Religion Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Answer to "is there a god"

AQuill
UnhookedSchnook

Thank you UnhookedSchnook for submitting your question, "is there a god". In your opening you made five statements and ask two questions beyond the initial question "is there a god" which, I will attempt to adequately address. Statement #1 "As we all should know there are many religions, with many different gods." The statement is not true as stated. If you were to state, we all should know there are many religions, claiming many different gods then, I would agree. Statement #2 "The...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 15 Hours Ago

Humanity would be better off if religion was never concieved

notatheist
Mr.Logic123

Hello to potential debaters, I invite you to argue that humanity would be worse off if religion was never conceived. Because I think the stance that humanity would be equally well off with or without the introduction of religion is not one anyone is likely to take, or one that could even be defended in any meaningful way, I have neglected this possibility, therefore shifting the BOP from me to shared. I ask that Con does not use any arguments along the lines of: -Without religion, there...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

required threshhold of faith required for Christians to be saved is not clear

dairygirl4u2c
Skynet

the requirements are either too vague, or too listy/dogmatic.the bible says if you confess with your mouth jesus is lord, and beleive in your heart that he was raised from the dead you will be saved. it also say if you believe in the lord you will be saved. it also has all kinds of other statements.

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

the golden rule in application is not clear

dairygirl4u2c
Discipulus_Didicit

the rule itself may be clear, but the application of the rule isn't always. maybe instead of disorganized mess of ideas as i gave in the past, i will give a hypothetical.for example. intervention v deferrence. John is doing cocaine, and only dabbles in it and views it as nondebateably harmless in the bigger picture. Bob thinks any cocaine use is going too far, and is not debatable to say otherwise. Bob personally would want...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

Is there a god?

UnhookedSchnook
justosana

Hello, So the age old, common debate,"is there a god?". Currently I believe no, however if there is more, solid, supporting evident I am all ears. As we all should know there are many religions, with many different gods. So what makes one god more real than another? Religions merely provided a simple and unexplained answer to our creation. The only 'evidence' given to us are believers stories and a book from many years ago. Time and time again science has disproved such cases that were publis...

Debating Period
7 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

The resurrection of Christ was fabricated, added in later stuff.

Josh2900
DudeWithAName

I believe the resurrection story was fabricated (added in stuff)....

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 8 Hours Ago

The true meaning of atheism is the belief that God is just as likely to exist as not

wallfly
notatheist

Atheism: The lack of belief in a deityThe burden of proof is on me to proof that the meaning of atheism is to hold no preference toward the likely hood of God existing or not. The minute an atheist claims God is not likely to exists, on any level, they become an anti-theist and are no longer an atheist. If you you hold no preference toward the likely hood of god existing then this is the same as believing God is just as likely to exist as not - it makes you completel...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Is there a god?

UnhookedSchnook
PericIes

Hello, So the age old, common debate,"is there a god?". Currently I believe no, however if there is more, solid, supporting evident I am all ears. As we all should know there are many religions, with many different gods. So what makes one god more real than another? Religions merely provided a simple and unexplained answer to our creation. The only 'evidence' given to us are believers stories and a book from many years ago. Time and time again science has disproved such cases that were publi...

Voting Period
5 Comments
Updated 9 Hours Ago

On balance, Christianity has left a positive impact on the world

NothingSpecial99
russian_metaphor_man

Round 1: AcceptanceRound 2: ArgumentsRound 3-4: RebuttalsLook forward to a civil debate. ...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 11 Hours Ago

God Does Exist, ( Christian God )

DudeWithAName
MagicAintReal

As you can see from the title of the debate, "God Does Exist." I have made a claim that there is a God, and the only other counter claim is that there is not a God. Therefore you and I have to provide evidence for our claims, not by saying things like, "There is no evidence for God" or me saying "There is no evidence against there being a...

Voting Period
5 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago