Religion Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

God (Yahweh) Is Immoral Based On The Book Of Job

RyanV
brontoraptor

To begin with let me tell you a story. "A boss makes a bet with a psychopath, to test an exemplary employee's loyalty. Giving in to the temptation by the psychopath, the boss stops the security system in place to protect his employee's property and friends and lets the psychopath destroy the employee's life. The psychopath burns down the employee's tower and slaughters his family. If only the security system was on, none of this would have happened. Despite this, the employee does not b...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 4 Hours Ago

Great Apostasy prophesied or demonstrated in the New Testament. (Take 2)

WalkingTarget

My LDS Neighbor said this to me in regards to the great apostasy, "The Old Testament prophesied it, you watch it unfold in the New Testament, and you can make observations from history that confirm it." The Great Apostasy, as explained by my neighbor, is the great falling away of the church as a whole that happened as a result of evil influences that removed the plain and precious truths of the Gospel Principles and this Great Apostasy was complete at the death of the last apostle where the a...

Challenge Period
4 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

religion is false

vi_spex
princearchitect

doing math is slaying dragons, some get ate.. religion...

Debating Period
109 Comments
Updated 3 Hours Ago

The Biblical Adam and Eve were real people

Phenenas
princearchitect

I will be arguing that it is scientifically, logically, and historically impossible that the Biblical Adam and Eve ever existed in the real world. Pro must argue not only that Adam and Eve are historical, non-fictional figures, but that the accounts of their lives outlined in Genesis are completely accurate. Therefore, the BoP is shared by Pro and Con.Definitions:Adam - according to the Book of Genesis, the first man, created from dust by God.Eve - according to...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

God is real.

Mythman2090
MagicAintReal

I believe that the concept of God is false, mainly because of a lack of evidence. Since the pro holds the burden of proof in this argument, I won't be stating any arguments in round one, however pro will be stating their argument in round one....

Debating Period
7 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Why god is coming back

God_is_awesome
GMZ3R00

God is coming back, because if you read in the bible about the end times, a lot have came true. End Time Sign - VIOLENCE AND SEXUAL IMMORALITY Luke 17:28-30 ...'Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded; But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all. Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.' Genesis 6:13 tells us that in Noah...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Romans 3:7 and 2cor 11:5,10.fundamentally show everything that is wrong with Pauline Christianity

isaacthemaniac
HSamei1999

Round 1 acceptance 2 and 3 rebuttals or arguments. As you see fit....

Debating Period
8 Comments
Updated 12 Hours Ago

religion is false

vi_spex
brontoraptor

Voting Period
7 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Jesus was just a loonie.

IhateGod
Dragon_of_Christ

Jesus is a phony! First he claimed that he was the son of god, which cannot be confirmed. He forgave every man he met, even forgiving that slut Mary Magdalene. Jesus was not a prosecutor of the law! They should have been punished, but no, that lunatic forgave them without proper authority! Also, he claimed that wine is his blood and the bread is his body. That would make every christian a cannibal. Then Jesus "died for our sins". Why did he sacrifice himself when all that was really needed was...

Debating Period
10 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

God is not worthy of worship

Seagull

Resolved: God is not worthy of worshipI realize the nature of this topic is likely to garner the contempt of many. I respectfully ask that you spare me any personal attacks. I sincerely want to debate this topic. I am not motivated to do so out of a desire to disrespect anyone or their beliefs. Rather, I desire this debat...

Challenge Period
43 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago