Religion Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Christianity is more believable than Atheism.

JustRafiki
PowerPikachu21

Is Atheism better than Christian or is it the opposite? Christianity is the better one of the two. I mean yes, Atheist might not have to worship God or do events they don't want to, but at the end of the day Christians come on top. If Atheists are correct on that after death there is nothing, and Christians are wrong about an eternity in Heaven then we both die and nothing happens. But if Christians are correct, then after death, Christians go to Heaven and Nonbelievers go to Hell. To be honest...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Muslims Are Terrorists

MrMashyy
POPOO5560

I believe true muslims are terrorists. I also believe that islam is a barbaric terrorist religion. ISIS and other islamic terrorist groups are true believers of islam. The muslims who say that all muslims are not terrorists are either: terrorists in disguise, OR not true believers of islam....

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 5 Days Ago

Is sinning necessarily bad?

KDDebater
Pest

Let's start with a definition; what is good/bad? I think the best definition is "something that creates happiness/unhappiness, that heals/hurt, that cause pleasure/suffering". If your definition was "that is in accordance/against to the commandments of God", I'd say that it has no meaning, that it is pointless. Being good or bad with this last definition has no consequences. Stealing, raping, and killing are bad, I think we all agree on this. But they are not bad because the bible says it...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 6 Days Ago

Why don't christians take their god at his word?

backwardseden
Pest

Why don’t christians take their god at his word?A perfect example of this is god freely admitting that he is “evil” and yet christians do NOT take their god as being evil even though their god does several times in his bible freely admit that he is evil. In other words...

Debating Period
5 Comments
Updated 5 Days Ago

Assuming the Christian God Exists, is he Worthy of Worship?

ConserativeDemocrat
DNehlsen

Explanation: In this debate, I will argue that the God of the Christian bible commits numerous atroicties and thus, isn't worthy of worship. Pro will need to argue that God deserves worship. Since the default position should be something isn't deserving of worship, the BoP is on Pro.Rules:1.) Cite your sources 2.) Be respectful3.) NO TROLLING!4.) Start your argument in the first round5.) BoP is on Pro6.) Start your arguments in the first...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

The Bible is reliable

kwagga_la
CosmoJarvis

The Bible is reliable in that it accurately recorded events as it happened. To show that the Bible is unreliable it will be up to Con to show that the Bible contradicts itself. Please use only one or two examples at most per round. Examples must preferably prove that God made an error or contradicted Himself. Humans are able to err. History books contain lots of examples where people lied or made a mistake but that do not make the history unreliable. If more than two arguments are mentione...

Debating Period
9 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

God is man-made

shannon83
kwagga_la

Hello and welcome,This is my first debate that I have set up on this site so I have much to learn. My history with religion was simple enough. I was raised a Southern Baptist and after High school I joined the military. After serving in the military I went to college and concluded that God must be man-made. I plan on presenting the same arguments that lead me to this conclusion.About the debate: I wi...

Voting Period
13 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

god hates children

backwardseden
Forever23

A child, age 6 for example who has stage 4 cancer, does not know what is happening to him/ her. Their cries are not heard, that they are in constant pain unless they are given sedatives/ pain killers, that they are terrified, that they are in an unfamiliar place (a hospital of some kind as an example), and are not home unless it is special circumstance, that they really do not understand what suffering is, but those around them probably do,...

Debating Period
20 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Does Society need Religion?

Wyattcodered
MrDelaney

I am the pro side, I will argue that society needs religion Debate will work like this; 1st round Pro states position and first argument 2nd round I respond and sate first argument 3rd round 2nd position for each side 4th no new argument just rebuttal to the first two...

Voting Period
12 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

can you disprove Christianity with facts?

DRmagus101
FreshMeat12

To prove Christianity false you must first know what it is. To me, I will be using its definition as defined in the King James Version. In my time I have come across these 3 main issues that people have and thus explain pre-emptively how they only prove I`m right Q1. if god is true, why not there be gods? Answer- In truth Christianity does not say there is only one god , rather that there is many gods , but one ruler of gods who also is a god. Q2. where is proof the ruler of gods e...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago