docwil34
tvellalott

resovled: pornography on the internet should be illegal

Con Tied Pro
Reasons for your voting decision - Required

docwil34

Con

hello my name is darion Williams and i will be debating the con side of this argument many people want to see women naked but it is wrong. women are human beings to do men just want to see every inappropriate body part of women. it is like saying "i want to look at a women's breasts". we should treat women like humans and not sexy morons.
thank you!
tvellalott

Pro

inB4 newb sniping...

My opponent's position to the resolution contradicts what he has said in his opening argument, but I think I understand. His position is the resolution and he is against(Con) internet porn.

REBUTTALS
"many people want to see women naked but it is wrong."
My opponent has simply made an assertion.

"women are human beings to"
Indeed; it would be rare to see anyone doing mainstream porn who doesn't completely choose to.

"do men just want to see every inappropriate body part of women."
Yes. However, there is emphasise on the 'sexual' parts of the body, namely the breasts, vagina and butt.

"it is like saying "i want to look at a women's breasts"."
What is?

"we should treat women like humans and not sexy morons."
With this statement, I'll begin my arguments...

My opponent seems to suggest that pornography degrades women. I'm sure many women would find this suggestion degrading in itself. It implies that the women in this industry are in some way being taken advantage of. This is a significant burden of proof to bear.
The question I pose to my opponent is this:
If women want to do porn and men want to watch porn, what is the problem?

CONCLUSION
My opponent has not made a case for his resolution, so I am at odds to really argue against him. I will give him a chance to write some concise arguments before I make a real case for porn.

docwil34

Con

the public just wants to see naked people and some others don't therefore we should respect both sides.
tvellalott

Pro

OPENING
My opponent hasn't addressed anything I said in my first round, so I assume he concedes all points...

REBUTTALS
"the public just wants to see naked people and some others don't therefore we should respect both sides."

This statement completely contradicts your resolution.
I fail to see how banning porn respects both sides; in fact, it doesn't show any respect for the people who are Pro Porn at all. The best way to 'respect' both sides is to allow porn to be made and distributed to interested parties but restrict the avaliability soley to people who want to see it... much like we do now.

ARGUMENTS
ABOLISH THE WHOLE INDUSTRY?
There is little doubt that sex is an all-consuming industry. Despite the saturation of porn on the internet, it is not so easy to accidently stumble upon porn. Falsely leading people to porn sites isn't good for business and is really a pointless exercise for all but the sickest mind anyway. Look here: [1]. Why would the industry NEED to lead people who don't want to see porn to porn? There are hundreds of millions of people who actively seek porn. The industry wants people who are willing to pay on their sites, not children; not overly sensitive, misguided do-gooders.
Does my opponent suggest we just disassemble the entire industry?
How would he even begin to inforce such a law?
Beastiality porn is illegal in Australia and I can assure you, it would take me about 20 seconds to Google up a site with a horse and a women engaging in some sort of dubious act.
If you are worried about exploitation of women and exposure of porn to children, there are much better solutions.

CONCLUSION
Not only has my opponent failed to make any actually arguments or provide evidence to support his vague assertions, but I've shown that his resolution is inviable and ridiculous anyway. I hope the last round brings something of substance.

SOURCES
[1] http://internet-filter-review.toptenreviews.com...
docwil34

Con

docwil34 forfeited this round.
tvellalott

Pro

My opponent is probably too busy watching porn.
VOTE CON.

Posted by JTHunter 5 years ago
JTHunter
It should be illegal...
It's not regulated

It's wrong.
Posted by Deathbeforedishonour 5 years ago
Deathbeforedishonour
In my opinion Pornagraghy is morally wrong, but the choice to veiw the contents of these websites should be up to the people themselves rather than the government. I think it should be regulated more to make sure immature kids do veiw the material.
Posted by lucyalice1989 5 years ago
lucyalice1989
I believe it is wrong to have anything to do with pornography but that is my opinion, by removing it.. it would not change others sexual belief systems or opinions.. the only way to do that is intervention! I think the law should be cracking down on child websites alot more that what they do... like come on, how do u get that sh*t on the web in the first place :(
Vote Placed by Man-is-good 5 years ago
Man-is-good
docwil34tvellalottTied
Reasons for voting decision: Let me explain my vote: 1) Conduct: Pro earns a point for conduct due to Con's forfeit. 2) Spelling and Grammar: Con begins his first post with an uncapitalized first word and shows no sign or willingness to actually use proper English 3)Argumentation: Obvious. Pro argued, Con asserted. 4) Sources: Only pro supplied sources, which were enumerated under his arguments. Con did a rather poor job negating his own resolution, even to the point of contradicting it....
Vote Placed by Cliff.Stamp 5 years ago
Cliff.Stamp
docwil34tvellalottTied
Reasons for voting decision: My opponent is probably too busy watching porn. - I do not usually 7bomb but this deserves it.