jay.teeh
malcolmxy

reporting communicable diseases

jay.teeh

Con

why should people go against reporting communicable diseases? do people have rights to keep communicable diseases to themselves or let warn people about it? do people have rights for their own health privacy?
malcolmxy

Pro

The number of reasons people should resist registering as having X or Y disease are nearly innumerable, but by answering your other questions, I will disprove your resolution, which I believe to be, "People Should be Forced to Report Communicable Diseases".

do people have rights to keep communicable diseases to themselves or let warn people about it?

In America - Yes. This right would be guaranteed by the 4th Amendment to the US Constitution.

do people have rights for their own health privacy?

Again, I can only answer from the place in which I live, but yes...yes they do. In fact, there is an entire body of laws that have been set up to guarantee this:

The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) Privacy and Security Rules

http://www.hhs.gov...
jay.teeh

Con

jay.teeh forfeited this round.
malcolmxy

Pro

round forfeited by opponent.
jay.teeh

Con

people with communicable diseases can be discriminated by others, it should be there choice to choose whether they should keep it to themselves or tell someone. Yes, it should be reported for other peoples safety but they need to save themselves from others bullying, harassing, and abusing, and picking on them, they have the right to keep it to themselves and they know how to keep they're distance away from others with no communicable diseases. They keep it a secret so they can fit in with the society and just feel normal. Discriminating someone for who, or what they are or do isn't the key to bring peace, love, and unity into this world were living in. Imagine yourself being in this situation, and think, what would you do???
malcolmxy

Pro

My opponent makes no consistent argument in the one round in which he participated after my initial response to his first argument.

As such, you should vote for my opponent, and not me.