Religion Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Hell is not a Bible teaching

DavidHenson
scaleofpeace

Hell was adopted by apostate Christianity from Pagan teachings. Though the word itself appears in older translations of the Bible the meaning of the word has changed over time, and is either mistranslated or a misleading translation considering the changing of the meaning of the word. Definition of Hell: Eternal punishment of the immortal soul in a fire, often mistaken for the lake of fire....

Voting Period
15 Comments
Updated 14 Hours Ago

God exists

Balacafa
lannan13

This debate is currently impossible to accept. Please post in the comments if you would like to debate this topic and I will choose an appropriate debater. If you accept this without my permission all votes should go to Con (me). As con my possition in this debate is against the existence of God therefore my opponent will be arguing that God does exist. Debat...

Debating Period
8 Comments
Updated 15 Hours Ago

it isnt logical to believe the following

vi_spex
mostlogical

why believe there is a good nut, or a bad nut in the nutshell before opening it...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 18 Hours Ago

Is Creationism Viable?

Brainii
Hayd

I am arguing that Creationism is a viable belief system, and that our universe shows signs of intelligent design. Here is how the rounds will work: Round 1: Opening statement/debate acceptance Round 2: Opening Arguments Round 3: Rebuttals Round 4: Closing Arguments...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Is god really who he says he is?

splew
Balacafa

IF GOD IS AN ALL-LOVING GOD THEN WHY DID HE CREATE EVIL? THAT MAKES HIM JUST AS EVIL AS SATAN! ----- God created everything right? So he knew what he was doing when he created Lucifer. So if god is so holy and good then why did he bring evil into this world. He could have made it just like heaven is suppose to be when we die. So god is just as evil as satan. Right? And free will isn't a reason. Because when you die and go to heaven will you have free will there? Yes. So god could of made this wo...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 19 Hours Ago

Male child circumcision is as immoral as female child circumcision

NotThatClever
JustRushdi

1st round is acceptance. 2nd round is positional argument. 3rd round is rebuttal. 4th round is statement in conclusion. Definitions: 1. Circumcision shall mean the surgical removal of all or part of the clitoris and surgical removal of all or part of the foreskin for reasons other than medical necessity. 2. Morality shall refer to social morality. The same morality that has outlawed female circumcision in the United States of America. Distinct from personal morality. 3. Child sha...

Debating Period
7 Comments
Updated 13 Hours Ago

Ceremonial Killing of animals

drew459
Jess.hartley

I saw your opinion post and wanted to debate you on the topic. As I said I believe that it is none of our business what these other cultures do...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

the christian trinity is an illogical idea

dairygirl4u2c

consider: the son is God, the father is GOd, but the son is not the father and they are not separate Gods. that's like saying five plus one equals six. two plus four equals six. but five plus one does NOT equal two plus four....

Challenge Period
15 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Government employees may not use their religion to refuse the issue of gay marriage licenses

planck
jlara00

A county clerk is an elected official who is required to perform all the legal acts of his or her office. If the clerk refuses, for personally held religious beliefs, to issue a wedding license to a gay couple, when such a wedding is legal in the state, that clerk must either resign or be fired. BOP is shared. First round acceptance and statement of position. Second round rebuttals, third round arguments, fourth round rebuttals. Fifth round summary....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 17 Hours Ago

There is a God(s)

Balacafa
hellywon

As Con I will be arguing that there is no God. Therefore Pro will be arguing that there is a God. This debate is not specific to any religion.Debate Structure Round 1: Introduce your argument (Pro)Round 2: Main points and justificationsRound 3: RebuttalsRound 4: Conclusion and final rebuttals&nb...

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago