I think that everyone should recycle be if they did we most likely wouldn't live in a dip hole and kill every other town

Just recycling wouldn't fix the entire "environmental issue" that we face here today. The town I currently live in has a policy where you are basically forced to recycle or suffer fees. We started this policy about three years ago, enough to start to see changes. Or so I thought. There has been no visible change in the overall look or environment of my town. You can also look at large cities like Boston, NYC and Los Angles that have similar policies. there is no change in appearance. Which seems to be my opponent's argument.

Also let us just look and see what would happen if America as a whole enacted a similar policy countrywide. Sure it may be cleaner here in America, however we are not the only nation in the world. Even if America went green on every front; electric cars only, solar energy, required recycling, etc. There wouldn't be a significant change in the world's pollution problem. There are a lot of countries who are a lot more polluted and dirty then the US. Just take a look at China and India. They have a lot of pollution problems and the overall appearance wouldn't change with just recycling.

My main argument my sometimes be lost in my short tangents. What I am trying to say is that just recycling would not really have an effect on our "environmental issue."