Religion Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

RESOLVED: Christianity is Beneficial to the Individual Man

LogicalLunatic
Kc1999

At the last second my opponent in the Tournament contacted me on DDO, with an idea for a topic. I would prefer to debate something else, but as this is pretty much the last second...okay. This is what we will debate. I'm assuming that since my opponent contacted me on this Site, he wants for the Debate to take place on this Site. I hope that this doesn't violate any rules. So, without any further delay... First Round is for Acceptance. Burden of Proof is on Pro, though I usually prefer to sh...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 3 Hours Ago

The Theory of God

I-AM-AWESOME
DeJesus.Lisette

To start out here are the rules 1. Must take the side of believing in god. 2. No curse words or direct attacks. 3. Must provide argument evidence with citation (of website) or chapter in book. Here is my opening statement: To my opinion the existence of god cannot be proved with real evidence. The nonexistent of god can, therefore it is more logical to not believe in the theory of god. I await your response....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 3 Hours Ago

God exists

bettyagajyelleh
KhalifV

I believe that God is real. I believe that God created everything, from the air we breath, to the ground we walk on. And God created people's minds to be extremely limited. So we cannot understand how God created us, and we can't understand how he has no beginning or end....

Debating Period
7 Comments
Updated 11 Hours Ago

God is real

Mr.Lincoln
KhalifV

First round is acceptance...

Debating Period
7 Comments
Updated 12 Hours Ago

The Biblical Flood occurred

GOP
Envisage

Greetings, everyone. I hope and pray that we will have a good debate. My job here is to prove that the Biblical flood occurred. Con's job is to prove that it did NOT occur at ALL. He is supposed to do this by successfully refuting the proofs that I offer for the flood. He cannot offer contentions of his own. Just refutations. Rules:1. No resolution-snipers. I don't want somebody to come here...

Debating Period
12 Comments
Updated 20 Minutes Ago

Christianity offers false hope to the weak minded.

EvolvedConsciousness
TakingTheCake

I have come to form the opinion that although christianity can be seen as having morally acceptable foundations by today's societal standards, it has bred from these foundations a following that is afraid to question its outdated teachings for fear of being cast into eternal damnation by a vengeful god. I am willing to debate the validity of christian teachings/history with anyone by staying open minded to any rebuttal and only attempting to refute my opponents opinions using logic and respect ,...

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 16 Hours Ago

Deism is probably correct for the existence of a

ChosenWolff

Locked for the rest of the week. I'm very busy. Ask to accept in the comments. R4 will only be extended for arguing, pending I feel we should go another round. Con has the abscence of evidence, meaning I...

Challenge Period
6 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

God: Myth (Against) or Reality (For)

Victoria85176
Tilar

First round - Acceptance Second round - Contentions Third - Contentions/ Rebuttals Fourth - Closing Please don't bring up any new ideas in the fourth round :) Thanks! :)...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 7 Hours Ago

The Athiest Defense

squirtdonthurt
Cognitive_Consonance

My Argument ..... that some Atheist attempt to sit on the sidelines with a passive nuetral stance in the matters of the existence of God, meaning they will try to place themself in a position where they do not have to defend themself or make a claim making their stance undefeatable, seeing how you cannot validate or invalidate a claim that is never made and cannot debate against a positon that claims it does not have a position or claim this leads me to talk to thin air. Athiest somet...

Voting Period
4 Comments
Updated 6 Hours Ago

"Under God" should remain in the pledge, for the sake of tradition

The_Immortal_Emris
labarum

Labarum suggests the phrase "Under God" should be left in the pledge of allegiance, for the sake of tradition. I will argue con. First round is for acceptance only, please....

Debating Period
7 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago