Shawnewise
tylersch96

regular school is better than virtual school

Shawnewise

Pro

Regular school is much better than virtual school and I have the facts to prove it.
tylersch96

Con

i will accept
Shawnewise

Pro

Right to it then, in regular school or should I just say school there is a teacher hands on. She teaches you all you need to know when you need to now etc. I know in virtual school you are able to go your own pace, but if you don't challenge yourself your brain will understand slower. think of flash cards your brain is used to the speed and time so you can better understand and answer the question.
tylersch96

Con

I realize that pro said that a teacher is hands on in public school. But on a virtual school if you have a program called Elluminent live where a certified teacher shows you and lets you do problems on a white screen. i myself have been home schooled and i found it easier without the peer pressure. i found this article about a smart man that was home-schooled.
"Albert Einstein: One of the most famous and influential thinkers of all time, Albert Einstein, is credited with discovering the special and general theories of relativity, relativistic cosmology, quantum theory of atomic motion in solids, and many more scientific theories and laws. Born in 1879 in the German Empire, Einstein eventually moved with his family to Munich, where he attended a Catholic school. But when he was ten, the Einsteins fell on hard times and paid a Jewish medical student named Talmud to tutor Albert in math, science and philosophy."
my source is http://www.onlineuniversities.com...
Shawnewise

Pro

I see you said and was stating on home school, but this is not on home school even if you use virtual school at home. And as you said it is easeir, but why would you want to be taking the easy way out. Do you think Albert Einstien took the easy way out, no. I have taken classes for virtual school and it is a long boring waste of time, there is nothing that annoying computer voice said that i never knew. Students that took regular school, there grades are much better and improved than virtual school students. Beyond that lets think about the health part of it, staring at a computer screen for hours upon hours is not healthy for your eyes, brain or body. School does not mean just work and thats it, there is physical education, where you can get active. There is also clubs, activities, sports, and more. You can also meet new friends and study with them, theese are all benifits that the virtual school does not have. But not only that most students prefered regular school than virtual school. To end think of this, technology is already ruling our life everywhere we look there is technology. GOOD LUCK
tylersch96

Con

to start off with i hear pro say that virtual school is a" a boring waste of time" when my source says this. " If you use it via a public school then it isn't home school because they are responsible in every way for providing your child the education just in a different way. If you buy it as courses then it is just a tool for home school. K12 curriculum via a PS is a combo of computer, books and online classes and teacher support. The teacher contacts you, overviews progress and offers help every 2-3 weeks and are there if you need more than that via K mail or contact.
PROS
1. The curriculum itself is very strong in LA and Math . I love that it separates LA into categories...grammar, vocab, spelling, literature and writing. Math can be done mostly online with the exception you may use the text for extra practice. The other subjects like Science and History are good although for History we felt it was too much. The Art was fun for my child- We learned about art styles, viewed art, and at the end of each section it asked her to draw or paint like the artist we just learned about. I just wish it was more "optional" instead of required because there is a load of work overall in other areas that seem more important. But Art was the FUN part for us. Music was not our cup of tea but I can see how it could be helpful but should have been optional since we already take music lessons.
2. If you are new to home schooling and lack discipline and seek guidance because you want to give your child a great education but cannot figure out how to do it alone then it's GREAT! It is laid out before you, teacher support and On-line school is great. You follow a few rules and in exchange you get this amazing curriculum and teacher support. To meet state requirements it seems to me that they care about attendance- logging hours-( this is how they get paid), progress (completing their curriculum) and preparing your child for testing because it is a reflection of them failing if you are not succeeding. Now I actually see that as a PRO because it motivates them to help me be successful.
*It will not be for everyone and it's not the same as home schooling but never judge the right for another to choose it because what works for one family may or may not for another. Many people can thrive on this program because of the guidance and still have some of the benefits of being home even if it is different. Some won't choose it because of what other homeschoolers say and I say- this is unfair because some people need this structure, guidance and to be pushed...and many times without this we can fail our children. Some experienced homeschoolers will NOT need this but not everyone is blessed enough to have all the other proper structures in place to be successful. Our goal is to raise and educate our children in the best ways possible and not everyone's way will be the same because we don't all have the same resources. Many homeschoolers do fail their children because they don�€™t prepare them for the �€œreal�€� world and it�€™s standards�€�and many exceed this but we all have different strengths so encourage others to do what is best for their family.
3. The online school makes life easy because you check off lessons as you do them, do online tests after completing sections and see your progress. It is set up in a way easy to use and work with.
4. The On-Line Classes/Class Connects were the best part. There is a set time each day for her to sign in for interactive learning with her teacher - by the end of the week you would have signed in for 4 different subjects all at one hour a week. There was a variety of ways to participate - if she was called on she could read the passage and all in the class heres her along with watching whatever the teacher has up on her board. The kids may be asked to underline things, etc. The teacher overviews points that they are learning in their curriculum or problem areas. She loved this part. If you miss a class you can watch it because it is recorded although we rarely would. You are not required to do all the classes but it's a nice part of the day and it offers a routine and overview. Con- you get attendance for participating but not progress which I will explain later.
5. We had many good field trips that were offered - and they were excellent.
6. You get to be home- if you are academic driven you can rest assured you will be challenged. There is flexibility IN WHEN YOU DO IT, HOW YOU DO IT, but not about completing it and how much time that is required. It is structured and organized providing more than you need.
7. You have the opportunity to pick and choose how you learn a lesson- An example is Spelling. The book offers different ways such as worksheets or practice on the board or writing words on index cards and other ways but the end result is just being able to spell the words on the test so you must pick and choose which way will give you that. Many go into this thinking they have to do all suggestions and that is NOT the case. You could never do all of it. If you don't understand this you WILL BE FRUSTRATED.
8. Testing and state services are offered via the program. This helps know where your child is and how they are learning."
you can find this at http://www.homeschoolreviews.com...
And also pro says it is a place to be unactive while staying at a computer but think a kid is at their house and can go outside and play whenever he or she wants. there is also community organizationg that they can participate in. so thats my argument