HamzaNaseer
Skept

reason provides us with absolute truths

HamzaNaseer has forfeited round #3.

HamzaNaseer

Pro

Reason exists in all people.
Reason can be used by all people.
Reason came about through evolution, therefore, some are more reasonable than others.
Among people with equal ability of reasoning, different conclusions can be drawn.
Those who have equal ability of reasoning but draw different conclusions indicate that some of them used reason inefficiently.
This is because reason can create certain maxims of logic that are essential for drawing conclusions.
Those who violate this can never know absolute truth, and therefore, used reason inefficiently.
Those who reach conclusions not in violation of those certain maxims of logic are holders of absolute truth.
Therefore, if reason is utilized efficiently, then absolute truth can be gained.
Skept

Con

How can you prove your opinion(reason provides us with absolute truth) 'by reason'?

If your opinion is true, that must be proved by reason.
HamzaNaseer

Pro

I can prove it because people used certain maxims of logic to be used by me before I came along through the use of reason. And these certain maxims corresponded with our method of thinking i.e. our method of utilizing reason. Since that correspondence exists, one can say for certain they have their used reason, and if the conclusion of their reason is within those maxims of logic, then one has reached a conclusion that is true. (Or "valid" to use the proper philosophical term.)
These maxims of logic are those that tell us whether an argument is valid or sound and what is the difference between them and so on.
Since I have used them (as I clearly show above in my previous argument) to arrive the conclusion which I have arrived at, then I can say for certain that absolute truth does exist.
Skept

Con

You said that you can prove 'your opinion' on these assumptions.

(1) People used certain maxims of logic
-
How can this premise derive 'your opinion'?
If people used the car, Could car provides absolute truth?

(2) These certain maxims corresponded with our method of thinking (our method of utilizing reason)
-
Ambiguous thinking is also our way of thinking.
If your reasoning is valid, Irrational thinking also provides absolute truth.

(3) Since that correspondence exists, one can say for certain they have their used reason.
-
What 'correspondence' are you saying?
Premise (1), and (2) are inconsistent, and 'your opinion' is inconsistent with each proposition.

The truthful premise and valid form of argument derive the correct conclusion.
For example, All people are mortal, Socrates is a person. Therefore, Socrates is mortal.
Your premise was proved to be false (proposition 3), and your form of arguments are invalid (1, 2).

What's the 'reason' you are saying?
Your thought that 'I used reason' does not mean you seriously used reason.
To reveal the truth, Reasoning has to be the objective process.
Logic helps that.
Posted by canis 8 months ago
canis
Eating dirt provides the worm with absolute truth.. No reason is nessesary.