Religion Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

The Book of Genesis is literal and accurate

FMAlchemist

In this debate i will be defending the position that the biblical book of genesis is not literal and/or accurate. I am doing this debate because a lot of people still disregard science just because the bible says something contradictory. Good luck to whoever i might be debating against. The BoP is shared. First round is acceptance.Definitions:accurate: correct in all details; exact literal: taking...

Challenge Period
1 Comments
Updated 43 Minutes Ago

New Age and Christianity are Compatible Worldviews

Impact94

I believe that New Age and Christianity are compatible worldviews. I'm interested in debating Christians or people who are not Christians, although the only requirement for this debate is to have already completed five debates on DDO.This debate has:-72 hours to argue.-8,000 char. total per round.

Challenge Period
3 Comments
Updated 5 Hours Ago

ROUND TWO: Jesus was a non-smoker

mightbenihilism
Impact94

My proposition: Jesus didn't smoke. Not cigarettes, not cigars, not cigarillos. Con may rebut at will....

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 5 Hours Ago

It is better to be honest and poor than dishonest and rich!

moses_moses
user_name

It is better to be honest and poor than dishonest and rich!...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 4 Hours Ago

It is appropriate to build a Muslim community center (aka the 'Ground Zero Mosque') near the Worl

moses_moses

It is appropriate to build a Muslim community center (aka the 'Ground Zero Mosque') near the World Trade Center site!...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 6 Hours Ago

Jesus did not break the Sabbath commandment

Truth_seeker
mightbenihilism

I argue against the belief or claim that Jesus broke the Torah commandment to do no work on the 7th day. First Round Acceptance...

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 6 Hours Ago

Jesus was a non-smoker

mightbenihilism
FreedomBeforeEquality

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 6 Hours Ago

A resolution to remove tax exemptions from religious institutions in the U.S.

moneystacker
user_name

Con will post argument first I am just listing clarification statements 1. Go by the resolution don't go off topic 2. Try not to be to mean on this debate their will be clash but yeah 3. good luck...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 9 Hours Ago

JC was NOT the messiah

Eliyahu
9spaceking

Bs'd JC did not fulfill the messianic prophecies, therefore he was NOT the messiah. For the finer details look here: http://MountZion.notlong.com...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 3 Hours Ago

The Christian God is personal and not merely philosophical

Truth_seeker
18Karl

I argue that you cannot empirically or logically prove that God exists, but that it has to come from divine revelation or a desire to form a relationship. I will present evidence for my views. First round acceptance...

Debating Period
5 Comments
Updated 5 Hours Ago