Oregonpk
frozen_eclipse

rap has the best lyrics is American music culture

frozen_eclipse

Oregonpk

Pro

I am not here to say that rap is the best form of music, I am saying that rap has the best lyrics when it comes creativity(similes,metaphors) and content such as social issues(talking about politics,religion etc) or every day problems such as (relationships,depression etc)

who ever is con must support the other forms of music that is popular in America such as country,rock,pop etc, and prove that those forms of music have better lyrics when it comes to creativity with the words and the content of the words

please stick to music that is popular in the united states but you can use music that is not from America as long as it has a large following here. for example punk which has allot a bands outside the U.S but still have a large following(ramones,clash,iron maiden etc)

also I've noticed on this site people tend to separate hip hop and rap, because I am not sure which artists you may put under the category of rap and which you would put under hip hop I will be putting both under the same category of rap.

I would like to also add that I am not saying all rappers are creative and have content when it comes to lyrics, but that rap in general does
frozen_eclipse

Con

I accept. Though rap artist's may be very creative I will argue that heavy metal, and some other genres have better lyrics.

sense my opponent posted no structure for this debate I will enact my liberty to do so.

1-acceptance
2-positions, One sad song
3-rebuttals, one happy song
4-summarization

Lets have some fun shall we.
Oregonpk

Pro

sorry for not setting a structure for the debate I'm new to this. I would like to thank my opponent for accepting this challenge. Also i confused about the rebuttal, in it are we supposed to be saying why are song is better or why the other persons song is not as good as ares?

OK lets get started. for my sad song i will be using kid cudi's song "soundtrack 2 my life" i will be breaking down it's lyrics to help prove why it's lyrics make it make it better then the lyrics of sad songs you would find in other genera's

"I got 99 problems and they all b**ches" the opening line of the song which is a play on the words from jay-z's song "99 problems". with cudi'sline he is saying i have 99 problems and they are with relationships.

"I wish I was Jigga Man, carefree living" this is the next line in the song. he's saying he wishes his life was more like jay-z's aka"jigga" because he believes jay-z's life does not have the same amount of stress that cudi has

"But I'm not Shawn or Martin Louis I'm a Cleveland ni**a rolling with them Brooklyn boys" he's saying he is not jay-z(real name Shawn) and he's not kanye west who once reffurd to him self as "martin Louis the king Jr" he's saying he's just a guy from Cleveland chilling with people from new york

"You know how it be when you start living large I control my own life, Charles was never in charge No sitcom could teach Scott about the drama" he's saying he's living big trying to keep control his life but nothing could have prepared him for it

"Or even explain the troubles that haunted my mom On Christmas time, my mom Christmas grind Got me most of what I wanted, how'd you do it mom, huh?" here he is curious as to how with all the troubles his mom had how did she manage to get cudi the things he wanted for Christmas

"She copped the toys I would play with in my room by myself, why he by himself?" here he is saying his mother would get toys that would make other kids want to play with her son but he still plays by him self

"He got two older brothers, one hood, one good An independent older sister got me fly when she could" here he talks about the rest of his family on brother who is a good role model and the other who is the opposite and seems to get into trouble, and his sister who's busy but would still try to help him

"But they all didn't see, the little bit of sadness in me, Scotty" but non of them could see the sadness inside of him

[chorus]

i will brake down the chorus once but still post when the song goes back to the chorus

"Ive got some issues that nobody can see And all of these emotions are pouring out of me I bring them to the light for you, It's only right, This is the soundtrack to my life, the soundtrack to my life" here he's saying he got emotions he's kept bottled up inside and now they are starting to become to much and pour out of him and now he's trying to show people his emotions so they can better understand him

"I'm super paranoid, like a 6th sense, Since my father died, I ain't been right since" here he's saying the death of his father has made him so paranoid its almost become like a 6th sense to him because of this his mind hasn't been"right" since the loss of his father

"And I tried to piece the puzzle of the universe, Split an eighth of shrooms just so I could see the universe" now he's talking about experimenting with drugs to help him figure out the world

"I tried to think about myself as a sacrifice, Just to show the kids they ain't the only ones who up at night" he's trying to become more relatble to his audience to show they arnt alone in their struggle

"The moon will illuminate my room and soon I'm consumed by my doom" he's talking about how once night comes and he starts to think and he becomes trapt in his mind

"So now I'm in the cut, alcohol in the wound,My hearts an open sore that I hope heals soon" so now his heart is an open sore and he's using alcohol to heal his pain like using rubbing alcohol on a scrapped knee

"I live in a cocoon opposite of Cancun, Where it is never sunny, the dark side of the moon" he's saying he's saying his life is the opposite of a party life style. Cancun is a happy party place filled with people but his life is like a cocoon all by him self sucluded and never seen like the dark side of the moon

"So it's more than life, I try to shed some light on a man, Not many people of this planet understand" he's trying to shed light on his life but even by doing so not many people will understand him

[chorus]

"It's close to go and trying some coke, And a happy ending is slitting my throat" saying his depression is getting so bad that to achieve happiness he might try harder drugs or ending his life is the only way to achieve happiness

"Ignorance the coke man, Ignorance is bliss, Ignorance is love, and I need that s**t" saying just like how you need ignorance of what your doing to people if you deal drugs, or ignorance is the only way to be happy, he is saying ignorance is love but he needs love

"If I never did shows, then I'd probably be a myth, If I cared about the blogs, then I'd probably be a jacka**" because most rappers are not like kid cudi most rappers do not express emotion the way he does so he's saying if he never did shows no one would believe he's real, he also talks about if he spent his time reading blogs criticizing him he would become bitter

"Don't give a s**t what people talkin' bout fam, Haters shake my hand but I keep the sanitizer on deck" he's saying he refuse to give his critics the satisfaction of bringing him down

"Hope I really get to see 30, Wanna settle down, stop being so flirty" with his life style he hopes he can make it to 30 and by then wants to stop fooling around and finally be settled down with a women

"Most of the clean faces be the most dirty, I just need a thoroughbred, cook when I'm hungry, A** all chunky, brain is insanity" he's saying the people that come off as prefect are the ones that stab you in the back, he's look for a women who would not do that to him

"Only things that calm me down, pu**y and some Cali trees And I get both, never truly satisfied" he's saying no matter how much weed or women it only numbs the pain but never makes him happy.

"I am happy, that's just the saddest lie" to say he's happy is so antithetical to how he really feels that it depressing to even say it

[chorus]

i picked this song because when it comes to being sad its about as sad as you can get. A man talking about how he has always been alone his whole life, how he feels the need to turn to drugs to have any happiness in his life, how the only way he can find love is to be ignorant about who that person really is, he expresses his emotions in such great detail you can feel exactly how this man is really feeling. i feel it's these types of lyrics are part of what makes hip hop/rap better then other genera's when it comes to lyrics

here is my source foor the lyrics http://www.azlyrics.com...
frozen_eclipse

Con

Yes, you pretty much got it right.

Let me first make it clear that this is not about which song sounds better, its more about witch lyrics are better and makes a larger impact reflecting the type specified for the round.Now this is from my favorite band slipknot there the most creative band ive ever heard. I wont break down the song because im sure everyone can read and think. So i will let the voters form there own opinions of the songs lyrics.

This song is the vius of life by slipknot.

I can see you but you can't see me
I could touch you and you wouldn't even feel me
Wait a second and you'll settle down
I'm just waiting, 'til you really let your guard down
You're relaxed, you're sublime, you're amazing
You don't even know the danger you're facing
If I'm quiet, I'll slide up behind you
And if you hear me I'll enjoy trying to find you

I've been with you all day
I'm trying to stay calm
I'm impatient and it's really hard to breathe
I'm going to empty you and fill you in with me

Just keep the violence down
Not yet - don't make a sound
Oh God I'm feeling it
It's reaching fever pitch
My skin is caving in
My heart is driving out
No mercy, no remorse
Let nature take its course

Watching - Bring me to my knees
waiting - I am your disease
Lover - set my symptom free
Covered - You can't stop me

(shh, wait, shh, no, wait, wait, no, shh, wait, wait, not yet, no, wait, wait)

I'm sweating through my veins
I'm trying to hold on
It's unbearable, it's almost worse for me
I'm gonna tear you apart and make you see
MAKE YOU SEE!

Watching - Bring me to my knees
waiting - I am your disease
Lover - set my symptom free
Covered - you can't stop me

This is the virus
THE VIRUS OF LIFE
This is inside us
The crisis, the knife
This is the virus
The virus of life
This is inside us
The crisis, the knife

It's almost time to play
It's time to be afraid
I can't control the pain
I can't control in vain
Oh God I'm ready now
You're almost ready now
I'm gonna love you now
I'm gonna break you down
I see you in the dark
I see you all the way
I see you in the light
I see you plain as day
I wanna touch your face
I wanna touch your soul
I wanna wear your face
I WANNA BREAK IT ALL!

Watching - Bring me to my knees
waiting - I am your disease
Lover - set my symptom free
Covered - You can't love me

This is the virus, the virus of life
This is inside us, the virus of life
This is the virus, the virus of life
This is inside us, the virus of life

THIS IS THE VIRUS, THE VIRUS OF LIFE!
THIS IS THE VIRUS, THE VIRUS OF LIFE!
THIS IS THE VIRUS, THE VIRUS OF LIFE!
THIS IS THE VIRUS, THE VIRUS OF LIFE!

This next song is from the civil wars it's called falling.

Haven't you seen me sleep walking?
'Cause I've been holding your hand
Haven't you noticed me drifting?
Oh, let me tell you, I am

Tell me it's nothing
Try to convince me
That I'm not drowning
Oh let me tell you, I am

Please, please tell me you know
I've got to let you go
I can't help falling
Out of love with you

Why am I feeling so guilty?
Why am I holding my breath?
Worry 'bout everyone but me
I just keep losing myself

Tell me it's nothing
Try to convince me
That I'm not drowning
Oh let me tell you, I am

Please, please tell me you know
I've got to let you go
I can't help falling
Out of love with you

Won't you read my mind?
Don't you let me lie here
And die here

Please, please tell me you know
I've got to let you go
I can't help falling
Out of love with you

Haven't you noticed?
I'm sleepwalking

Oregonpk

Pro

First I would like to say my reason for breaking down the song was to make sure that me my opponent and the voters are on the same page about the song. I am sure we can agree that the lyrics and meaning in a song can be viewed differently depending on the listener. I am trying to make sure that my opponent and the voters can see my reasons for why I would pick the song and why I would feel it's lyrics are better then others found in other genera's. That is why I broke down the lyrics for my first song and why I will for my next. It is not not because think the readers can't "read or think" like my opponent rudely put it

my oppenets first song is "the virus of life" by slipknot. the song seems to be about the virus inside him. the virus seems to be a metaphor for love. this virus gives him feelings that bring out his dark side, at the beginning of the song he appears to be sain and likes this women saying she's amazing, and because he likes her he trys to suppress these feelings "I've been with you all day I'm trying to stay calm I'm impatient and it's really hard to breathe" because he knows that if he lets the virus consume him he will become more violent and want to "break" this women and have the virus infect her to and bring her down to his level

The first problem with the songs lyrics is they are to vague. is this virus love? like the way I saw it or is this virus him? like a split personality is this a side of him that he hides from the world and he knows will come out no matter what. is this song just a story of one experience with this other side of him. or maybe this virus is in all of us, maybe this is referring to the demons in all of us and he has so many he cant hide them so he try's to bring her demons out as well so he doesn't appear to be as bad of a guy. Because the lyrics are to vague it doesn't have as much of an impact. you can never feel the full impact of a song, and while a slipknot fan maybe able to know exactly know what he's talking about the casual listener can easily get lost in trying to figure out the songs meaning and there for not get the full impact of the songs emotion

The second problem with the song is it is not necessaries relatable to a listener. if my interpretation of the song is correct then the feelings he gets when in love are definitely relatable to the average listener. when people are in love the describe feelings of happiness,fulfillment, etc. but this artist is describing feelings of anger. he describes it as a knife and while being be trade by some one if love can easily be described as a knife. most people would not describe love as the feeling of a knife. because these lyrics are not relatable to the average person the song loses its meaning. if the listener can not connect if they can not relate

the third problem is there is no attempt to have the listener to be able to relate. the lyricists explanation as to why these emotions come up in the first place. for example there's no line saying maybe an ex cheated so now how's become bitter and angry towards these feelings. if there had been an explanation then the listener could have been able to relate. the listener would be able to put them self's in there shoes and see why the artist would feel that way, but because there is no explanation the listener is left to wonder why he would feel this way and so the song loses mean.

with my rap song the artist describes his past and present to help to the listener be able to understand the way he feels. he uses similes to describe his emotion to help the listener feel what he is feeling to deepen the impact of his words. for these reasons my sad song compared to his has better lyrics because there is no misunderstanding you know what exactly what he is talking about. with my artist song there is no lack of connection because my artist make sure to use words to help us under stand his emotion and there for feel his emotion.

I will not address the second song because we had agreed to just one sad song in round two. thus making his second song irrelevant

now this is my happy song. "celebrate" by common
[Hook]
"Everybody home, ain't nobody gone
And I got all my people around
It feel good, don't it? Getting hood on it
And I got all my people around
I got a couple minutes in town
A couple hundred models around
So baby gonna get us a round
Cause I got all my people around
Celebrate"
in the chorus he is talking about how he is back home with all the people that love and care about him, with the little amount of time he has in his life he wants to celebrate the fact he's back with the people he loves
[Verse 1]
"We partying, yeah got body in
Exotic broads lobbying, Spanish, Somalian"

talking about the beautiful women he is partying with
"Fly, we live it 'til we die
We living in the night, toast looking in her eye
On our paper 'til we get it like Dubai"

here he is talking about getting money and celebrating like their in the Arab city of Dubai which is known for it's riches

"Chi ni**as stand up, plastic cups
Girls with the drastic butts, that ask for bucks
It don't stop here"

Telling his people from Chicago to raise there cups celebrate and ignore the women who are only after money

"Bottles of Veuve pop here
And we gonna get around like 2Pac's here
Celebrate like it's new year
Some bomb rocks coming, type nuclear
Yeah, it's so ridiculo
Lit the medicinal, passed it give-and-go
Backwards liquor store
Celebrate"

he's saying drink the champagne, party like its new years with the pretty girls pass the weed like it's a basketball. it's getting crazy so celebrate. also the second line is a reference to 2pac's famous song "I get around"
[Hook]

[Verse 2]
"In my Paul Smith like an alcoholic"

Paul smith is a type of clothing and also a famous indie rocker who was a known drunk

"My guys I used to hoop with, is now who I ball with
This raw b**ch came in looking flawless"
"Tonight she'll be giving conscious, headlights!"
he's saying the people who have been friends with him his whole life are now living the life he lives.
common is know as a conscious rapper who's know to show respect for women. so he's joking about that by saying a girl is giving a conscious rapper oral sex

"Beaming from the Beemer that her momma bought her
I got to act right for her like I'm an author"

it's a play on the right/write homophone because common is a author and a actor so he's trying to be polite to the good looking girl with the good car

"Look where drama brought us, look where karma brought us
Married to the game, like Usher we was caught up
Now we got some R&B broads we can call up
You ni**as come around keep the wall up
Smoke blowing out thinking of tomorrow and the simple things
Hustlas from the go, how far we done came
Celebrate"

karma and drama got him caught up caught up in hip hop and he's never left it like he's married to it. because he's been in hip hop for he's got connection with famous r&b women he can invite to the party, and while there's people dreaming about what the could be the people who are living their dreams are celebrating

[Hook]

[Verse 3]
"Ah, another night, we love the night
For the life, getting bugged tonight
Wait 'til I get my money right
Told you it's gonna be on like the Benzes that we lean on
Put my team on, get our heat on
Ah, I knew her when she strip, her name was Chardonnay
My ni**as move work even on a holiday
We come from porches and alleyways
I'm the big ticket, don't need no one to validate
You celebrate"

it's time for his friends and family who don't have his type of money to celebrate like they do. he's giving them the chance to take a break from life and just have fun

[Hook]

I got the lyrics from http://www.killerhiphop.com...

I would have gone more in depth with the lyrics but I ran out of characters
frozen_eclipse

Con

If my opponent thinks I was being rude, it wasn't intended to be a rude comment but if you take that way then I will apologize. Also I completely forgot that we can only post one song per round. So I ask the voters not to consider the song falling by civil wars to make this fair.

Now about explaining he lyrics. I originally didnt want to summarize the lyrics because I wanted the lyrics and music to speak for themselves because it really doesnt matter what I think about the music it doesnt really change if a person will like the lyrics or sound of the song. Ones opinion probroly will be the same regardless. Since my opponent seems to misunderstand the song I posted I will explain the song for clarity's sake.

Slipknots lyrics are very complex. They have very deep meanings in there lyrics and have the most exotic songs I've ever heard. My opponent says the lyrics are complex. He's right there lyrical masters. I've listened to this song over and over. One of my favorites by slipknot. This song goes beyond death, and stalking, and rape. This song is about something most people can't even imagine to know about. The song is about that voice inside of us, the voice that tells us to do bad things, the voice that makes rage come out from inside. The voice of evil. It's always waiting to come to surface, it's always watching, and waiting for the right time to take over. Its sad because we constantly have to battle evil and rage witch is the virus of life that continues to create new viruses. In this situation his evil was wanting to rape and kill a girl he was obsessed with. It was sad that the girl died and that some humans cant control there evil inside. Take my words into account the next time you listen to the song. Maybe it'll make sense to you too.

I also want to put out that he loved the girl to the point that he became obsessed. We all become obsessed with someone we love right. But some people cant control there obsessions and do extreme things. Also love can be described as a knife. Love can make someone happy as well as cause one or others to die because of it. It cold be argued that it is love that can bring out the evil in us. Think about it people do crazy things when in love. Yes, my artists lyrics are complex. This is a good thing. Instead of the same old tired easy songs we hear on the radio slipknot makes you think on a deep intellectual level. Witch is why slipknot is the best band ever......http://musicouch.com...

http://rockdirt.com...

As we can see there is much more emotion in my song. My song has deep intellectual lyrics. If you want simplicity listen to that stupid Friday song that many people wanted to kill themselves over....

You Rock My World lyrics by Michael jackson ( yes i played the MJ card.)
Ho...oh...

My life will never be the same
'Cause girl, you came and changed
The way I walk
The way I talk

I cannot explain the things I feel for you
But girl, you know it's true
Stay with me, fulfill my dreams
And I'll be all you'll need

Oh, oh, oh, oh, ooh, feels so right (Girl)
I've searched for the perfect love all my life (All my
life)
Oh, oh, oh, oh, ooh, feels like I (Like I)
Have finally found her perfect love is mine (See, I
finally found, come on, girl)

You rocked my world you know you did
And everything I own I give (You rocked my world)
The rarest love, who'd think I find
Someone like you to call mine (You rocked my world)

You rocked my world you know you did (Girl)
And everything I own I give (I want you, girl)
The rarest love, who'd think I find

some time I knew that love would bring
This happiness to me
I tried to keep my sanity
I waited patiently

Girl, you know it seems
My life is so complete
our love that's true because of you
are doing what you do

Oh, oh, oh, oh, who'd think that I (Oh)
Have finally found the perfect love I searched for all
my life (Searched for all my life)
Oh, oh, oh, oh, who'd think I'd find
(Whoa...oh...oh...)
Such a perfect love that's awesomely so right (Whoa, girl)

You rocked my world you know you did (Come on, come
on, come on, come on)
And everything I own I give
The rarest love, who'd think I find

You rocked my world (You rocked my world), you know
you did
And everything I own I give (Girl, girl, girl)
The rarest love, who'd think I find
[ From: http://www.elyrics.net... ]

You rocked my world, you know you did (Oh)
The rarest love, who'd think I find

You rocked my world (Oh...), you know you did
And everything I own I give (To rock my world)
The rarest love, who'd think I find

Girl, I know that this is love
I felt the magic all in the air
And girl, I'll never get enough
That's why I always have to have you here, hoo

you did
And everything I own I give (Look what you did to
me, baby, yeah)
The rarest love, who'd think I find

You rocked my world, you know you did (Know you did,
baby)
And everything I own I give ('Cause you rocked my
world)
The rarest love, who'd think I find
Someone like you to call mine

(You rocked my world)
You rocked my world, you know you did
(The way you talk to me, the way you're lovin' me)
(The way you give it to me)

You rocked my world, you know you did
(Give it to me)
(Yeah, yeah, yeah...yeah...ooh)
you did
(You rocked my world, you rocked my world)

(Come on, girl) You rocked my world (Come on, girl),
you know you did
(Baby, baby, baby)
And everything I own I give
The rarest love, who'd think I find
Someone like you to call mine

You rocked my world, you know you did
And everything I own I give
The rarest love, who'd think I find
Someone like you to call mine.

This song is by the king of pop. Let me first say that a song involving love can still be a happy song. As we see in this song love is making him so happy and he will give his love anything. He searched for love all his life and know he is happy. This song is great for any occasion.
Oregonpk

Pro

First I would like to let the voters know that me and my opponent both have agreed to now do one love song in the fourth round followed by are summary. to see this check the comment section of this debate. also I accept my opponents apology. I took his comment as an attempt to discredit what I was trying to do by breaking down the lyrics, I thought my opponent was trying to implie I would think the voters would be to dumb to understand the song , but now I see that was not his intent.

for my love song I will use "out of my head" by Lupe fiasco featuring try songz

[Hook: Trey Songz]
"Girl I want you to know (whoo)
I can't get you out of my head
My head my head (naawww)
Girl I want you to know
I don't even know what you did
You did you did
But I love it"

here he is saying that he doesn't know why this girl is always in his head but he doesn't care because with this girl always stuck in his head he is always happy

[Verse 1: Lupe Fiasco]
"Uh Uh
Everything hooks
Everything works, you're a real good cause
I'm a real good verse, freestyle unrehearsed
So clean no curse
And when the song's gone man everything hurts
So I put it in reverse
Go back to the scene where I seen you first
Yeah, I need you to sing that single again
Play that video I seen you up in
A hundred million scenes in my mind all day
Call in and request on the line always
Yeah, the president of your fan club
Leave them players all behind like a bad love"

in verse 1 Lupe is comparing this girl to a catchy song, because like a catchy song she's always stuck in his song, like a catchy song he's always wanting more he's such a fan he becomes her number one fan basically saying he loves her more then any one else. He's saying she's the lead singer of the band and cheaters are just the rest of the band so like a singer she should be in front and put the band(the cheaters) behind her

[Hook: Trey Songz]

[Verse 2: Lupe Fiasco]
"Playa need a minute
Like a time out in tennis 'for I finish
How'd I get in this
Maybe 'was your hair, maybe 'was your flair
Maybe it's the heels and the way you wear
Maybe it's your real and the way you care
You don't care if I'm ill or a millionaire
The only thing that matters that the feeling's there
Your smile is so bright it's like a grills in there
High off life, don't need a pill in there (nah)
You're killing me, I think I need a will in here
Got me feeling real skills impaired
Hard to describe why you're still in here"

now he's trying to figure out why he is so obsessed with this girl. Is it this girls smile, hair, the way she dresses, is it because she loves him not for his money or his looks but for his personality. What ever the reason he has now found him self so obsessed he's not acting himself. he finds him self at a loss for words

[Hook: Trey Songz]

[Bridge: Trey Songz & Lupe Fiasco]
Don't care what nobody say
Cause I like it girl
Might go crazy try'na figure this out love (but I like it girl)
Don't even know why I feel this way
Cause I like it girl
Caught up in something that I can't get out of (but we like it girl)

here he is saying that while others may judge him he doesn't care that people might judge him he's in love and that's all that matters, and even if he goes insane always thinking about this girl to him it's worth it

[Hook: Trey Songz]

I got the song lyrics from http://www.azlyrics.com...

summarization:

I opened by saying that my argument was not that rap was the best genera of music but had the best lyrics found in any genera. In the second round for my first song I used the sad song "sound track 2 my life" by kid cudi and broke down it's lyrics. In the third round I gave my reasons as to why my opponents song did not have the same amount of lyricism as my song. Then I broke down the lyrics to the happy song "celebrate" by common. For the final round I used the love song "out of my head" by Lupe fiasco.

I used these songs to help prove my point that rap has the best lyrics in music. each of these song use creative similes and metaphors to help express emotion in such a way that you can't find the same quality of lyricism in other genera's of music
frozen_eclipse

Con

Here is a pretty good love song by adele

"Set Fire To The Rain"

I let it fall, my heart,
And as it fell you rose to claim it
It was dark and I was over
Until you kissed my lips and you saved me

My hands, they're strong
But my knees were far too weak,
To stand in your arms
Without falling to your feet

But there's a side to you
That I never knew, never knew.
All the things you'd say
They were never true, never true,
And the games you play
You would always win, always win.

[Chorus:]
But I set fire to the rain,
Watched it pour as I touched your face,
Well, it burned while I cried
'Cause I heard it screaming out your name, your name!

When I lay with you
I could stay there
Close my eyes
Feel you here forever
You and me together
Nothing is better

'Cause there's a side to you
That I never knew, never knew,
All the things you'd say,
They were never true, never true,
And the games you play
You would always win, always win.

[Chorus:]
But I set fire to the rain,
Watched it pour as I touched your face,
Well, it burned while I cried

I set fire to the rain
And I threw us into the flames
Where it felt something die
'Cause I knew that that was the last time, the last time!

Sometimes I wake up by the door,
That heart you caught must be waiting for you
Even now when we're already over
I can't help myself from looking for you.

[Chorus:]
I set fire to the rain,
Watched it pour as I touched your face,
Well, it burned while I cried
'Cause I heard it screaming out your name, your name

I set fire to the rain,
And I threw us into the flames
Where it felt something die
'Cause I knew that that was the last time, the last time, ohhhh!

Oh noooo
Let it burn, oh
Let it burn
Let it burn

Conclusive statement

My opponent has stated that rap has better lyrics. I have proven this claim false with the art of Slipknot- the virus of life, Micheal jackson- you rock my world,And lastly the artwork of adele-set fire to the rain witch poentialy was the best song of the year. I have give very exotic lyrics witch is affirmedby my opponent geting confused by the depth of slipknot. No ones music can match micheal jason, And adele is a lyrical genius of potentialy al pop music. I believe that con should win this debate because i have proven that the rap genre doesnt have the best lyrics or songs.
Posted by frozen_eclipse 5 years ago
frozen_eclipse
lol
Posted by TheDiabolicDebater 5 years ago
TheDiabolicDebater
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHa.
Posted by frozen_eclipse 5 years ago
frozen_eclipse
ok great, If you can let voters know we agreed on this. Just tell them to refer to comments section for evidence.
Posted by Oregonpk 5 years ago
Oregonpk
ok. round four will be one love song, and summarization
Posted by frozen_eclipse 5 years ago
frozen_eclipse
I say we make a revision and post one more love song for final round. What do you think?
Posted by MouthWash 5 years ago
MouthWash
Not even a contest. A lot of rap today is pretty bad, but I've heard some unbelievable lyrics from the genre. Still I'll be interested to see Con's argument.
Posted by frozen_eclipse 5 years ago
frozen_eclipse
by the way i listen to rap too.....but slipknot over everything....lol
Vote Placed by whyt3nn3rdy 5 years ago
whyt3nn3rdy
Oregonpkfrozen_eclipseTied
Reasons for voting decision: Much better args.
Vote Placed by 1dustpelt 5 years ago
1dustpelt
Oregonpkfrozen_eclipseTied
Reasons for voting decision: lol, con proved pro false and had better choices.