Religion Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Does religion support the use of the death penalty?

Mythboy64
Spiritualthinker2

Personally, I don't know. But I don't like that there are people who think they have the right to decide when a human's life is taken, regardless of the crime. Personally, I'd just throw them in jail and let them think about what they've done for the rest of their life....

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 28 Minutes Ago

Should "Under God" be left in the Pledge of Allegiance?

dferreira96
TillDeathDoWePart88

The first round is the acceptance round. Opening arguments will be presented in Round 2....

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 3 Hours Ago

Homosexual Ministers

Lee001

Lets define Homosexual: . Of, relating to, or having a sexual orientation to persons of the same sex. I highly believe its okay for ministers to be homosexual, for it could be greatly beneficial. Con may or may not post his argument in the first round, or he/she could just accept in the first round. Good Luck! Source: https://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=Am8SeFDxT31zUu6DEi2mCumbvZx4?p=homosexual+defintion&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8&fr=yfp-t-901&fp=1...

Challenge Period
7 Comments
Updated 3 Hours Ago

Does the Christian God exist?

Blazzered
Tyler5140

I will be on the side against, saying the Christian God does not exist. I am an agnostic theist. I make no claims that there is no God. I go with the evidence we have. I've noticed Christians will use the bible as evidence for God. Then to prove that the bible is reliable they will use the bible to say the bible is reliable. This gets the debate nowhere and does not help prove Gods existence. Why I do not believe in the Christian God: I used to be Christian, I was born and raised as one....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago

Is the Bible corrupted?

Uccheema

First round is acceptance. Thank You...

Challenge Period
5 Comments
Updated 5 Hours Ago

Christianity: Beliefs, So-called Truths, Justification; How is it the truth?

MonsieurSoutenir
kjohn104

Round 1: Con challenge and opening statement, Pro acceptance and argumentRound 2: Con rebuttal, Pro rebuttalRound 3: Con argument, Pro rebuttalRound 4: Con rebuttal, Pro argumentRound 5: Final statements, rebuttals, and conclusion.Questions will be answered in the comments. Burden of proof will be shared.I start off this debate by arguing against the Christian faith and its respective justifications, beliefs, and truthfulness, including the ex...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 15 Hours Ago

You can be a Christian and believe in evolution

4God
Varrack

I will be debating that you can't be a Christian and still believe in evolution. First round is to accept the challenge....

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 16 Hours Ago

Should We Teach Creationism As An Alternative to Evolution?

Joss_Whedon
Prof.Asteroid

I am a Lutheran. However, I do not beleive that God created everything mature, nor that it happened in 6 days. The evidence simply doesn't add up. Also, the Universe is 10-20 billion years old. I place all my trust in science, and will cease my faith in God or science if such can be proven....

Debating Period
5 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

Religion brainwashes humanity

SkepticalDefender
Jonnykelly

Religion, oh we all know what that is. That pesky book called the bible. The great figment of imagination. It's why rebublicans exist. It's why there are many ignorant people in this world. OUR GOD IS AN AWESOME GOD, HE RAINS FROM HEAVEN ABOVE WITH WISDOM, POWER AND LOVE, OUR GOD IS AN AWESOME GOD! Truly does love people. BUT NOT GAYS OR TRANS! No way, we hate those people because of... Reasons right? Because they're "evil". Becuase there is not love if it is no between man and women. Bec...

Debating Period
12 Comments
Updated 35 Minutes Ago

Is Gay Marriage Wrong, Biblically Speaking?

ThadeusSmith
Leo.Messi

This first round is acceptance. Next round is opening arguments, then rebuttals, then closing statements. Please cite sources....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago