frankbonn
GildedBindings

"rape" to be or not to be a gender-specific offence

frankbonn

Pro

rape is a gender specific offence and it is mostly commited by men against women.
GildedBindings

Con

To begin, I'd like to clear the air. I do not support rape or any other acts of sexual violence and the like. My sole purpose in this debate is to prove the resolution incorrect, and the Pro team has defined the resolution as:

-rape to be or not to be a gender-specific offense

My opponent has taken the 'Pro' stance, stating that rape is a gender specific offense. In this debate, I will prove why rape is not a gender specific offense.

1-Providing a Definition.

Source: http://www.fbi.gov...

Excerpt-
The old definition was "The carnal knowledge of a female forcibly and against her will." Many agencies interpreted this definition as excluding a long list of sex offenses that are criminal in most jurisdictions, such as offenses involving oral or anal penetration, penetration with objects, and rapes of males.
The new Summary definition of Rape is: "Penetration, no matter how slight, of the vagina or anus with any body part or object, or oral penetration by a sex organ of another person, without the consent of the victim."

Argument-
It is only logical to look to an anti-crime organization such as the FBI for the definition of the word rape. As can be seen here, rape no longer just contains forcible sexual activity against females, but penetration of the vagina, the ANUS, or the MOUTH by another PERSON without victim consent.
Obviously, this shows that rape is already defined as not being gender specific, allowing for both women and men to be either the rapist or the rape victim.

2- History

Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

Excerpt 1-
A Seattle prosecutor has charged 26-year-old Chantae Gilman with second-degree rape after a man reportedly awoke from a deep sleep and found her on top of him in his bed.

Excerpt 2-
"From a statistical standpoint, yes, it is atypical to have a female aggressor," SPD Det. Drew Fowler told the station. "But we work to hold all people responsible for their actions. The law is specifically written to be gender-equitable and we will charge anybody with a crime that they've committed."

Argument-
Here we have a female being charged with rape of a male. Det. Drew Fowler even specifically stated that the law is "written to be gender-equitable." That in itself also supports the fact that rape is not gender specific.

3- Adressing my Opponent
My opponent has stated that most rape victims are women who have been raped by men. I would like to point out that even if this is true, it doesn't support the resolution provided because it doesn't prove that rape is gender specific, but that rape is generally carried out by man. Their use of the word "mostly" also shows that they acknowledge the fact that all rapes aren't only man onto women, but that most rapes are man on woman, meaning that my opponent fundamentally agrees that rape is not a gender specific offense.

Conclusion-
As you can see, I have provided evidence and definitions to prove that rape is not a gender specific offense and I have even shown that my opponent agrees with my points.

With that said, I strongly urge your vote for the Con side of this debate.
frankbonn

Pro

frankbonn forfeited this round.
GildedBindings

Con

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh............
So yeah, that happened...
Anyway, my opponent has effectively forfeited the previous round sooooooooooooooo I really have nothing to say here, I guess since my opponent failed the deadline period that they also consider rape a non-gender specific offense, along with myself and the CIA? Or was it the FBI... I think it was the FBI- yeah it was the FBI.

Anyway, I we can conclude that rape is not gender specific and get back to our lives knowing that bit of information now. Deuces.
frankbonn

Pro

frankbonn forfeited this round.
GildedBindings

Con

So it appears that my opponent will not be returning. Oh well. Looks like I win, seeing as my points remain unaddressed.