Religion Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

If God was a person, he would be arrested.

ConserativeDemocrat

This is a debate topic I have not seen before, so I created it. Full Resolution: Assuming what God has done in the Christian Bible is true, and assuming God was a person who lived in America, he would be arrested. Structure: Round 1: Acceptance Round 2: Arguments. NO REBUTTALS Round 3: Counter arguments / New arguments Round 4: Counter arguments. NO NEW ARGUMENTS Round 5: Conclusion / Counter arguments Rules: 1) FF is an automatic 7 point loss 2) Follow the structure 3) No...

Challenge Period
9 Comments
Updated 16 Hours Ago

you dont have any beliefs, its simply not true

vi_spex
Devnith

you can pretend you have beliefs...

Voting Period
14 Comments
Updated 17 Hours Ago

Atheism is an illusion.

kwagga_la
vi_spex

Atheism has limited arguments against the existence of God. When confronted to give explanations they often respond by saying they do not know because dont have to know. This limitation can at best be reasonable as Agnosticism who at least says there may or may not be a God. Atheism states there is absolutely no God. This is an unreasonable position to take....

Voting Period
33 Comments
Updated 14 Hours Ago

The bible is not against womens rights:

harrytruman
corporealbeing

Rule #1- Google documents are not a violation of conduct since you could just as easily start a google document as I can. Rule #2- Don't flake out/drop out of the debate because you're losing. Rule #3- Respond to my arguments, you can't make up facts/ not respond to my arguments as was the case with my last debate on this subject. Rule #4- This debate deals with the bible, referring to the Torah, not the Non-Testament and arguments including the Non-testament will not be refuted sinc...

Debating Period
17 Comments
Updated 8 Hours Ago

bad habbit+belief=sickness of evil

vi_spex
wingsum23

cure=feel reverse returning=nature heal=returning energy all=nature nature=get my energy from=apples smoking cigarettes is changing my nature.....

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 7 Minutes Ago

ban islam

vi_spex
AlphaFSPG107

you can not fight the law.. this is a war that can only be fought by law.. laws exist to limit religion.. becomming like muslims i might as well kill myself to end them.. ban islam what you gonna do in jail.. a lonley killer i like to give them an option, muslim men get their nuts cut off or leave, and muslim women and children also the men must all make an argument for why to not believe in islam.. and leave islam to get to stay. problem with slavery is submission by submission.. if the...

Voting Period
23 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Is God Real?

lunartrashcan
CaptainScarlet

Nothing gets people talking like proving the existence of God, so yeah. A philosopher claimed in the 11th century to have come up with a deductive proof of God's existence for what we know as the Ontological argument. Almost 200 years, atheist and philosopher Thomas Aquinas encounter this other philosopher's argument, but like many others, he just didn't buy it. Aquinas did believe in God, it was just as a philosopher, he felt it was important to have evidence for your beliefs. He knew if he wa...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Evil and Suffering fails

kwagga_la
vi_spex

The argument that evil and suffering exists therefore God cannot is not a valid argument because it cannot prove that no god exist....

Voting Period
43 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Should Christians have their religious freedoms/rights taken away from them?

SegBeg
squonk

I will be arguing that Christians should NOT have their religious freedoms and rights taken away from. The first round is for you to introduce yourself.Good luck!!! ...

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 4 Minutes Ago

Anselm's Ontological Argument for God is Sound

Maryland_Kid
Ockham

St. Anselm, Archbishop of Cantebury discovered a way to prove God's existence through though itself. It is through the idea of a God, that is perfect, sentient, all powerful, all good, all knowing, distinct, separate, holy, uncopy-able, and not capable of being destroyed. This comes through the thought of something that nothing greater can be imagined. The premises are: 1.It is a conceptual truth (or, so to speak, true by definition) that God is a being than which none greater can be imag...

Debating Period
6 Comments
Updated 15 Hours Ago