militiaofawaking
TrueScotsman

revolution in america

TrueScotsman

militiaofawaking

Pro

in the days that have preceded us, there have been many things that have been very alarming to say the least. with the suspension of habeas corpus, ndaa act and the suspension of free speech in certain areas, our freedoms are being taken away at a rate that is rivaled by fascist dictatorships of old. our country is being gripped by a team of foreign banks that are lining the pockets of our politicians in favor of handing this country over to some very bad people. while this is speculation at this point there are many who hold these views to be true. also there have been reports of " MARTIAL LAW NOW IN EFFECT" signs by the truckload in some northern states. combine this with the police units becoming highly militant, the massive buy up of guns and ammunition by DHS (dept of homeland security), and the designation of internment camps by FEMA, you have the recipe for what could be the biggest takeover by the govt of its people in the history of nations. as i said earlier these things are all speculation, but just as the government holds people as guilty until proven innocent, so i will do with them. these are some of the reasons we need to stand up and take this country back from this increasingly tyrannical, overreaching power. there are many steps to doing this, not just taking up arms and doing these things with violence. the first step is to reach out to fellow Americans and attempt to "wake up" as many people as possible. such is the reason i am typing this now. this is my opening debate.
TrueScotsman

Con

Hello,

I accept the opposition in this debate, and would like to being my case for Con by asking a series of questions to my opponent regarding his initial remarks.

Can you provide documented and definitive evidence that the following has taken place?
- That Habeus Corpus has been suspended.
- That free speech has been suspended.
- That Martial Law is in effect for some northern states.
- That the DHS is buying up massive amounts of guns and ammunition.
- That FEMA has setup internment camps.
- That the government holds people guilty until proven innocent.

In fact, if we examine your remarks you mention twice that all of these claims are nothing but speculation, or appeal to the idea that some people believe them. When any person who has spent more than 20 minutes on the internet will discover that people hold to all kinds of crazy beliefs, and the contention that someone believes it does not lend the argument any more weight.

Until documented and substantial evidence is provided in regards to the points here mentioned, your entire grounds for a revolution (a rather extreme position) I contend that we should not start a revolution agaisnt the USA off of speculation and no evidence.

The burden of demonstrating so is on my opponent.

Kind Regards,
TrueScotsman
militiaofawaking

Pro

militiaofawaking forfeited this round.
TrueScotsman

Con

Extension of argument, my opponent has failed to address my points made in opposition.

Would appreciate it if my questions can be addressed if you have the time.

Kind Regards,
TrueScotsman
militiaofawaking

Pro

militiaofawaking forfeited this round.
TrueScotsman

Con

Extension of argument.
Posted by TrueScotsman 3 years ago
TrueScotsman
Yes, nothing fixes our debt like a military overthrow of the government...
Posted by brendan4352 3 years ago
brendan4352
I think that we do need a revolution. this country is going down hill fast. And in my opinion, Obama is to blame for it. To my knowledge, this country was doing pretty good except for all the debt were in. but that hasn't gotten any better thanks to Obama and his multiple million dollar vacations. we need to get off our couches and do something about it.
Posted by militiaofawaking 3 years ago
militiaofawaking
i apologize for not making myself clear volkov. it is a debate on if we need revolution or not. as a side note i like how you described my opening argument. that was a much needed laugh for today.
Posted by Volkov 3 years ago
Volkov
What exactly are you trying to debate here - that there should be a revolution, or there will be. I can't make heads or tails of your wall o' text argument.
Vote Placed by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
militiaofawakingTrueScotsmanTied
Reasons for voting decision: ff