Extralulu12
mfigurski80

regligion

mfigurski80 has forfeited round #4.

Extralulu12

Con

should people put people in religions or treat people bad beacsue of their religion
mfigurski80

Pro

I accept, assuming BoP is shared.

My position is as follows: yes, people should put people in religions or treat people bad beacsue of their religion. (sic)

Religion - the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power (google)

First Argument

I think we should put people in religions (convert them). But why, some say, total religious conversion? Why choose this as our goal? And they may well ask why climb the highest mountain? Why, 35 years ago, fly the Atlantic? Why does Rice play Texas?

We choose to convert people. We choose to convert people in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win, and the others, too.

So there you have it.

Second Argument
People should treat other people bad because of their religion. This is because some religious sects are dangerous and destructive[1][2][3][4], and we need to protect ourselves and our citzens. Often, this necessitates 'treating them bad'.

1 http://www.cnn.com...
2 http://dailysignal.com...
3 https://www.quora.com...
4 http://time.com...
JFK

Extralulu12

Con

i disagree. you should not treat people like that.what if you were treated like that..all the blacks in the days fought for equal rights and freedom and it says that in THE CONSTITUTION AND SO IF YOU WANT TO TREAT US BAD I WILL TREAT YOU LIKE A PIECE OF GARAGE AND treat you like i hate you.i love whites and black .IT IS NOT RIGHT TO TREAT PEOPLE LIKE That.WHITE PEOPLE SHOT MY GREAT GREAT GREAT GRANDFATHER BECAUSE HE REALLY WANTED EQUAL RIGHT AND NOT BE TREATED DIFFERENTLY THEN EVERYONE SO PLEASE CHANGE YOUR MIND CAUSE TREATING PEOPLE BAD IS NOT GOD. DON'T YOU SAY THE PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
"I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
so u wanna be bad. y'all gonna pass through me first then Jesus then god
Amen May god bless y'all
Debate over i won. period.
mfigurski80

Pro

I'm tempted to just type 'extend points' and leave it at that, but I'm bored enough to try to explain myself. Anyway, a question to the viewers, and Con as well:

What is wrong with the following statement: "IF YOU WANT TO TREAT US BAD I WILL TREAT YOU LIKE A PIECE OF GARAGE AND treat you like I hate you." (sic)(source: Con). Besides the irregular use of caps lock, the fact that caps lock was used in the first place, and pretty funny spelling errors, Con is basically promoting 'justified retribution'.

So, to answer my own question, nothing. Nothing is wrong with that statement. At least, not with the intended meaning of it -- justified retribution is justified, and self-defence is a right.

Ergo, when religious sects like ISIS become dangerous, we have a right to defend ourselves, thereby treating them 'bad' simply because they belong to whatever religion ISIS actually is (extreme fundamentalist islamic activism?). We are doing this now. A lot of people are very happy that we are doing this now. We are probably doing good to the world by suppressing that religion, but that's also debateable.

In any case, the RESOLUTION, which is "should people put people in religions or treat people bad beacsue of their religion" (sic), has been conclusively proven as 'yes', which is what I assume I've been arguing this entire time. We SHOULD convert people, and we SHOULD treat people wrongly because of the religion they follow.

Thank you

However, I feel as if I should respond to CON beyond this, if only to satisfy my curiosity as to his reaction. Here are some comments on CON's round two argument:

If I were treated like 'that' -- assuming 'that' is the same as the 'bad' you were using previously -- I would probably be more passive than the black freedom activists you mentioned. This is through my own faults though, and I would like to hope that I would join the racial equality movement.

The American constitution is a piece of garbage written by crusty old elitists who were completely out of touch with even their own world, much less ours. I'd like to remind that the founding party, the Federalists, started losing elections pretty quickly.
Also, did you know that the 3/5ths compromise is still in the constitution? Officially, all 'other persons', which thankfully no longer includes persons of color, still help their states with voting.

I'm sorry about your great great great grandfather. To console you, I'd mention that I'm Polish and that my great grandparents and great great grandparents were sent to places like Aushwitz, forced to fight in WWI, and were tortured by UB officers, but I'd seem unappreciating. Thank you for any services your ancestor may have given, and keep in mind that there's more than just one problem in this world.

I agree. Treating people malignantly isn't what God wants.

I don't say the pledge of allegiance anyway. Sorry.

I don't necessarily want to be bad.

Jesus is God

Thank you for the blessing.

And I admire your confidence for victory.

Anyhow, thanks for posting. This has been a genuinely interesting debate so far.
Extralulu12

Con

first of all Jesus is not god.they are 2 different people.second of all thx i bless people who need it.it is just not right treating people like that.people are different but that does not mean to treat them bad
mfigurski80

Pro

Hmm, are you part of the christian minority that don't believe in the trinity? My apologies then.

If those people treat us bad, we'll have to treat them somewhat bad to protect ourselves. Right?

I'd like to notice that CON's second post violates Danth's Law.
Extralulu12

Con

i feel like i cannot talk no more but i will say this the last time STOP TREATING PEOPLE BAD