dairygirl4u2c
Danielle

raising federal taxes will be inevitable and be the most responsible thing to do

Danielle has forfeited round #1.

dairygirl4u2c

Pro

the things that make up by far most of the budget are too hard to cut, and we shouldn't be cutting them too much anyway. social security, medicare, interest on the debt, defense, all make up over ninety percent of our budget. even if you wiped out the rest of the government, which would be the height off irresponsibility, you still couldn't even balance the budget, which is five hundred billion dollars. the budget is four trillion, simple math proves my point.

if you were to cut into defense majorly and cut the rest by say ten percent, you might be able to balance the budget. but within the next ten years the deficit will double, and there wouldn't be enough places to cut.

tax increases are inevitable and will be the most responsible thing to do.
Posted by bballcrook21 6 months ago
bballcrook21
I will accept this debate
Posted by harrytruman 6 months ago
harrytruman
I will accept this.
Posted by YatesUni 6 months ago
YatesUni
I was almost done with a very strong argument before I found out she made another one to fix the typo that I can't except.
Posted by raquelhs 6 months ago
raquelhs
I would like to debate this.