Religion Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Orthodoxy and Islam are similar in many ways

PonticGreekMacedonian

Hello, I am Greek Orthodox and I am here to debate about the similarities between Orthodoxy and Islam. I will be debating for this topic and my opponent will obviously debate against this topic. I will explain how both the Religions are similar but my opponent will explain how they are not. This is a friendly debate and it does not require any hate, I will respect my opponent's views. God Bless!...

Challenge Period
3 Comments
Updated 9 Hours Ago

Pinapatunayan ng Bibliya ang PAPACY

JuanCatolico
jesusnazarene128

Magandang araw Sir JesusNazareno128 at ako'y inyong pinaunlakan sa unang DCF Online Debate via debate.org. Ito'y isang napakagandang pagkakataon para maipaliwanag ang pananampalatayang Katoliko at maikumpara sa ibang mga paniniwala upang malaman natin ang katotohanan.Una sa lahat, ang ating paksa para sa debateng ito ay "Pinapatunayan ng Bibliya ang PAPACY." Naniniwala tayo, maging mga Katoliko o Protestante man, na ang Bibliya ang siyang salita ng Diyos. Kaya n...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago

Abortion

SGR
debater1919

Look, I know that a lot of religious people are going to say; "because the Lord said so", but how do you know that, what I primarily question is how humans can know all of this "spiritual" knowledge but only the church can have it? If a girl or woman did a little mistake of not using any condoms, or if she got raped, the Lord did not help her in those times, he had to just watch until she got the abortion and she is in the wrong. A woman"s vagina is she"s, not yours, not theirs and most import...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 10 Hours Ago

morality=right+intent

vi_spex

any right actions is moral...

Challenge Period
10 Comments
Updated 15 Hours Ago

Muhammad is prophesied in the Bible

CuriousFear
Killerchicken12

I will be arguing that the prophet Muhammad SAW is definitely mentioned in the Bible in multiple verses and chapters. I only accept a Christian as my opponent. Round 1: Opinion and acceptance Round 2: Argument Round 3: Whatever Round 4: Whatever...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 13 Hours Ago

Questions to Calvinists

SanaBirajini

Why do you dare to explain specific subjects in the Bible in GOD"S PERSPECTIVE? For ex. by following this you do not hesitate to refute 2Ki 20:6 stating that never 15 years was added to the age of Hezekiah after he humbled himself; total years of Hezekiah was pre defined? ""otherwise they might return and be forgiven" (Is 6:10 & Mt 13:15). If the so called non-elect can not repent and have eternal life, why did Jesus say so? Jesus could have explained them His message since they can not repen...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Eating meat in 1st world countries is usually gluttony.

Stupidape

Brief intro, I'm upset about factory farming. I'm looking for something to blame. I lashed out at the nearest thing I could and tried to blame it. Yet, since 99% of animals are factory farmed in the USA and 77% of citizens are Christian, clearly there is no correlation nor causation between the two. 22% difference is too vast. I needed to find something pan-human, something all humans have, Christian and otherwise. Since 99% is almost 100%.I'm on a sort of quest to f...

Challenge Period
5 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Gays can't reproduce so they must be recruiting.

Stupidape
Sarah9019a

My stance is that gays are born, can reproduce, and are not recruiting. I'm not sure what the opposing side is stating on this. I think there is some scientific explanation for Gays, though I'm not sure never bother to look into the topic. Burden of proof is 51% on Pro. Thanks for the debate....

Debating Period
5 Comments
Updated 18 Hours Ago

There Is No Proof of God

Esiar
CuriousFear

My argument will be that there is no proof of a God, and Con's argument will be that there is proof of a God. I don't have to prove that there is no God because I'm not claiming that there is no God. Round 1: Con gives proof of God/What they believe to be proof of God Rounds 2-5: Counter arguments...

Debating Period
6 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Punishment For An Abortion Is the pastor right?

bearski
Tree_of_Death

A teenage girl as she is about to be executed for aborting her unborn baby is advised by the pastor if she wishes to enter God's Kingdom and avoid Satan's Pit she must genuinely repent. The pastor then tells the executioner. Now do your duty The debate question involves taking the scenario as stated as factual. In other words refuting it by stating something like abortion is legal is not a proper response to the debate question The question is: From a moral and spiritual basis did the p...

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago