vi_spex
codfish

reality is a loop of 1 second looping now

vi_spex

vi_spex

Pro

reality is now, not was or will be

if you Count 1... 2.... 3.... you can remember the start of the Count, but not counting anything specifik its like counting 1.... 1..... 1... and everytime you Count 1, a true second is looping. it only takes about 1 second for me to say and you to comprehend the Word now... now..... now.....

i am sure i am experiencing 1 true second when i count
codfish

Con

Good day, Pro. This is my first debate on this site. Thank you for a fun argument to help me get to know the place.
Since there are 5 rounds, I will use this first one just to sum up my argument.
Time is intrinsically related to the three spatial dimensions, and any change in the location of matter or energy represents a change in time, making each second measurably distinct from the second before it whether from the perspective of a human mind or on paper. Any measurable difference between two different seconds makes them not the same second.
If each second is a repetition of the second before it, then sequence of the seconds should not matter. I would argue that the sequence of time does matter.
A second can be reduced to smaller units of time, so it cannot be perceived as the smallest unit. If seconds are on repeat, then the smaller units must be as well. They are not.
Since the main question says "reality" I will assume you do not think this phenomenon is limited only to counting to 3 but applies to all of space-time.
vi_spex

Pro

change is time

matter=Space+time

Water=Space+time
like when i get out of Water time speeds up, in that i move faster

no its the same second looping, even thou you remember the start of the Count if you Count 1 second.. 2 second.. 3 second.. you might as well Count 1 second... 1 second... 1 second.. there is no beginning of the thng you are counting

only now is matter, only the time of now is real, future and past is no time, but my experience of time passing by might be information, memory..

you can not reduce matter so you can not reduce time, if by reduction you mean some kind of destruction of it
codfish

Con

codfish forfeited this round.
vi_spex

Pro

vi_spex forfeited this round.
codfish

Con

codfish forfeited this round.
vi_spex

Pro

vi_spex forfeited this round.
codfish

Con

codfish forfeited this round.
vi_spex

Pro

vi_spex forfeited this round.
codfish

Con

codfish forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by Midnight1131 1 year ago
Midnight1131
vi_spexcodfishTied
Reasons for voting decision: Both sides forfeited, but Con forfeited 1 more round than Pro did, so this point goes to Pro. RIP Vi_Spex, we miss you.