Religion Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Scientific Proof of the existence of God - Nostradamus and the Great USA Eclipse 2017

newleft
FreshMeat12

If we have to choose between the USA and the DPRK then the choice is obvious... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsCR05oKROA This is my personal condemnation of the USA and its capitalist ideology... It is based on "objective fact" rather than "subjective opinion" The first total solar eclipse to span the entire USA in 100 years... https://www.greatamericaneclipse.com/ The modern man sees the importance of an eclipse merely in the fact that it happens. BUT WHAT DOES TH...

Debating Period
5 Comments
Updated 6 Hours Ago

(I'm new) Objective beats subjective morality. We depend on objective morality.

AlanTiany
TheUnexaminedLife

I will give reasons as to why subjective morality is bad and makes for a bad moral system, I will the argue that objective morality is good for all and that everyone including non believers are actually dependent on the Christian worldview to make sense of morality cogently. Lets get started 1) Atheists say we as a society collectively determine our morals. And that they can sometimes change or evolve. So what happens if the larger majority of our collective society decide tomorrow that...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 10 Hours Ago

Subjective morality is wrong and evil. How do we know who ultimately has the "right" norm?

AlanTiany
PowerPikachu21

1) Atheists say we as a society collectively determine our morals. And that they can sometimes change or evolve. So what happens if the larger majority of our collective society decide tomorrow that rape is morally acceptable because it propagates reproduction and therefore our species will grow and be stronger? Obviously this is hypothetical but I'm saying this to say that your, the atheists explanation is totally arbitrary. 2) Atheists always sound like they are evolutionists. But the found...

Debating Period
14 Comments
Updated 11 Hours Ago

Amoranemix' view on morality is unreasonable.

Amoranemix

Context : in the comment section of www.debate.org/debates/The-Bible-is-Reliable-regarding-Israels-Covenant-and-Prophecy keeps complaining of me having declined two of his debate challenges as if that was somehow inappropriate of me. I challenged him to the reasonableness of the declination of the second challenge (the first no longer being accessible) in

5 Comments
Updated 18 Hours Ago

(I'm new) Objective morality MUST exist.

AlanTiany
FreshMeat12

1) Atheists say we as a society collectively determine our morals. And that they can sometimes change or evolve. So what happens if the larger majority of our collective society decide tomorrow that rape is morally acceptable because it propagates reproduction and therefore our species will grow and be stronger? Obviously this is hypothetical but I'm saying this to say that your, the atheists explanation is totally arbitrary. 2) Atheists always sound like they are evolutionists. But the fou...

Debating Period
7 Comments
Updated 19 Hours Ago

"Separation of Church and State" is always the best form of government

velociraptor101
LuciferWept

Coined by American founding father Thomas Jefferson, the idea of "separation of church and state" has long been a defining factor of modern western democracy. In theory, it sounds like an infallible principle; but like with many such philosophies, there is a fine difference between theory and practice. I am going to argue that this model of government (where the legislature and religious institution have no influence on each other) is not the be-all-end-all solution that it is praised to be....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 10 Hours Ago

Does The Modal Ontological Argument Show That God Exists?

FreshMeat12

Round One is for acceptance only. Pro will argue that the Modal Ontological Argument does show that it is rational to believe that a God exists, while con (me) will argue that it does not. The modal ontological argument can be presented as follows. 1. It is possible that God exists. 2. If it is possible that God exists, then God exists in at least one possible world. 3. If God exists in one possible world than God exists in all possible worlds. 4. If God exists in all possible worlds...

Challenge Period
7 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Is Baha'u'llah the One Promised by the Bab?

Bayani

I am looking to debate a Baha'i on this subject. I am a Bayani, a follower of the Bab and Subh-i-Azal. His Holiness the Bab in his writings makes it quite clear, though that God manifests Himself continually, there is a time period for these manifestations -- they don't just happen everyday -- meaning that Mirza Husayn Ali Nuri "Baha" cannot be the one who was promised; for the Point of the Bayan states himself that a certain amount of time must pass between the Bayanic manifestation (when t...

Challenge Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

According to the Bible (Old and New Testament), Jesus is God

SterlingCamp
Longear

This debate is contending the issue of whether or not the Bible contains evidence that indicates Jesus Christ is God. Pro's position states that Jesus is God according to the Bible and Con's position states that the Bible does not claim Jesus as God. Please read the rules cafefully before accepting this debate. Rules: (1) Evidence should primarily be from the Bible (Old and New Testament) as we are debating a theological issue. All theological issues should be grounded in the Bible. T...

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Babtism is necessary for salvation

mandorangerwolf777
DNehlsen

Hello. In this debate we will have five rounds, 1. Acceptance 2. Arguments 3. Rebuttals/arguments 4. rebuttals/arguments 5. closing remarks Good luck to whoever accepts!...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago