vi_spex
Kinryu

random cause+(and)effect=(is)chaos

Kinryu

vi_spex

Pro

any non intended cause is chaos

cause+effect=logic

Kinryu

Con

I assume round 1 is for acceptance only. I will argue against your statement "any non intended cause is chaos". Look forward to interesting debate.
vi_spex

Pro

accept whatever you like..

go ahead
Kinryu

Con

First, definitions.

"noun
1. a state of utter confusion or disorder; a total lack of organization or order.
2. any confused, disorderly mass: a chaos of meaningless phrases."

http://dictionary.reference.com...

"any non intended cause is chaos"

Thus, any non intended cause must result in a state confusion, disorder, etc. Any example otherwise disproves this statement. Here's some hypothetical examples where an 'non intended action' do not result in chaos.

I'm playing tennis, and I'm in the middle of a point. As the ball approaches, I go to hit a hard cross court forehand. However, the ball clips the net, but bounces into the opposite court, and I win the point. Hitting the top net and hoping the ball would go over was not my intention, hitting the ball into the far corner was. However, I unintentionally clipped the net, but still won the point. Did 'chaos' happen because of my unintentional action? No, and thus the above statement is wrong.

I'm running late for the bus, and I unintentionally grab the wrong book. Turns out, I actually grabbed the book I was suppose to have. Though unintentional, my actions actually helped me. They did not cause any chaos whatsoever.
vi_spex

Pro

do you have total control of where the ball goes everytime?

either your grabbed the right book or not
Kinryu

Con

"do you have total control of where the ball goes everytime?"

No, and your statement is irrelevant. You stated "any non intended cause is chaos". I proved your statement wrong with my example. Sure, some unintentional actions will result in 'chaos' (losing a point in a match would probably not be considered 'chaotic' though), but not all. Thus, your proposition is false.

"either your grabbed the right book or not"

I grabbed the right book, but the action was unintentional.
vi_spex

Pro

you have proved nothing.. tell me an example where you are correct, so far you are wrong

your second thingi is false from the get go, look at it again, nothing actually happens, its an error on your part

Kinryu

Con

"you have proved nothing.. tell me an example where you are correct, so far you are wrong"

I have proved my case with an example (2 actually). In both examples, two unintentional actions did not result in chaos. How many examples do you want? I unintentionally miss my flight, but it turns out the plane crashed. Though a plane crash is chaotic, my unintentional action did create chaos for myself.

"your second thingi is false from the get go, look at it again, nothing actually happens, its an error on your part"

It's not. I think need A, but I grab B (Unintentional action). I later find out B was what I needed all along (consequence of action, not resulting in chaos). If you believe my logic is flawed, you have to do a better job to prove it.
vi_spex

Pro

you assert they do not result in chaos

in your next point about the planecrash you agree with me.. and a planecrash is not necessarily chaos, some one might have wrigged the cables

you are jumping to conclusions based on false assertions

Kinryu

Con

"you are jumping to conclusions based on false assertions"

That statement is the only false assertion. The definition of chaos is:
2. any confused, disorderly mass: a chaos of meaningless phrases.

Does a tennis ball accidentally clipping the net ( but still getting me the point) result in any of the above? No. I know this becuase I've done it before, which is why I used the example. We've all done unintentional actions, and I'm sure many have never resulted in chaos. My three hypothetical examples, as well as common sense, are proof enough that not all unintentional actions result in chaos. Case closed, voters please vote.
Vote Placed by tejretics 2 years ago
tejretics
vi_spexKinryuTied
Reasons for voting decision: Via. Russell's teapot, the BoP was on Pro; Pro did not fulfill their BoP and denied the definitions without *any* semantic assertions. Con constructed a negative case which Pro was not able to rebut. Pro had no punctuation. Con used the only sources in the debate.