Religion Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Does God predestine who goes to heaven.

alllnc
philochristos

I argue that God allows us to choose whether or not to follow Him and be saved. He calls ALL through the Holy Spirit and we can choose whether or not if we want to follow Him. God is love. If being saved is predestined, I argue that this is not love. God says we are created in His image, so I assert that we know what love is since God says He is love and that we are created in his image. I know that I would not birth children to only predestine them to hell. No loving person would do this. How c...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 3 Hours Ago

point of fetal pain should be used instead of viability as abortion regulation standard

dairygirl4u2c
TyroneShelton

instead of being able to regulate when abortion can occur based on viability, it should be based on when the fetus starts feeling pain. the fact we'd have to use pain killers to kill the fetus shows the inhumanity of what is being done. viability is not a magic spot of when a fetus feels pain, or is suddenly a human, take it back a few moments and it's still a person. why not just take it back to the humane point of fetus pain?...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 5 Hours Ago

there are few claims of inerrancy of the pope prior to 1000AD

dairygirl4u2c

are there many claims of inerrancy of the pope prior to say, 1000-1300? i see plenty that he is a "first among equals" and a highly respected leader, and perhaps even deferred to, but nothing in the way of 'inerrant'. it's said that even if that doctrine is true, it wouldn't just spring up in full force. which i understand. but then again, it wouldn't take more than a thousand years to say something about the pope being inerrant. also, i'm trying to understand a critical point in history....

Challenge Period
8 Comments
Updated 12 Hours Ago

Jesus Is God

Lucassamson
christthinker

I would like to have this debate with a trinitarian Christian who believes Jesus is God. I am setting conditions for this challenge and they are as follows. *since Christians belive that God is All-knowing, the pro must be able to prove how Jesus matches this criteria. *Christians claim to be monotheistic, the pro must prove that Jesus is God and there is no other God besides him. *If Jesus was the son of God, how then is he God and yet God is one? First round is for acceptance,...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 8 Hours Ago

Jesus is the first creature made by God ~ Revelation 3:14

radz

Who can accept this debate challenge?If you believe that Jesus is the first creature of God , then, you can accept this debate challenge in order to defend it.If you know so much about the Christology of Arianism, Russelites, Jehovah's Witnesses, then, you can accept this defend challenge in order to defend the proposition that Jesus is the first creature of God.

Challenge Period
3 Comments
Updated 19 Hours Ago

The Islamic State does not properly follow Islam.

UtherPenguin
JonSnuu

Debate impossible to accept. Comment or Pm me if you are interested in debating. Rules: -BOP is on Pro. - Failure by either side to abide by the format or terms will result in a lose of conduct during the voting period. -If Con finds the terms to be inaccurate or unreasonable then he/or she may alter the terms but only with a sound argument as to why. -No Semantics, or Trolling. -Be civil. Terms: Islamic State: (Alternativly spelt ISIS, ISIL or DAE'SH): A Salafi jihadist militant gro...

Debating Period
11 Comments
Updated 12 Hours Ago

Is Calvinism biblical?

Jake33ss
dsjpk5

Hello I believe calvinism is taught by the bible . I am exited for this debate. For anyone who doesn't know what calvinism is these are the five points Radical depravity.that man is sinful in his nature and is unable to turn to God (John 6:44 Romans 3:23) Unconditional election. That God From before time began chose who would be saved (Ephesians 1:4 Romans 9) Definite atonement . That in his death Jesus secured the salvation of the elect.(john 10:1-29 Irrestible grace . That when god calls...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 6 Hours Ago

Gay marriage and Catholics

maddyvonree
mrbobalino

Catholics should not support gay marriage because of the belief that God created man and woman to be made one and procreate. It is also not pro-life to believe in gay marriage because of that procreation piece. This is not saying that being gay is a sin because it's not. This is just saying that redefining the meaning of marriage is wrong. In the Catholic Church, marriage has a different definition than society today. Since God created marriage, it is not correct for any Catholic in society toda...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 14 Hours Ago

Jesus Is Not God.

AlhajiDawah
Jake33ss

I begin in the name of Allah the beneficent and the most merciful. I am refuting what the Christians claim and falsely attributed to Jesus(peace be upon him) stating that Jesus is God, because we believe that is something that was fabricated by human beings which Jesus himself never claimed to be God, and it is not part of the Monotheism way of Jesus (peace be upon him) or the way of any other Messenger. Jesus never preached being God and there is no where in the Bible where Jesus said I AM...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 3 Hours Ago

there is no such thing as hell.

vi_spex
TGambit

i can at best believe in hell.. stories are not real, as i cant see, hear, touch the stories beyond the words being spoken or where ever you get the story from. belief is false, be lie, as i dont know is true, and i have no beliefs i see that i dont see a dog in my room right now, and i am certain that i am not, but i can believe there is a dog in my room that i cant see

Voting Period
12 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago