Religion Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

God Is Real

MCB2700
chevybow

I believe that god is real because why would everything about god just be made up? Why would someone write an entire book about a god who created the world for no good reason? God has proved to do many miracles such as bring Jesus back to life when he died on the cross. Take the book "Heaven is for real, A Little Boy's Astounding Story of His Trip to Heaven and Back" written by Lynn Vincent and Todd Burpo. If this child hadn't had a trip to heaven, how would he have known about his little sister...

Debating Period
7 Comments
Updated 6 Hours Ago

A Synoptic Gospel/Acts Was Composed before 100AD

Envisage

Resolution Outline: This debate is unusually in that Pro will carry the burden of proof to demonstrate that any of three synoptic Gospels (of Matthew, Mark or Luke) or Book of Acts in the New Testament were composed before 100AD. The standard of proof is that of 'reasonable confidence', thus Pro does not need to conclusively prove his case, but give reason enough to accept the early dating of at least one Gospel over a later dating. This debate is closed, message in comments if interested in...

Challenge Period
28 Comments
Updated 10 Hours Ago

Euthenasia

Havenkeep
Philocat

When someone is in pain and is in the clutches of a terminal sickness how much do they really want to go on. If you are dying of brain cancer and you don't want your family to see you melting into nothingness would you really just continue on even though you had less than six months to live. Put yourself in their shoes, no we don't mean the elderly we mean the young people who don't want to waste away and be in pain for the last years of their life. Of course strict laws would help to limit the...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 15 Hours Ago

God Exists

woojin05
Benshapiro

First round is for introduction CON constructive case only.Second round is for PRO constructive case and rebuttals, and for CON is rebuttals and reconstruction....

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Do we NEED religion?

KylePooley
Beginner

Is religion REALLY a key essential to not only religious people but non-believers? I really want you to focus on the work NEED, because as I understand religion DOES help people with faith, but obviously can also be bad and vice versa. But as an atheist, and the rest we have not had the need to be religious, and as an effect in general terms, we have the same morals, ethics, and mind set discarding any extremities. Which can really be answered in it self; No, we don't NEED religion to be the...

Debating Period
9 Comments
Updated 11 Hours Ago

Going to hell

Svenyboy
MichaelPP

So if I am a completely messed up human being who live just out of sin, harms and kills. And if Satan loves evil in general, what would happen to me if I went to hell. Would Satan actually torture me, I think he would do the opposite, he would adore me if he loves evil. Seems like common sense to me. (Not evil :D =)...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

People don't have to go to church to have a strong relationship with god

ILoveyou_Forever26
maddy_v_r

I'm truly convinced that you do not have to go to church in order to have a strong relationship with God and Jesus Christ. A lot of people actually have really busy lives and almost never get a break, not everyone can make it to church. Is God really going to punish someone for not going to church? Probably not. God is very loving and understanding and always has open arms to anyone no matter how bad the person might be. Jesus died on the cross for our sins so we could be forgiven. It actually b...

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

The "Big Bang" is possible on a Christian standpoint.

piefav
gannon260

What I mean by this topic is that the big bang is believable of a Christian or other religious person. If you are a Christian with an unbiased counter-claim and you want to debate, go ahead and accept. This round is just for starting....

Voting Period
15 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Does the Bible teach complete Pacifism?

White_Fire
Shrek_sDrecKid

Does the Bible teach that we should never use violence, participate in just war, or defend ourselves? I will be Con, I believe the Bible tells us that there is a righteous use of force that is not considered sin. Only Christians (e.g. Protestant ,Baptist, etc.) who will be basing their arguments off of the King James Bible (KJV) will I debate. Catholics may participate while abiding the rules above. No Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Buddhists, Muslims, or any other religion that does not believe...

Debating Period
6 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

A Supreme Being Can Rationally Exist

tejretics
maddy_v_r

A Supreme Being, by definition, is a sentient creature of high-level intelligence that exercises physical control over the universe. By the basic laws of Charles Darwin's evolutionary concept, the fact that a living being existed before the dawn of genetic evolution, in unfavorable conditions (according to quantum physics), is impossible. No creature could possibly have the genetic and evolutionary requirements for such metaphysical devices. In 1927, Georges Lemaitre proposed the Big Bang theory...

Voting Period
3 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago