Religion Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

The Bible Does Make Scientific Predictions

Abeceda
CosmoJarvis

I heard someone state that the biblical record does not contain any scientific predictions, but I thought, that is impossible: a text with a thousand pages of world history certainly would contain scientific predictions somewhere. I was not disappointed: I found a prediction in the very first book, where the biblical record writes of eight people being saved from a flood that the rest of the population did not survive. This certainly would have some genetic implications, I thought. Sure enoug...

Debating Period
9 Comments
Updated 7 Hours Ago

Is Obedience of the Law, Legalism?

reddogs

If we love Jesus Christ and keep his commandments which come from his eternal moral law, are we legalist because we love him and want to follow what he wants for us. If I am free to do whatever I want, is it wrong for me to keep Gods Law or legalistic if I want to follow what Jesus taught by keeping his commandments, not because I am forced to do it by people, society or church, but because I love him and want to. Many people bring up the objection that after the law has accomplished its...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 13 Hours Ago

Should creationism be taught in schools?

kilothedog
SJM

Creationism is a belief and not based on empirical evidence, therefore it should IT be taught in schools where logic and reasoning are promoted. Debate format: round 1 state position Round 2-3: debate on topic at hand Round 4: closing statements Thank you!...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 26 Minutes Ago

Love is merely an action.

TropaBino

This is a 4 round Debate. In mainstream Christianity love is just an action. You hear things like: "You must love everyone, but you don't have to like them." When people say this, they are implying that Jesus is only asking you to do good things for someone and that you don't need to like them. ---------- I believe this is wrong teaching. In my opinion God is literally asking us to have an emotional connection with everyone. That emotional connection would be the greatest emotion, Love....

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Existence of a god

Capitalistslave
TropaBino

My position is not "there is no god" but rather "I lack belief in all gods". I have the default position when it comes to belief in anything, since lack of belief is the default position when there is a lack of evidence. Evidence, would naturally lead to a belief. Lack of evidence leads to lack of belief.Rules of debate:1) Burden of proof lies with pro, because I am not taking an affirmative position.2) Pro should post their arguments in round 1 and waive...

Debating Period
5 Comments
Updated 5 Hours Ago

Atheism is Stupidity and Based on Imaginings having no Basis in Facts.

FollowerofChrist1955
Capitalistslave

Soooo Sad, Athiest are like ..... Deer caught in the Headlights! What a lonely state to find oneself! Attend me brothers and sisters, hear the plight of those to whom all pity is to be given. This is a people, without hope? Without Faith, Without Forgiveness? Without common sense? With no visible nor...

Debating Period
13 Comments
Updated 4 Hours Ago

Did God changed Sabbath from Saturday to Sunday

reddogs

Since the Bible from Genesis to Revelation recognizes only the Saturday Sabbath as the weekly day of rest, then how did the practice of Sunday worship come about? What is its origin? Some Christians feel that Sunday should be observed to commemorate the resurrection, but where in the Bible did Jesus or the apostles make such a statement? Who sanctioned the replacement of the Sabbath with Sunday or claims to have done so? If it was God, then why isn't it in the Bible, and if was not God then ther...

Challenge Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Stop accepting debates with the title 'How do Atheists rationally know truth from fiction?'

Zaephou
TheGodson

Newcomers to Debate.org, DO NOT accept ANY debate with the title 'How do atheists rationally know truth from fiction?'. The guy who has been posting them, ViceRegent, is a middle-aged bigoted ignoramus with the brain capacity of a lemur, and he has been spamming this same debate for months. DON'T ACCEPT THESE KINDS OF DEBATES. REPORT HIM FOR SPAM....

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 3 Hours Ago

Zaephou
John_C_1812

Newcomers to Debate.org, DO NOT accept ANY debate with the title 'How do atheists rationally know truth from fiction?'. The guy who has been posting them, ViceRegent, is a middle-aged bigoted ignoramus with the brain capacity of a lemur, and he has been spamming this same debate for months. Please don't accept these debates. If you want, copy and paste this debate and post it yourself to spread the message :)...

Voting Period
1 Comments
Updated 11 Hours Ago

How do atheists rationally know truth from fiction?

ViceRegent
Spiritpaw

IF YOU ARE UNABLE OR UNWILLING TO READ THIS WHOLE POST AND THEN RESPOND TO THE SINGLE QUESTION IT ASKS, GO AWAY. I FIND IT HILARIOUS THAT THESE ATHEISTS KEEP VOMITING WORDS AND YET NOT ONE HAS ANSWERED MY Q. Atheists love to live under the delusion that they are the guardians of rationality. But how can they hold this title when they cannot even articulate a rational way to know truth from fiction. If they cannot do this, they are literally ignorant and the ignorant cannot guard anything. SO,...

Debating Period
9 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago