vi_spex
HomelySherlock

religion is not truth

vi_spex

vi_spex

Pro

belief is smashing a brick into your own face without understanding why its bad.. in any case, because you dont feel your face, and have no truth to say what a brick is.. beyond gods word, so if god didnt tell you smashing your face with a brick is a bad idea, go ahead and never stop, because its not the truth, that smashing your self in the face with a brick is a bad idea

if god didnt tell you that smashing your face with a brick is a bad idea, then clearly its not the truth
HomelySherlock

Con

I accept this debate, and wish my opponent good luck.

First, I will like to point out that to win, my opponent must prove that religion CANNOT be true. Thus, I must simply prove that religion CAN be true, as in, it is possible for religion to be true. It is not my responsibility to prove that religion actually IS true, only that it CAN be so. This is because of the wording, "Religion is not truth". If religion CAN be true, then Pro accepts that it is possible for religion to be true, which is inconsistent with the debate topic.

Pro has not really made any real arguments. All I see is the obscure metaphore between belief and "smashing a brick into yout face", which in itself is a flawed argument because I can just as easily take that logic and say "Well, what if God tells me NOT to smash a brick into my face?". Unless Pro proves that religion ALWAYS tells you to smash a brick into your face, all his argument states is that religion CAN tell you to smash a brick in your face, not that it actually does.

Now, logically, religion can be true. Religion is defined as "the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.". This is not itself inconsistant or disprovable. Science has not been able to completely prove that the existence of a suprhuman power is impossible. Certainly there are alternate theories to the creation of the universe, but one can easily say that those themselves could have been engineered by a deity.
vi_spex

Pro

religion is false.. because i dont know it

the question is did they write down the truth or not?

can be=false
is=true

you are con.. so you show me why you dont just go ahead and smash your face with a brick, because clearly its not the truth if god didnt say it, or truth is not gods word

i can wear a hat.. did you prove i am wearing a hat?

religion is unknown by default, never true..

show me where god said that you shouldnt smash your face with a brick or go ahead and do it.. because its not the truth
that its a bad idea to do that

the probem is religion didnt mention not smashing your face with a brick..

its easy to say the moon is made of cheese...
HomelySherlock

Con

HomelySherlock forfeited this round.
HomelySherlock

Con

"Religion in false.. because I don't know it"
What?

"The question is did they write down the truth or not?"

Yes, those would be the Holy Scriptures from many major religions

"Can be=false"

No, can be= Possibly true, thus not necessarily false.

"you are con.. so you show me why you dont just go ahead and smash your face with a brick, because clearly its not the truth if god didnt say it, or truth is not gods word"

In religion, everything God says IS always true, but the converse is NOT necessarily true. God would not point out everything, ever, that is true, because otherwise it would literally be infinite information. There are an infinite number of things that are true, for example, 1+1=2, 1+2=3, repeating to infinity. The fallacy in your argument lies in that you say "If God doesn't say it's true, then it is false". This is not true. If God says it is true, then it is true. If God says it is false, it is false. If God does not specify, it can be either.

"i can wear a hat.. did you prove i am wearing a hat?"

Why do I need to prove that you're wearing a hat? Religion does not need to, nor does it claim to, prove everything that is true, ever, as I said previously.

"the probem is religion didnt mention not smashing your face with a brick.."

It didn't say to do it, either, but that was the argument you were using.

"its easy to say the moon is made of cheese..."

How is that related?

And that "fool" comment was not necessary. I apologize for the forfeit, I was busy with real life issues, but no need to be immature.
vi_spex

Pro

do you know that i am wearing a hat?

i can be wearing a hat..

then you agree that truth is not gods word.. because i did get a new key.. so how could truth be gods word if that not in the bible.. so truth is not gods word

if it can be either.. because god didnt say it.. then go ahead and smash your face with a brick, it wont harm you

right religion isnt proved.. for it to exist, it is false
HomelySherlock

Con

HomelySherlock forfeited this round.
HomelySherlock

Con

Apologies for the forfeit. I should have known whether I would have the time to debate this, I accept full responsibility for my mistake.

"do you know that i am wearing a hat?

i can be wearing a hat.."

Your point?

"then you agree that truth is not gods word.. because i did get a new key.. so how could truth be gods word if that not in the bible.. so truth is not gods word"

I'm extremely confused as to the key business, but I'll infer you're saying that religion is false because God did not foresee your acquisition of a key. However, religion states that God's word is truth, NOT that truth is God's word. Thus, something can be true but not explicitly stated by God.

"if it can be either.. because god didnt say it.. then go ahead and smash your face with a brick, it wont harm you

right religion isnt proved.. for it to exist, it is false"

As I said, God's word is always true but not everything, ever that is true is stated by God.

I thank my opponent for a good debate.
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
are you retarded?
Posted by Melodymainidea 1 year ago
Melodymainidea
Are you talking about all religion or just Christianity?
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
god didnt say i got a new key, so surely its not the truth
Posted by Melodymainidea 1 year ago
Melodymainidea
How many other people got new keys to their new houses in the past before you? The truth is that history repeats itself and humans tend to forget things.
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
because of new things, religion can never be the truth, because i just got a new key to my house..
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 1 year ago
dsjpk5
vi_spexHomelySherlockTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con ff many times, so conduct to Pro.