infoplease.com...
Meanwhile I would like to point out that not all black people steal and that is simply another biased unintelligent stereotype of black people. The idea that blacks somehow ruin the white race is simply racism and nothing else since again it is not based on any evidence, facts, reasoning, logic, or common sense

" that goes for mexicans 2 everyone that tries to cross the border should be shot "
Although many Mexicans do cross the border into the US, a good number of them cross into the US legally and are actually citizens of the US. So shooting at people who followed all the rules and procedures and are recognized by the US as actual US citizens should definitely not be shot... If immigration is such an issue to the Pro then I would like to remind him that white people were the first illegal immigrants to America....

"All these indians need to go back where they came from and stay over there"
This isnt even a warped stereotype this is just a statement of pure hatred by the Pro aimed at Indians (actual Indians not Native Americans). This statement is the purest form of racism since it isnt even based off of a false stereotype, just pure hatred fostered against an entire race of people for no reason.

"If you see a black person on a bicycle you better run them over because thats probably your bicycle you got stollen from you along time ago"
This starts out as a form of pure hatred but then descends into another warped and illogical stereotype of black people.

So in total we have 8 statements of illogical stereotypes aimed mostly towards blacks and then we have a handful of other remarks based off of pure hatred and nothing else. Racism is very wrong because your judging an entire race of people based off of the acts that a very, very small number of people that are a poor representation of the entire race. If the Pro were to judge all white women based off of Lindsay Lohan, Brittney Spears, Casey Anthony, and Paris Hilton then by racism you would assume that all white women in America are stupid alcoholics who routinely abuse their kids and are spoiled by everyone else, but this is not true because we all know that the 4 examples being used are very poor representations of the entire white female race.

Racism is the use of poor actions by a few people to stereotype an entire race through the use of hatred, fear, lack of understanding, and ones own stupidity. That is why Racism is not a good thing and has no placy in a society as diverse as ours.

I would normally thank the Pro for the debate but personally I think he is an assh*le So I will only thank the voters for reading this debate...

Posted by Mark9570 5 years ago
Mark9570
*if* black, sorry for my spelling error.
Posted by Mark9570 5 years ago
Mark9570
jt1071 ... Troll much?

In all seriousness, that's probably what he's doing, attempting to troll for teh lolz, though he did get a bit morbid with it.

My guess as to who he is, he's a secondary school aged, white (most likely, but of black, let's just say he'd have reached troll level:master.), agnostic/atheist, coming from an upper middle-class family, and probably plays way too much COD and other mindless FPS's, lazy, American (not stereotyping the country's people, just making a stereotype based upon personal experience.).
Posted by jasminevparamore 5 years ago
jasminevparamore
OK, to the pro, your not a pro and ill tell you why.
you don't like Mexican immigrants, but do you think the native Americans liked European immigrants? hell no, and don't even say they came over here legally because the only people that made those laws, where the Europeans. basically they said it was OK so it was OK, no it wasn't OK. and don't say it doesn't matter just because it was 600 years ago, because you white people are still taking their land, those reservations are getting smaller and smaller. o and with the black issue, you complain about black people being in the united states, but who brought them here? ya you racist people did. i am 14 and i am Asian. My mother is African american and Mexican and me and my father are Korean. you are a hypocrite. i can bet anything that the man who represents the pro is a white man. and that white man needs to know that his family members created the problems that you are complaining about. and don't say that the native Americans need to go back to their own country, because they are already there, it is the white people who need to go back to Europe if they don't like it here, because that is why they came here.
Posted by zfemocheese 5 years ago
zfemocheese
The debate's opening question on the pro side is "What is wrong with being Racist?" Lets see, everything is wrong with it. Racism is the intolerability of a different ethiniciy. This debate seems useless and the pro party is obviously blindsighted.
Posted by Neonix 5 years ago
Neonix
Well, I feel as passionately about this as you do about debating infidelity. I'm not sure why I'm the idiot and your issue on ethics is so damn noble.
Posted by ashtronomy 5 years ago
ashtronomy
Are you serious? You were the one that brought up "living in the suburbs" in the first place!

I can't help that you get all defensive over a pointless joke, just because you're in an interracial relationship, that's your own attitude towards it. What if this was directed towards white people? Should I get profusely violent if someone called my significant other "redneck cracker?"

I grew up with black kids. I have black friends. Why am I not getting upset over this post? Because that's just my personality. I don't take these things seriously. People will say untrue, ridiculous things just to get a rise out of others.

Oh yeah, I saw that challenge. I can't see it going farther than three rounds, sadly. I'm not sure how much a person can rant on this subjective topic.
Posted by thegravenig 5 years ago
thegravenig
I agree with astronomy here.

Although racism is not right morally speaking, it is a necessary evil. Of course, it will always exist. Do you honestly think human beings can live purely off of peace and love? There is no such thing because humans will always have their own thoughts. There will be conflict, and racism is one of those conflicts among people.

Of course there is an issue. But I don't blame ashtronomy for "minimizing" it when nothing can be done to change it. Look at all the black rights activists like Malcolm X or MLK; although they made great progress in terms of equality, they did not sway the thoughts or opinions of most people. People will decide for themselves
Posted by Neonix 5 years ago
Neonix
Yea, living in New York automatically makes you informed and cultured.

Your attitude toward racism is so apathetic and desensitized, I wonder if you can even recognize it if you see it.

I am in an interracial relationship. If anyone called my fiancé a f**king monkey, ......I honestly don't know the extent of my reaction. I'm certain it would be profusely violent. A kid with a KKK icon, talking about killing Mexicans and black people is not a joke....period. I sent you a debate challenge on the subject. I would love to see a formal defense for your ideals.
Posted by ashtronomy 5 years ago
ashtronomy
Haha alright, well unlike you, I'm not going to get all strung out over some ridiculous nonsense some white trash kid posted...probably to get people like you all riled up. You fed right into it his little game. Anyone will post anything via the web. You need to learn to not get so tough over little meaningless posts. Minimizing the issue? Okay, well you're maximizing the issue. Your "suburb" remark is completely irrelevant, too. I grew up in Brooklyn (which, if you were aware, is one of the five boroughs of New York.) I have experienced quite a bit being from there, but I really don't think that has much to do with this topic. Nice effort, though.
Posted by Neonix 5 years ago
Neonix
Ashtronomy, I.....actually don't know what to say to you without being incredibly insulting.

The guy is calling people of color by an incredibly offensive word. He outright stated he wants minorities executed and displayed. He argued to run over black people with his truck!
That happened two months ago in America! Three white teenager beat up a black man and ran him over with their truck. They posted jokes about it on facebook, saying things like:" I ran that n***a over. Hahahaha!"

This...isn't...funny. You're minimizing the issue.

Get out of the suburbs and experience some life.
Vote Placed by mariahjane 5 years ago
mariahjane
jt1071imabenchTied
Reasons for voting decision: Put yourself in someone else's shoes...don't be so ignorant.
Vote Placed by royalpaladin 5 years ago
royalpaladin
jt1071imabenchTied
Reasons for voting decision: Racist assertions were disproven by the con. Conduct docked for the KKK avatar.
Vote Placed by Double_R 5 years ago
Double_R
jt1071imabenchTied
Reasons for voting decision: Duh
Vote Placed by mauricio2 5 years ago
mauricio2
jt1071imabenchTied
Reasons for voting decision: Who is this dumbass? (pro) what are you stupid?
Vote Placed by Contra 5 years ago
Contra
jt1071imabenchTied
Reasons for voting decision: Good rebuttals CON
Vote Placed by Angelo 5 years ago
Angelo
jt1071imabenchTied
Reasons for voting decision:
Vote Placed by Hardcore.Pwnography 5 years ago
Hardcore.Pwnography
jt1071imabenchTied
Reasons for voting decision:
Vote Placed by lannan13 5 years ago
lannan13
jt1071imabenchTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro just prooves he's racist, Con has long well thought out arguements
Vote Placed by lightskinnedblackkid 5 years ago
lightskinnedblackkid
jt1071imabenchTied
Reasons for voting decision: Well, this was interesting.
Vote Placed by vmpire321 5 years ago
vmpire321
jt1071imabenchTied
Reasons for voting decision: Obvious win is obvious.