Liberals
NevilleLongbutton

're: is swearing bad?

Liberals

Con

Why do you think that swearing is bad? Because it isn't.
NevilleLongbutton

Pro

With the sources of my profile picture, it's obvious I agree halfway. Swearing is to cuss, or make a bound promise. If you simply say the word "F***!" while in pain etc., it's somewhat akin to an instinct cry. This is hardly anything to make a deal over, in my opinion. But if you purposefully state to someone that they are a "B****," or more, then it's understandable to find that rude. As long as it isn't directed towards someone or their opinions/works, I think swearing is perfectly fine. It's just some people more prone to take offense can, in their view, see that as wrong. Otherwise, it really shouldn't be that big of a deal.
Liberals

Con

haha, Actually, I totally agree. I probably should have stated this earlier, but using it as an insult is still an insult. But most people hate it. Like if I fall at school and say, "S***!" Then they yell at me for how "inappropriate" it is, when really, there are kids getting bullied behind you back, and you should be yelling at them! Even if you say something like "F*** The System!" It's not bad because your not insulting anyone in particular.
NevilleLongbutton

Pro

The power of words is taken for granted a lot, excluding cussing so I think that might be one reason people hate such a simple word as those, because they're not used to it or weren't expecting it to appear in a certain situation. Regardless, we're both correct, we just have to keep the cussing to a minimum of coffee table shin hits and door step toe stubs. It doesn't even have to be pain of course, but hurtling a bunch of words taken as rude toward someone is understandably not cool. X3 So, problem solved simply-- Cussing is halfly ok.
Liberals

Con

Alright, it's solved.
NevilleLongbutton

Pro

NevilleLongbutton forfeited this round.
Liberals

Con

Liberals forfeited this round.
NevilleLongbutton

Pro

NevilleLongbutton forfeited this round.
Liberals

Con

Liberals forfeited this round.
NevilleLongbutton

Pro

NevilleLongbutton forfeited this round.
Posted by comegys59 2 years ago
comegys59
I don't think swearings bad. Especially if you're a adult but in retrospect I don't think little children should be throwing around curse words. I do think adults should be a good role model around children and use positive language while around them. After all, you don't want your 6 year old going to school cussing out the teacher.