guitargod
Koopin

resolved: mettal is better for society than rap, wich is detramental to society.

guitargod

Pro

ok where is the talent in rap? so what you can rhyme a few words and loop them 1000 times to some crappy synth beat. anyone with musical talent need not apply to the realm of rap cuz to make it in the rap industry you just need to pay someone to push buttons to make a song and all you need to do is talk into a microphone about the STUP!DEST SH!T and boom your a millionare corrupting the music industry. Metal is a lot better for a simple reason. Its a lot of variety! You have tons and tons and tons of bands and styles. So even those that don\'t like the Growling can find something they like.
rap is bad for society-

link - youth/crime
Rap music tends to focus on wealth. The wealth is attained by being a thug and participating in such activities as gangs, drug dealing, and larceny. The message all too often is crime pays, and pays in a very big way. The problem lies in the fact that the get rich quick and easy life style is far too alluring to young people especially in a society which promotes individualism and looking out for number one to begin with. When you multiply the effect by hearing that crime pays, a dangerous pattern begins to emerge.

link - education
Visit almost any public school high school in America and the impact of rap music is instantly visible. From young men dressing to emulate their favorite rap artist to young women dressing to match the women and dancers featured on the feature videos. however, the influence does not stop with clothing and jewelry. The achievement gap separating the poor from just about everyone else springs from a powerful, anti-education culture rising in the poor community, a local think tank argues in a new report. Parents who undervalue education, and a mass media that peppers youth with the quick, shallow rewards of hip-hop lifestyle, are steering alarming numbers of boys down a dead-end path, PolicyBridge contends.
Koopin

Con

My opponent is trying to prove three things.

1.Rap is bad for society.
2.Rap requires no talent
3.Rock music is better for society than rap

I would like to start of by saying that pro has plagiarized by copying his words from http://www.stabroeknews.com... and http://www.associatedcontent.com...

Since my opponent has fail to word his own debate, I will simply use this round to ask him some questions. I expect for him to use his own words in round two, only then will I reply.

Question 1: Do you think rap music should cease to be on the Radio.
Question 2: Why is Metal good for society?
Question 3: What do you think that talent is?

Already my opponent has clearly lost the votes of spelling and conduct.

(1). http://dictionary.reference.com...
guitargod

Pro

my opponent has tried to avoid the issue and make a retarded offcase argumant on how i shouldnt use anything i didnt right. but i would like to bring up the point that in a real debate you use cards (witch you dont wright), you basicaly argue off of any information you can find thats out there, what i am doing is perfictaly legitament, i took an artical and added a little of my own commentary creating my arguments (unlike my oponent who has curently no oncase arguments). and as far as your questions, go read my first speach. it specificaly talks about how rap is a negative influence witch harms education, raizes crime raits and hurts society in generaL. I WILL NOT WAIST MY 2AC RE-EXPLAINING ALL OF THIS!! Dont be lazy just go and read it. Spectators, you should vote AFF because the NEG as of currently has not created a single oncase argument to counter any of the number of arguments i have brought up, and therefore has conseeded to all of them. all he has ran is a failed offcase argument saying that using bits from other articals is bad. This being the case that the neg has posed no valad offcase and no oncase resons to vote neg, you have no reson to vote neg and thus should vote aff. (also even if my oponent brings up arguments in his 2NC, this would be abusive of the round and just another reson th vote AFF) (P.S. who cares about perfict spelling?)
Koopin

Con

Thank you for posting your next argument.

Sadly you have still failed to provide a real argument using your own words. The words that you do use are very hard to interpret.
You did not answer any of my questions that are necessary for this debate.

Plagiarism is still cheating, no matter what you want to call it. Have you ever taken a debate class? You can be ejected from the debate for using plagiarism.

You did not put in your own commentary throughout the debate, but rather posted a short rant at the beginning.

You have take offence to a simple debate. You have cheated by using plagiarism. You are using horrific grammar and your ‘argument' fails to answer my questions in depth.

Despite all of this I will post a brief argument, though I know this debate is already won.

There is no way of telling which music is better for society. The reason is, there are so many different people, white, black, northerners, southerners, short, tall, Christian, atheist, gay, strait, ect…. There can not be one type of music for all of them.

You claim that rap music requires no talent. Well first let me say that many people would take that claim as racism, but in this debate I will not use that card. Watch video #1.
Okay, now ignoring the amazing talent this person has to make a beat, he can rap better than you. He came up with the lyrics which takes talent. Saying that it does not take any talent to write rap is saying that it takes no talent to write songs.

You also say that rappers just need to pay someone to push a button. Can't you say the same thing about singers in the metal bands? They pay someone to play the drums, they pay someone to do the guitar, and they pay someone to scream in the background. It is sometimes called teamwork.

You say that you are a Christian, well, please view video #2.
If you believe what you said here,
"All you need to do is talk into a microphone about the STUP!DEST SH!T"
Then you are saying that about your religion.
Did you know there is a such thing as Christian rap, it is a form of worship.

The truth is that it all depends on what music the individual likes, and not just what you like.
I have tried to base my argument off of your own words. My references in this argument are the videos I have shown. I encourage you to try to post your own words in the last debate.

Audience, please vote con. Thank you
guitargod

Pro

its true you would get kicked out of class for plagerizing... on a report or a paper, but in debate you use pre-written cards you get from reliable sources, you read those in your first speach, then argue based on it in your later speaches and in the questioning piriods.
on another note...
you are abusing this round...
....expecting to win based on spelling alone, not giving me a single on-case argument untill your first speach
....introducing new evidence after your seccond speach
and sence you are, i will as well-
A- Rap is known for its horrendous use of bad language
in the majority of rap you here on the radio, there is allways spaces and beeps where theese "artists" use foul language. among theese, the 2 most common are "f-ck/b*ch" and "n-ggers". now the first pair is an extreamly sexist word and the seccond is an extreamly racist word. do you know what the purpose of language is? the purpose of creating a language is to be able to define reality and whats around you. and in a language where theres this common hiarch referd to in such songs that have such a heavy influence on youth, this will in reality create opression of blacks and womyn. and as proven by history, opression of a couple inevitivly leads to opression of many.

B-the majority of rap on the raidio and on the ipods of americas youth is not christion, or music with good values
christion rap is only a small % of rappers as a whole and statisticaly dont have a very strong infuence on todays youth, seing as how in the past decade, rap has become overewelmingly one of the most popular type of music, and seing the crime raits go up in sequence with raps popularity.

c-ANYONE CAN WRITE LYRICS
i dont know anyone who cant ryme 2 words and work it into a phrase

D-all you argued is that rap has tallent, but didnt talk about how it was not harmfull to society.
in not posting any on-case arguments to this specific resolution, and relying allmost wholy on your good spelling you have lost this debate. in a debate who cares about the spelling? all that matters is the winning of oncase arguments and the majority of offcase. kritiking spelling is just stupid, lol that would be laughable if thats the only argument you brought up in a real debate round.

to the spectators: all my opponent has done is provided a lazy off case kritik of my spelling and has answerd none of my numerous on-case and off-case arguments. he has ruined this debate by basicaly working his way around the actual resolution witch is extreamly harmfull to fairnes and education wich is a voter. so please, vote AFF! =)
Koopin

Con

I shall not go on about plagiarizing, seeing that I have already made my point to the voters.

A. You claim that rap music is known for 'horrendous use of bad language.' Your resolution says 'rap music' you fail to clarify, which music are you talking about?
The fact is, there are many different raps, they are not all the same. Just as metal can have curse words in it.

B. Again, you did not say the rap on the radio, you just said rap.

C. If you are so confident that rap takes no talent, lets do a rap battle, you and me. It can be video or just something written. here is the link: http://www.debate.org...

D. I believe you should read my argument, I said there is no way of telling which is better for society.

I thank the audience for reading this debate, I heavily urge a con vote.
Posted by rawuncut 6 years ago
rawuncut
All i have to say Metal Rules

Rap Sucks!
Posted by ErodingEthos 7 years ago
ErodingEthos
Evolution does not go against nature. You must clearly not understand thermodynamics if you believe this. Second of all, no educated person is going to take you seriously if you can't spell correctly or use proper grammar.
Posted by guitargod 7 years ago
guitargod
who cares about spelling? and then tell me why is it hillarious that i think evolution disproves god? it goes against the laws of nature.
Posted by Forrunner24 7 years ago
Forrunner24
Hmmm..."rap requires no talent" and "the STUP!DEST SH!T and BOOM! your a millionare?" Comments like this make me mad! Where are the facts here? It's a completely oppinionated debate! Say something like this:

"Rap requires little talent compared to metal because it can be done by one person and a keyboard. However, to have a metal band, you need at least four people!"
Posted by Dmorgen 7 years ago
Dmorgen
Yeah...

The entirety of your knowledge about evolution comes from a boisterous Oklahoma clergyman, eh?

The remarkable thing about this is I'm not sure you understand why your profile is so hilarious. Have you noticed how no one ever spells things the way you do? Honestly, this round has to go to thermal "dinamice".

Do you not have a shred of self-awareness?
Posted by guitargod 7 years ago
guitargod
but evolution is illogical, the natural proses of everything is de-evolution, not evolution as stated by the 2nd law of thermal dinamice states that out of every proses there is created a levle of entropy, and as a result, any proses created of the previos one has an increase in entropy, thus making evolution a physical imposibility. you cannot get a more complecated prosses out of a less complicated one, wich is directly what the theory of evolution states. it says that "on pure chance" a cell was formed (somthing by the way that can not be recreated even with our most advanced technology) and some where along the line evolved into us. it is illogical.
Posted by Dmorgen 7 years ago
Dmorgen
Okay... I just read guitargod's profile, and I want so badly to believe he is a troll.

According to his profile he likes the saying: "Those who do not know their own history are doomed to repeat it." He attributes this phrase to a "geek philosofist" from "like 30 years ago". He is a creationist because, in his eyes, the theory of evolution is "unlogical".

I mean seriously, read this profile. The language skills are sup-par for a 10 year-old. This individual is either a troll or the most woefully ignorant and disastrously uneducated person I have ever encountered. How is this possible?
Posted by Dmorgen 7 years ago
Dmorgen
From guitargod's second round argument, I literally laughed out loud when I read the words "perfictaly legitament". It's like something you would see in a Nigerian bank scam email.

"I assuage you sir. We are perfictaly legitament businessmans."
Posted by Koopin 7 years ago
Koopin
lol feverish, you know that its an easy win no matter who you debate with.
Posted by feverish 7 years ago
feverish
I would happily debate guitargod or anyone else on this or a similar resolution. I would be Con.

If you're not happy with Koopin's response gg then challenge me.
Vote Placed by ittastenasty 6 years ago
ittastenasty
guitargodKoopinTied
Vote Placed by jamie8sora 7 years ago
jamie8sora
guitargodKoopinTied
Vote Placed by guitargod 7 years ago
guitargod
guitargodKoopinTied
Vote Placed by markmcentire 7 years ago
markmcentire
guitargodKoopinTied
Vote Placed by Dmorgen 7 years ago
Dmorgen
guitargodKoopinTied
Vote Placed by Marauder 7 years ago
Marauder
guitargodKoopinTied
Vote Placed by LB628 7 years ago
LB628
guitargodKoopinTied
Vote Placed by Koopin 7 years ago
Koopin
guitargodKoopinTied