vi_spex
Messi10ea

religion=theism+atheism=belief+disbelief

vi_spex

Pro

atheism is theism, theism is atheism.. a christian believes in the christians god and disbelieves all contrary possibilities

if i take my hand behind my back, and claim i am showing 3 fingers, one can believe its true, another can disbelieve because he believes i am showing 4.. so the final conclusion is that theism is belief, and belief is instantly disbelief to any counter possibility or any claim to the contrary of the yes 3 fingers behind your back position
Messi10ea

Con

atheism is not theism because both are different. Atheism is not believing theism is believing.
vi_spex

Pro

so what is your position on my claim if you believe i am showing 4 fingers behind my back?
Messi10ea

Con

but you showing 4 finger is just your claim how would I know you are really showing it, claim=belief you could have 12 fingers and claim to only have 10 its a conspricacy theory.
vi_spex

Pro

but=word from assss

agnostic=non belief=acceptance i dont know(on a higher level, i know my answer is false)=maybe position
theism+atheism=not acceptance i dont know=yes+no position

any belief position is a yes position, disbelief is belief

if you believe i am showing 3 fingers behind my back, you are an atheist to the guy believing i am showing 4, but who am i to make such judgements
Messi10ea

Con

you can take a no belief as a position also. I can lie and say no that I have hepititis but that could be wrong
Messi10ea

Con

Messi10ea forfeited this round.
Messi10ea

Con

Messi10ea forfeited this round.
Posted by vi_spex 2 years ago
vi_spex
belief is theism
Posted by Zmax15 2 years ago
Zmax15
Theism is a belief in a god, specifically. You can believe in multiple deities, but that doesn't really change anything. I fail to see what the point of this debate would be, in addition to general confusion about what the Pro is arguing for.