Religion Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

The Acts of Pilate/Gospel of Nicodemus was written before 150 CE.

SNP1

Full resolution: Part 1 Form 1 of the Acts of Pilate (AKA the Gospel of Nicodemus) was written before 150 CE. Burden of Proof is shared. I, as Pro, have to show that Part 1 Form 1 of the Acts of Pilate are from before 150 CE. You, as Con, have to show that Part 1 Form 1 of the Acts of Pilate are from after 150 CE. No refutations in the 2nd round. No new arguments in the final round. Voting is Select Winner format and requires an ELO of 2,500. I would still appreciate your comments o...

Challenge Period
4 Comments
Updated 3 Hours Ago

The True Religion

CynthiaJoannTerry
Iacov

I believe that Christianity is the only TRUE RELIGION....

Debating Period
11 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago

To be religious is to also have a mental disorder.

Iacov
vi_spex

I created this debate in response to your comment on a other debate of similar talking points.I will be arguing that to be a follower of any religion does not mean that person also has a mental disorder. For round one please state your position and any definitions you wish to establish.Definitions:Mental disorder: "A mental disorder is a syndrome characterized by clinically significant disturbance in an individual's cognition, emotion regulation, or behavior that reflects a dysfuncti...

Voting Period
7 Comments
Updated 4 Hours Ago

Debate: Churches ought to pay taxes

Hayd

Full resolution: Churches ought not be tax-exempt The debate is impossible to accept, apply in the comments if you are interested and I will send the challenge to the applicant of my choosing. First round is acceptance only. No new arguments in the final round....

Challenge Period
16 Comments
Updated 22 Hours Ago

Religion is plagerized

Woofis
apglrh

All major modern religions are plagiarized from ancient polytheistic religions base off the sun. I am not saying there is no such thing as intelligent design, the Golden Ratio hints the idea for one,but as far as Islam,Christianity, and other major domination religions go they are plagerized fairly tales. Remember this, if it was possible to travel 10^10^70m you would run into an exact copy of your self....

Debating Period
7 Comments
Updated 16 Hours Ago

hate is a necessary evil

vi_spex
wolf24

religion is only good to end religion.. atheism...

Voting Period
6 Comments
Updated 8 Hours Ago

Does God Exist?

wolf24
kidpsyco

Does God Exist? I say yes. Prove me wrong! You start the first argument....

Debating Period
5 Comments
Updated 22 Hours Ago

Muhammad Was a Crackpot, Not a Prophet

DavidMGold
POPOO5560

The proposition of this debate is Muhammad, the alleged prophet of the Islamic faith, was in fact a crackpot that cultivated a pernicious ideology that is responsible for much of the world's conflict and terrorism. I will forego the usual formalities regarding definitions, and so on, asking that my opponent focus exclusively on Muhammad and begin the debate in earnest with their opening. It is my hope that my preference to debate someone who adheres to Islam, but I'm open to debating anyone incl...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 4 Days Ago

Christianity

wolf24
Samitshim

I'm taking the stance for Christianity and its open for whoever want's to refute. Good luck and you start....

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 4 Days Ago

Islam is a religion of peace.

Confucius1
CallumFerguson

Full resolution : Islam is a religion of peace. To be clear on what Islam is : the religion of the Muslims, a monotheistic faith regarded as revealed through Muhammad as the Prophet of Allah. Motion : Is Islam TRULY a religion of peace? To be clear. I am arguing that Islam is NOT a religion of peace. Round 1: Acceptance only Round 2: Opening arguments (no rebuttals) Round 3: Rebuttals/Counter arguments Round 4: Rebuttals and conclusion (no new arguments) Looking forward to a...

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago