Religion Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

God exists (pro) vs God does not exist (con)

Moelogy
Surgeon

I will be arguing in this debate that the case for God is extensive and is most often underrated. I will be using science, philosophy and logic to form the foundations for my arguments for God. I am a Theist and my opponent should most likely be an atheist who denies the existence of God. Definitions : Universe - all of space, matter, time and energy God - The necessary, uncaused, omnimaximal, timeless, spaceless being. Exists - to have an objective being or existence. Rules :...

Debating Period
10 Comments
Updated 17 Hours Ago

Here"s why god of the bible cannot possibly exist unless he is pure hate and evil

backwardseden
ChurnedCreamery

Inside Edition: “Man Will Spend Life in Prison for Killing 5-Year-Old Stepdaughter After She Asked For Food” “A Michigan man who stabbed his 5-year-old stepdaughter to death and then burned her body will spend the rest of

6 Comments
Updated 5 Hours Ago

Gay Marriage Should Continue Be Legal

BrettBoelkens
NDECD1441

I believe that gay marriage should continue to be legal, at least in the United States. First round is acceptance and opening arguments.Arguments ForOf course, the strongest argument for marriage equality is in fact equality. The United States was founded upon this very principle of equality between all people. Most laws in the Western world are designed to be inclusive and protective of all, so it makes little sense...

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Is Islam a religion of violence

adirahalcyon
wmickas

With the recent terrorist attacks, many people have come to a conclusion that Islam is, indeed, a religion full of violence and killings. Many justify that, by using verses from the Quran that call for the killing of infidels. I'm against that idea. Just because people commit terrorist attacks, it doesn't prove that the religion calls for them. Men commit the largest number of crimes and the simple explanation for that is this chemical in their brain which makes them more violent than a woma...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 14 Hours Ago

god is the Ultimate Source of Love in This World

backwardseden
adirahalcyon

What? Is this a laughing stock hyena joke? Obviously god is not the ultimate source of love in this world. Duh and doy. This w...

Voting Period
10 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

The Bible is Fake and Fairy Tales

Tmacdagreat
sboss18

My opinion is the Bible is fake and full of Fairy tales. How can any body know the beginning and the end? There is no Factual basis or scientific or Archealogical proof for the events that happened in the Holy Bible. Faith and belief is the only excuse. There have been many different versions of the Holy Bible , so many in history have rewrote and manipulated the supposed bible.If a book is that holy it shouldnt be tampered with....

Debating Period
8 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago

YHWH or proxy is the satan (adversary) of the book of Job.

Fatbstrd

The satan of The Book of Job is YHWH, or proxy, and as Pro I will prove this through use of the Christian bible, Strongs, and with help from the Hebrew lexicon. I expect Con to be a bible believing individual with trust in his/ her Maker and with a willingness for honest and friendly debate. Last round will be final statements. In the first two chapters of Job we see ha'satan, or in English, "the adversary", whom isn't mentioned by anyone through the rest of the book. Job, his wife, fami...

Challenge Period
1 Comments
Updated 5 Days Ago

Christianity vs Islam

wmickas
Aicha

Muslims and Christians agree on several topics. Namely, we agree that God exists. We also agree on several social issues going on today. Here is where we disagree on. We disagree with Muhammad is a prophet, deity of Christ and the trinity. My opponent and I will discuss these topics. I hope this will be a fruitful dialogue. I will allow my opponent to give his case on why Islam is correct on these topics....

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Islam VS. Sikhism

Aicha
Its_Jenvz

In the name of Allah the most merciful and the most compassionate. I start this debate wanting to know the truth behind Sikhism with out any hate, and I'd like to know what are the things that many people don't know about this religion and reasons to convert to the Sikhism as well. So we will start this round by defining our own religion breifly yet clearly. In Islam we mainly believe that there is only one God and many different prophets and messengers of God and we believe that Mohammed (PBU...

Voting Period
3 Comments
Updated 5 Days Ago

Islam VS. Shinto

Aicha

In the name of Allah the most merciful and the most compassionate. I start this debate wanting to know the truth behind Shintoism with out any hate, and I'd like to know what are the things that many people don't know about this religion and reasons to convert to the Shintoism as well. So we will start this round by defining our own religion breifly yet clearly. In Islam we mainly believe that there is only one God and many different prophets and messengers of God and we believe that Mohammed...

Challenge Period
7 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago