vi_spex
FrozenLichBox

right+intent=morality

vi_spex

Pro

being entirely evil, like hypothetically 100 percent evil, there is no right thing i can do, i cant tell you an answer to a question you have, because logically that is the answer to your question

morality is guided by objective so even thou subjective still absolute, like 1+1

deadly poisonous mushroom=immoral to give to my kid
healthy apple=moral to give to my kid

killing is evil but a wrong can be a right at the right tme
FrozenLichBox

Con

I'm not quite sure what the thesis you're proposing is, so please forgive me if my argument isn't relevant to yours.

I'm a Christian, so I believe that "right" and "wrong" are determined by God, the Creator, and not by man's law. You seem to think that whatever is law is "right", which is fallacious in of itself. Can you please provide a clearer argument, or at least provide evidence to support your current one?
vi_spex

Pro

so if you have computer problems do you look in the bible for instruction? just curious

logical is right, and illogical is wrong

bible presupposes sense, which makes the claim that the bible somehow tells me the truth and not my sense can only be invalid as i see it

logic determine right and wrong, becasue i dont pick it up and eat it when i notice it was a deadly mushroom i just picked up from the stack of apples, where as if i had grabbed an apple i was going for i might eat it

logic is the Measurement of resonable, i determine its right to not close my eyes right now to read on with my eyes, if i had transparent eye lids thou..

cause+effect=logic

the healthy apple is the cause that its right to eat it, if it was a healthy apple dipped in poison it would be wrong thou, unless dying is my intent and its justified somehow..
FrozenLichBox

Con

I think there are a few differences between computer problems and moral problems. One, the Bible is not a manual to fix computers. Two, (no matter how many times I say it, you never cease to make your claim or provide evidence for it) logic, without the proper foundation to build off of (in this case, moral knowledge) is completely morally neutral. It can't tell you that eating a poisonous mushroom is bad, it just tells you that it will harm you. You make the decision that being harmed is bad, so it isn't the logic that determined that that was wrong, but you.
vi_spex

Pro

you said right and wrong, is it right to smash your computer with a hammer to turn it on?

you said you cant tell wrong and right without the bible no?

logic is simply cause and effect, reality is logic, my old defintiion of logic was the implication of matter against matter, but you can mention any cause and effect example and see that i am right

eating a poisonous mushroom is bad if you do it to stay healthy.
FrozenLichBox

Con

Logic doesn't determine wether something is right or wrong to do. It can tell you what will happen (For example, a logical syllogism: Poisonous objects are harmful to consume, poisonous mushrooms are poisonous, therefore poisonous mushrooms are harmful to consume. That doesn't tell you wether it's a good idea or not to consume it, it just tells you what will happen. If you want to draw conclusions [like that eating the mushroom is bad] based on that logic, it's entirely you making that choice, and not the logic), not whether something's moral or not.
vi_spex

Pro

pain is bad, joy is good.. would you like me to smash you hand with a hammer real fast sir, prices are really low today

to contrast.. because i DIE from eating a deadly poisonous mushroom, its a bad idea to eat it if i am trying to stay healthy..

right is right.. wrong is wrong

obviusly the choice is mine and not the apples, but the apple dosnt have a choice about it being healthy and me going to eat it also
FrozenLichBox

Con

Pain isn't necessarily bad, and joy isn't necessarily good. If you're taking a medicine that tastes horrible, but helps you, is it bad? and if you derive pleasure from stealing from people, is that good? Man has some rough sense of morality, but it can only truly be refined by the Bible.

Again, you've still failed to spefify whether by "bad" you mean morally evil or factually incorrect. Both carry different meanings, which changes the argument drastically.
vi_spex

Pro

true, anything is bad without balance

good is bad without balance

its not illogical to do it just because it tastes bad, becasue it helps me, and i might need it if i take it

no morality can exist from the bible alone, it dosnt explain anything, you have to look at reality to compare, sense trumps bible, bible presuppose sense

bad is bad.. not not bad

there is no difference to the word wrong and the word wrong
FrozenLichBox

Con

First of all, the Bible is a historic document (rooted in reality) that teaches morality, therefore is relevant and capable of supplying morals by itself. Second, the word "wrong" has multiple meanings. You clearly didn't understand or ignored what I said. I wasn't saying the word "wrong" was different from itself, only that it has multiple meanings, like quite a few other words.

Thus far, you've given no real evidence to support your claim, other than that you're very sure of your correctness, so I'm rather glad this debate is now over, it was quite the waste of my time talking to a brick wall...
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
nah i miss 1 variable, density or surface area
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
is my bet
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
speed of sound:
weight+impact force=speed of 1 beat note
weight+swing rate/S rate=speed of a long note sound
Posted by FrozenLichBox 1 year ago
FrozenLichBox
lol101, There are two "types" of logic I'm aware of (formal logic, the actual science, that is), and one of them is completely irrelevant to the situation. So how can I use "other types" of logic when none exist?
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
that i know i am right
Posted by FrozenLichBox 1 year ago
FrozenLichBox
Your arrogance astounds me. Your "debating" revolves around spewing out meaningless concepts, providing evidence, and ignoring competition, so what, exactly, makes you so sure of your win?
Posted by lol101 1 year ago
lol101
According to vi_spex's logic, yes. All you use is your own logic, rather than other types of logic.

What is the speed of sound? Answer this.
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
i gotta say your debating skills impress me even thou i knew you had no chance of winning from the start
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
poison=not healthy
Posted by FrozenLichBox 1 year ago
FrozenLichBox
Actually, choosing to feed your kid poison vs choosing to not feed your kid poison DOES make a difference in the outcome of feeding your child poison...